List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
I see 'it', but he hasn't shown 'it' on a consistent basis for a fair while now. His first season in 2019 was easily his best.

We don't have many players that have a combination of good kicking, speed, dynamic movement and toughness which Stack definitely has. He is very capable of doing things that many on our list can't. The raw talent is there in spades, it's just a question as to whether or not he has the commitment to get the best out of himself on and off the field.

VFL Showreel, R4: Sydney Stack highlights

I think he’d be better suited returning to his home state and joining one of the WA teams but if he was willing to fight for his career at North Melbourne then I would recruit him in a heartbeat

I think he’d be better suited returning to his home state and joining one of the WA teams but if he was willing to fight for his career at North Melbourne then I would recruit him in a heartbeat
No one, in the history of the world, has ever been "better suited" returning to WA.

Our four rookies should be project players IMO as I cannot see us having much success in 2023, but if we uncover a few bolters, or even one, the rookie draft has worked for a club with our list.

Go young.

Our four rookies should be project players IMO as I cannot see us having much success in 2023, but if we uncover a few bolters, or even one, the rookie draft has worked for a club with our list.

Go young.

I'm ok with a mix, an absolute drifter at number 1 but we probably won't go young primarily because part of asking for the extra two spots was to bring in mature bodies.

I'm ok with a mix, an absolute drifter at number 1 but we probably won't go young primarily because part of asking for the extra two spots was to bring in mature bodies.
I’d be disappointed using all 4 rookie picks on recycled duds

I’d be disappointed using all 4 rookie picks on recycled duds

I'd be happy using pick 1 on a kid, draft 2 mature age/recycled players and then holding a pick for the MSD.

That’s fair enough mate. His output over the last two years at VFL level suggests I’m probably overrating him a fair bit.

I still do think he has a heap potential but extracting that will be the key (if he ever gets a shot at AFL again).
He's definitely got some tricks, but wonder if he is an Urquhart as opposed to stengle. If we picked him up I wouldn't be angry about it, just think he probably gets more of a positive wrap than he deserves. He's the right age profile and got some versatility in his favour as well

Go young.

I thought we have already used those picks on those two blokes from West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we have already used those picks on those two blokes from West Coast

Those were the leg up picks at linked to our picks in the second and third rounds next year - the two extra rookie list spots were in addition to.

Those were the leg up picks at linked to our picks in the second and third rounds next year - the two extra rookie list spots were in addition to.
So we have to draft older blokes with the two extra rookie picks.

Given our luck I am not confident that any player, young or old, we pick with our rookie picks will make it but I think it somewhat odd that the league has forced two mature picks. Surely they should let the club make a call.

On a more optimistic note got my membership sorted today. They had the wrong expiry date on the credit card.

Season 6 GIF by ABC Network

Remove this Banner Ad

Back