Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hugh Carthy

• Rigoberto Uran

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thibaut Peaheart riding like a headless chook at the end again. Leads out the sprint with 200m to go on an uphill finish.
Watch him blame Zanna for riding to an actual strategy.

Rog got back some time on the others but Thomas looks rock solid. Hopefully he saved some petrol tickets for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thibaut Peaheart riding like a headless chook at the end again. Leads out the sprint with 200m to go on an uphill finish.
Watch him blame Zanna for riding to an actual strategy.
Nah. Zana and him worked well together. He has an issue with guys who have legs but refuse to work.

Great win Zana. Also great work by Geraint and Primoz. Almeida showed his inexperience when he didn't follow Roglic and Kuss off the bat. Dunbar will lose time in the ITT, so probably needs to get time tomorrow too to stay ahead of Caruso

Nah. Zana and him worked well together. He has an issue with guys who have legs but refuse to work.

Great win Zana. Also great work by Geraint and Primoz. Almeida showed his inexperience when he didn't follow Roglic and Kuss off the bat. Dunbar will lose time in the ITT, so probably needs to get time tomorrow too to stay ahead of Caruso
Even today whenever they panned to the leaders it was Pinot up front the most, doing the lion's share of the work. Maybe Zana was stronger at the end but going too early and leading him out you basically hand him the win on a silver platter. 12+ years as a pro and he rides like a rookie still.

At least the GC's finally come alive. Tomorrow should, hopefully, maybe, be another corker.

Even today whenever they panned to the leaders it was Pinot up front the most, doing the lion's share of the work. Maybe Zana was stronger at the end but going too early and leading him out you basically hand him the win on a silver platter. 12+ years as a pro and he rides like a rookie still.

At least the GC's finally come alive. Tomorrow should, hopefully, maybe, be another corker.
He screwed up for sure, he should have attacked much earlier (like at the bottom of the climb) but he won't whinge is my point.

Yeah, can't see the break succeeding when both Roglic and Almeida will basically be forming an attacking alliance on Geraint. All three are very good in the ITT so they'll want a gap to work with.

KOM probably gets decided tonight. Pinot and Healy probably both try for the break, same with Bais. Pinot will probably stick to Molard's wheel and order him to follow those two if they try for the break.

Yeah, boring. Waited way too long to attack. Roglic needs to do to Thomas what Pogacar did to him. Not discounting it but seriously average riding there.

Also wonder if Roglic not getting over the top in 3rd will be costly. Those 4 bonus seconds make it only 22 seconds instead of 26.

Kuss sat on doing SFA until 2 km to go just to get dropped. On the last mountain stage where he could help Roglic. Wasn't even a skytrain where the pace was too high to attack. It would take a disaster from Thomas to lose it now, Rog isn't that a great TTist anymore.
Nice ride from Hepburn I guess.

Tour should be better with Tadej and Hindley riding, barring another COVID wave. That's what destroyed this race more than anything.

Annnnnd Roglic has a mechanical. Goodnight.

No front guard on the chain. Another strategic error from Jumbo, they've handed the Giro to Thomas on a silver platter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was I saying????

ROGLIC ******* DID IT. INCREDIBLE. HE WAS GONE.

Thomas completely blew his engine in the last 2km.

Rog just Pogged the Welsh sheepshagger.

To be honest it was either crappy or the best TV direction to not show the top 2 until they got to the finish. Kept it under wraps until the last moment

Also * off Keeno, the #1 Roglic hater of all time. You talk him down at every opportunity. Easily a top 3 rider of the past 6 years.

Roglic has caused a few issues. I don't know if LR or anyone has bought it up, but he was riding the flat section after the bike swap in the banned puppy paws position. It is on camera and was clear for the commissares to see. I'm not sure that it being in an ITT makes it ok.

Roglic has caused a few issues. I don't know if LR or anyone has bought it up, but he was riding the flat section after the bike swap in the banned puppy paws position. It is on camera and was clear for the commissares to see. I'm not sure that it being in an ITT makes it ok.

To be honest it was either crappy or the best TV direction to not show the top 2 until they got to the finish. Kept it under wraps until the last moment
All the motorbike cameras had to pull off at the bottom of the climb. It was only G & Rog (possibly Almeida) who had motorbike cameras following them up the climb. Even then, I think the camera bikes had to pull over before they reached the final 800m which was covered by the fixed cameras.

That stage was a logistical nightmare, with one very narrow way up/down. Hence the 45 min gap between the groups of riders.

The footage was strange at times. We saw Dunbar go off the starting ramp, and after that he disappeared completely into the ether. We didn't see a single second of him after that, not even crossing the finish line.

All the motorbike cameras had to pull off at the bottom of the climb. It was only G & Rog (possibly Almeida) who had motorbike cameras following them up the climb. Even then, I think the camera bikes had to pull over before they reached the final 800m which was covered by the fixed cameras.

That stage was a logistical nightmare, with one very narrow way up/down. Hence the 45 min gap between the groups of riders.

The footage was strange at times. We saw Dunbar go off the starting ramp, and after that he disappeared completely into the ether. We didn't see a single second of him after that, not even crossing the finish line.
Eddie really needs to work on his time trialing if he's looking to be a contender. Gave 5 minutes away to Rogliç over the time trials this Giro.

Back