2023 Classics

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Pog masterclass.

Mind you Rob Hatch in commentary may have got a bit carried away, asking are we watching the greatest rider of all-time. o_O

Crikey. Good chance of getting there...but a tad premature.

I've only just been able to turn it on...kids have been going fecking nuts today.

What have I missed??
Pog got in the breakaway before the coverage started and nobody could do anything about it

The talk will be about Fleche, but I'm pretty sure Remco is doing LBL and I have a feeling Pog is keen to meet him in a race. He has a habit of winning the races he wants to win and a win there would be high I think. Merckx never got the triple Ardennes in the one year, if he gets it before turning 25 that is crazy.

campaigners at SBS showing the La Flèche Wallonne on 2 hour delay in WA after showing Amstel Gold live. They seem to be the only channel in the world left that show a sporting event live in one timezone and on delay in the other. Thank * for the livestream

Watching on delay, to skip the ads. WTF is going on with the sound mixing? The commentators are mixed down to be softer than the background noises from the video feed. Literally being drowned out by the whine of the helicopter engine and rotors.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Watching on delay, to skip the ads. WTF is going on with the sound mixing? The commentators are mixed down to be softer than the backpack noises from the video feed. Literally being drowned out by the whine of the helicopter engine and rotors.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think it's because it's the world feed

If Pog's gonna lose one of these 3 Flèche will be it. I expect him to ride away at Liège.
The fact that the Mur is so steep makes means that anyone who attacks before it will run out of gas halfway up, which in turn means he has a lot more competitors in the final rather than the field getting whittled down like it does at LBL and Amstel.
If you're slightly off form and go 50 metres too early you'll finish 20th. So if he doesn't position himself well at the base and then goes in a panic, he's no chance

If Pog's gonna lose one of these 3 Flèche will be it. I expect him to ride away at Liège.
The fact that the Mur is so steep makes means that anyone who attacks before it will run out of gas halfway up, which in turn means he has a lot more competitors in the final rather than the field getting whittled down like it does at LBL and Amstel.
If you're slightly off form and go 50 metres too early you'll finish 20th. So if he doesn't position himself well at the base and then goes in a panic, he's no chance
Liege is still unpredictable. Not at the same level as Paris Roubaix but the monuments are the monuments for a reason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breakaway have expended an awful lot of energy to get that gap. Not enough

Barely got out of the saddle until 200 to go. I want whatever PEDs he's on

All he had to do was be in position and not go too early.

That Pogacar chap will be a decent cyclist when he grows up.
tadej_pogacar.png

Michael Woods not having a great start to the year but still finished 4th.
Last 4 editions, 4th, 6th, 4th, 3rd.
37 next time around and he's no Valverde so his time has probably passed, which is a shame as I always thought this race was the 'one' for him.

As Vollering did in the women's and Pog in the men's, there is a certain way to attack this climb and make it look easy. Core strength FTW. Rocking the bike side to side out of the saddle is inefficient and slows you down.

I think LBL goes a similar way as Flanders did. Pog and Remco racing each other with 40 km to go. Pog has to be feeling fatigued and Remco is coming straight from altitude camp. s**t night to be rostered on to work 😭.

Vollering won the women's LBL, I think it's her fifth win this season. Unbelievable athlete.
Her palmares this year:

Screenshot_20230423-205931.png

That is an unbelievable run of results, she is in a league of her own at the moment. Finished second in last years Tour de France, would have to be favourite to go one better this year.

Pog has crashed and has abandoned. No more Ardennes treble.
Let's hope he didn't break anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back