2024 Classics

Will Wout finally get his Roubaix crown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

3 minute win as expected, impressive but boring.

Nice ride by Pithie after that heavy crash, without it he probably would've finished 4th

s**t, completely forgot about it. Lying in bed with a head like a football. Was so looking forward to it, too.
You didn't miss much, other than an obscene number of riders suffering punctures.

It was all over bar the shouting as soon as MvdP attacked, with 60km to go. Pedersen tried to go with him, but that lasted all of 20 seconds, after which they all gave up and raced for 2nd.

I know that Paris-Roubaix is hard on tyres, but I can't recall any previous race where there were so many punctures.

There weren't many big crashes, largely because Alpecin pushed so hard, so early, that there just wasn't a big peloton to get caught up in multi-rider crashes. Probably the best stack was Pithie, who lost his front wheel turning onto one of the later cobblestone sectors. He fell heavily on his left shoulder, and was fortunate not to break his collarbone or damage his bike. He was able to re-mount, and went on to finish 7th.

I wonder if MvdP was cooked or had an eye on Liege. I feel like it will be too hilly if the pace is high from the start

Watching Fleche Wallonne on SBS. The weather is terrible - sleeting on the riders.

Someone needs to instruct the female commentator how to use a microphone. It sounds like she's sitting in an echo chamber, presumably because she's too far from the mike, or it's a directional mike and she's not pointing it toward her mouth.

Brickbats also for the SBS production team, who managed to throw to an advertisement break while the riders were on the Mur du Huy (for the first time). Just plain stupid timing.

Should be an interesting finish, with no clear favourite in the field.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching Fleche Wallonne on SBS. The weather is terrible - sleeting on the riders.

Someone needs to instruct the female commentator how to use a microphone. It sounds like she's sitting in an echo chamber, presumably because she's too far from the mike, or it's a directional mike and she's not pointing it toward her mouth.

Brickbats also for the SBS production team, who managed to throw to an advertisement break while the riders were on the Mur du Huy (for the first time). Just plain stupid timing.

Should be an interesting finish, with no clear favourite in the field.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think Healy is probably favourite of the front group.

Nice win from Williams, clearly one of the strongest going into that chase group but smart enough to save petrol tickets and let the peloton catch G2 when it was clear Andersen would be caught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do we think wins Liege? Tadej the favourite but the form and composure from Williams last night might come into it.
Tadej, probably by 3-4 minutes.

Depending on the weather, Hirschi & Pidcock probably the next best... but count them out if it's cold & rainy (like it was last night). Those conditions could bring the likes of Carapaz and Williams into contention.

Tadej, probably by 3-4 minutes.

Depending on the weather, Hirschi & Pidcock probably the next best... but count them out if it's cold & rainy (like it was last night). Those conditions could bring the likes of Carapaz and Williams into contention.
Top of 9 in Liege and top of 6 in Bastogne so looks bad for that group.

I think it was more the rain than the cold that knocked them about. What's the rain forecast for Sunday in the Ardennes?
Wet

You'd think the teams espec UAE will be a bit smarter about putting jackets on when the weather rolls in on Sunday.

Pog should win if his form is like it was in Catalonia and he'll be extra motivated after the crash last year, but his entire team DNF'd at Flèche because they forgot to dress for the conditions.

That's a shame. A bit naff for UAE to push after the crash, but its not a stage race.

Just makes it easier for Pog

That's a shame. A bit naff for UAE to push after the crash, but its not a stage race.

Just makes it easier for Pog
They've always been grubby like that.

Back