• Ilan Van Wilder (SDQ/Bel)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • João Almeida (UAD/Por)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we call it yet?
Pog was always going to win, from the instant he announced that he was riding the race.

The big question is whether any other rider can finish within 10 minutes of him? Also, who will be the best of the human riders?

At least the points classification looks interesting, and there are an abnormally large number of flat stages in this year's race (by Giro standards).

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s kind of like watching the F1, except Pog is likeable (and doesn’t have the luxury of a better bike than everyone else).

Great ride from O’Conner to get himself back into the top 5. Two Aussies in the top 5, and two Jayco in the top 10.

Hopefully they can keep it rolling.

Mrs Post has always had a background interest in cycling and now we both watch the extended highlights of each stage (can't stay up, work).

I find it amusing she can't stand Macca's commentary.

I found it less amusing wanting to hear Macca instead of those two English twerps commenting on the time trial. God they were awful.

Mrs Post has always had a background interest in cycling and now we both watch the extended highlights of each stage (can't stay up, work).

I find it amusing she can't stand Macca's commentary.
I agree with her. Macca is soooo annoying. I'm sick of his self-deprecating crap, constantly agreeing with everyone else and claiming their ideas as his own ("I was just about to say that..."). The next original idea he has will be the first of his entire life.
I found it less amusing wanting to hear Macca instead of those two English twerps commenting on the time trial. God they were awful.
They weren't great... but Macca makes my ears bleed. He's the Brian Taylor of the SBS commentary team.

I agree with her. Macca is soooo annoying. I'm sick of his self-deprecating crap, constantly agreeing with everyone else and claiming their ideas as his own ("I was just about to say that..."). The next original idea he has will be the first of his entire life.

They weren't great... but Macca makes my ears bleed. He's the Brian Taylor of the SBS commentary team.
It's pretty funny when Gracie says something insightful, and he flaps about trying to think of something to add.

And coming up empty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very mature win from Pog. Thought he might try and put some more time in them today given how the next week looks. But still won the stage without burning any matches.

He's not BT. He's more Watson. Nice guy, okay, but not brilliant. He's not an over the top dickhead like BT

He's not BT. He's more Watson. Nice guy, okay, but not brilliant. He's not an over the top dickhead like BT
That's fair. I wasn't comparing their commentary styles, just the way that they both make my ears bleed every time they open their mouths.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scrap what I said about mature Pog conserving energy. He’s out there doing side quests as UAE’s one man lead out train now.

Another great stage. This has been as an exciting first weeks racing at a grand tour as you’ll see, even though the race winner is already basically known.

Pink jersey on lead out duties. Unbelievable. Good to see Molano get the podium so it wasn't all wasted but for a guy as good as Pog to do this shows how grounded he is and how much he values his team mates. Last years TDF Wout was critical of Vingegaard for not doing exactly this. I wonder how much of last night was an up yours to Visma.

Pink jersey on lead out duties. Unbelievable. Good to see Molano get the podium so it wasn't all wasted but for a guy as good as Pog to do this shows how grounded he is and how much he values his team mates. Last years TDF Wout was critical of Vingegaard for not doing exactly this. I wonder how much of last night was an up yours to Visma.
Makes it easy to find riders happy to burn themselves day after day for a leader when he’s willing to return the favour like that. Having said that their likely tour squad has massive potential for fireworks that not even Pog will be able to contain.

Jayco has given up on Ewan winning a stage, especially, after he was on Milan's wheel in the final of stage 9. The team will still offer full support, but unless he regains form he will likely retire.

Jacobsen was fine at Turkey. He let his teammate Lund win two of his three stages. He can top 5 in a stage if it is flat.

Back