List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
Ben Ronke = I made it clear that we were starting in G

Has really disappeared over the last 2 years. Nit sure what's happened to him but if he gets back to rookie year form then he'd be pushing for a best 22 spot.
Or at least pushing mahony out of one.

He was absolutely pushing for a best 23 spot, especially the second half of the year.

He's a better goal kicking forward option, than Mahony.

Ben Ronke = The Tonk Woman

Ben Ronke = The Simpson and his

Ben Ronke = The Stan K

I don't see it with Stack. Good 1st year in the best side in the comp, but few years in the system and the whips are cracking and he can't get a kick. Pass.

I see 'it', but he hasn't shown 'it' on a consistent basis for a fair while now. His first season in 2019 was easily his best.

We don't have many players that have a combination of good kicking, speed, dynamic movement and toughness which Stack definitely has. He is very capable of doing things that many on our list can't. The raw talent is there in spades, it's just a question as to whether or not he has the commitment to get the best out of himself on and off the field.

VFL Showreel, R4: Sydney Stack highlights

I see 'it', but he hasn't shown 'it' on a consistent basis for a fair while now. His first season in 2019 was easily his best.

We don't have many players that have a combination of good kicking, speed, dynamic movement and toughness which Stack definitely has. He is very capable of doing things that many on our list can't. The raw talent is there in spades, it's just a question as to whether or not he has the commitment to get the best out of himself on and off the field.

I suppose if he had the commitment the Tigers would not have delisted him i would have thought or am i missing something maybe.

He’s a kid who’s got all the talent in the world that suffered with the strict afl covid requirements.

Of course he has some maturing to do but Get him in. As you said he has a skill set we simply don’t have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose if he had the commitment the Tigers would not have delisted him i would have thought or am i missing something maybe.
I think that is the main reason as to why he got delisted. I didn't watch much Richmond VFL this year so can't really comment on what his VFL form was like. Was more just making comment as to him having bucket loads of potential.

I think that is the main reason as to why he got delisted. I didn't watch much Richmond VFL this year so can't really comment on what his VFL form was like. Was more just making comment as to him having bucket loads of potential.
I honestly don't think he has bucket loads. He was a serviceable 1st year player whose stock rose in a great side and because of his back story with clubs refusing to take a chance on him. Fast forward 3 years and he is an average vfl footballer. Overrated. He will probably get picked up and then delisted again in a year or two IMO

He’s a kid who’s got all the talent in the world that suffered with the strict afl covid requirements.

Of course he has some maturing to do but Get him in. As you said he has a skill set we simply don’t have
I
i would take the punt on him 100% in a heartbeat & Offer him a 1 year low ball $$ contract with a potential 2nd year higher $$ incentive.
We get a super gifted player with huge upside & with a point to prove .
I can’t see why we wouldn’t do it ,
Whilst we are prepared to carry Mahoney , Lazzaro , spicer , Ford & even Jack Z in that position for another season .
It’s a Low risk huge reward scenario for us .

I don’t think we can afford to not trial Stack and Ronke. Both would cost very little and have high reward. They also cover a position that we have no depth in. This should be the benefit of having a strong coach - that he can pull players like this in line and avoid having them disrupt the rest of the group if it doesn’t work out.

I don’t think we can afford to not trial Stack and Ronke. Both would cost very little and have high reward. They also cover a position that we have no depth in. This should be the benefit of having a strong coach - that he can pull players like this in line and avoid having them disrupt the rest of the group if it doesn’t work out.

I'll leave it to the coaches, but it would be very interesting that's for sure.

We do have young Harvey and Sheezel coming in.

I honestly don't think he has bucket loads. He was a serviceable 1st year player whose stock rose in a great side and because of his back story with clubs refusing to take a chance on him. Fast forward 3 years and he is an average vfl footballer. Overrated. He will probably get picked up and then delisted again in a year or two IMO

That’s fair enough mate. His output over the last two years at VFL level suggests I’m probably overrating him a fair bit.

I still do think he has a heap potential but extracting that will be the key (if he ever gets a shot at AFL again).

I don't think there are many, if any, delisted players worth picking up this year. I'd like Jed, but don't think that's happening. If only a team could delist a Trent Dumont type, maybe Liam Shiels is the closest thing to him. And it seems we'll list Turner. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't use the two extra spots just yet. Maybe pick up one in the SSP after having a few train over summer and leave a spot free for mid-season.

Hopefully Ethan Phillips gets through to the rookie draft. If not, would we consider rookie listing Marty Hore as a back-up defender? Also, Marrtin Frederick from Port looked okay but a bit less polished than his brother but haven't heard him linked to anyone.

Sydney Stack = The pancake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back