2024 Classics

Will Wout finally get his Roubaix crown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeesh that's tough for Cortina

Everyone gets up and walks

Was an entertaining race and amazing crowds. A few got their tactics wrong though. Might only be bad luck that beats MVDP next week, which to be fair is a big chance at Roubaix.

Feels a waste any monument that at least 2 of the big 4 don’t ride at the moment, obviously these 2 impacted by Wouts crash. They’re still a class above the rest and really want to see as many battles between them at their peak while we can.

Bling being punished for an "irregular sprint". Bullshit. Obviously UAE spending their money to make sure of a podium.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's some A-grade Belgian horseshit. Pollit was clear behind Matthews in the replay.

I'll sure look forward to Phillipsen being DQ'd on every flat finish from now on

Last edited:
Flanders is such an epic race, surely it deserves a better finish line than what it has now.

The current finish line is located in the middle of nowhere. As a result, the barriers for the last 1km are unnecessary, with the crowd at the finish line consisting of 2 men and a dog (leashed). Why can't they find a better finish location, so the riders can receive the adulation they deserve at the end of an epic race?

Is this the only race of the season where the journalists outnumber the spectators at the finish?

Roubaix finishes in the stadium, which is always packed. MSR finishes in the streets of San Remo, and the crowds are 5 deep for the last kilometre. Flanders finishes in a cow paddock, with nary a soul to be seen.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Flanders is such an epic race, surely it deserves a better finish line than what it has now.

The current finish line is located in the middle of nowhere. As a result, the barriers for the last 1km are unnecessary, with the crowd at the finish line consisting of 2 men and a dog (leashed). Why can't they find a better finish location, so the riders can receive the adulation they deserve at the end of an epic race?

Is this the only race of the season where the journalists outnumber the spectators at the finish?

Roubaix finishes in the stadium, which is always packed. MSR finishes in the streets of San Remo, and the crowds are 5 deep for the last kilometre. Flanders finishes in a cow paddock, with nary a soul to be seen.

I know Roubaix is the biggest, but Flanders is still my favourite. You're right, it deserves better.

I know Roubaix is the biggest, but Flanders is still my favourite. You're right, it deserves better.
They get great crowds along the course, particularly in the cobbled climbs.

... but there's nobody at the finish line to celebrate the riders' epic achievements.

It was a miracle that Bling made the final after missing every split in the last 100kms, except for the last two climbs. it's even more surprising when you consider Bling was ordinary in the lead up races. Anyway his major goal is the Olympics and it's a matter of how he gets there in form. He should be supported by Groves and Plapp.

1 quickstep rider in the front. Shows how much Remco was carrying this rabble of a squad

1 quickstep rider in the front. Shows how much Remco was carrying this rabble of a squad
They've gutted their classics squad. Asgreen, Remco and Ala their only chances.

Back