2022/23 Farmers Ligue 1 (+Mbappe) / French football thread - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

What a comeback against Marseille! 2 goals in 2 minutes for a draw.

DEVO did you see the game? I was away for the long weekend, spewing I missed it!
No, I forgot it was on. In the end I think I was happy to miss it, having a player sent off early and then conceding 2 goals in the last few minutes, it was just another disappointing result after the thrashing by PSG. :(

We are close, but we are a little too inconsistent to be a chance, especially at home. We have lost 4 of 14 at home, which is just a terrible record if you want to be a chance to win the league. :(

We are close, but we are a little too inconsistent to be a chance, especially at home. We have lost 4 of 14 at home, which is just a terrible record if you want to be a chance to win the league. :(
Will need PSG to implode for it to happen.

Could be on the cards. Neymar has had his annual March vacation. Messi doesn't seem to want to hang around despite PSG being an ideal place for him to play one more European season before heading off to MLS / Argentina. Mbappe constant talk about not being happy. Out of the CL which means negativity surrounding the team. Qatar are trying to get their hands on Utd which would mean less spent on PSG.

Will need PSG to implode for it to happen.

Could be on the cards. Neymar has had his annual March vacation. Messi doesn't seem to want to hang around despite PSG being an ideal place for him to play one more European season before heading off to MLS / Argentina. Mbappe constant talk about not being happy. Out of the CL which means negativity surrounding the team. Qatar are trying to get their hands on Utd which would mean less spent on PSG.
Oh, how I'd love to see PSG implode, and implode further next season finishing with relegation to the 2nd Tier :D, but I can't see either scenario happening, even with the soap opera happening behind the scenes. It's nice to dream thou.

All the best for Strasbourg for the remainder of the season, their recent results suggest they are playing well, but Auxerre also look to like they are getting some positive results and so it's still fairly tight down near the relegation zone.

Oh, how I'd love to see PSG implode, and implode further next season finishing with relegation to the 2nd Tier :D, but I can't see either scenario happening, even with the soap opera happening behind the scenes. It's nice to dream thou.

All the best for Strasbourg for the remainder of the season, their recent results suggest they are playing well, but Auxerre also look to like they are getting some positive results and so it's still fairly tight down near the relegation zone.

What are your thoughts on reducing the league to 18 teams? This is just a few years after the League Cup was scratched (we won the last League Cup :D:D)

Personally I think a 34 game season is better for the players. Seems to work well in Bundesliga.

It doesn't really worry me either way to be honest with you, although it would be nice if all the major leagues, including Scotland, had the same number of teams in their Premier League. 18 sounds like a good number, but I can't see England reducing their league to 18 teams and I'm not sure Spain and Italy would either.

It doesn't really worry me either way to be honest with you, although it would be nice if all the major leagues, including Scotland, had the same number of teams in their Premier League. 18 sounds like a good number, but I can't see England reducing their league to 18 teams and I'm not sure Spain and Italy would either.

Just annoying if we get pulled into a relegation battle with 4 teams going down!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reims win again, think they're a chance to finish top 3 come end of the season albeit they'd probably have to go unbeaten rest of the season.

What a story.

I remember when Auxerre won the title in 95/96 - a city with a population of 40k. Guy Roux was the legendary manager who managed for 44 years between 1961 to 2005.

Those were the good old days when Ligue 1 wasn't tainted by oil money at PSG.

Reims win again, think they're a chance to finish top 3 come end of the season albeit they'd probably have to go unbeaten rest of the season.
Too far behind to make the top 3, but Europe isn't out of the question.

1680568793100.png

What a story.

I remember when Auxerre won the title in 95/96 - a city with a population of 40k. Guy Roux was the legendary manager who managed for 44 years between 1961 to 2005.

Those were the good old days when Ligue 1 wasn't tainted by oil money at PSG.
7 different winners in 7 years (although Marseille were later stripped of a title). That was the period when RC Lens won their only Ligue 1 title too.

7 different winners in 7 years (although Marseille were later stripped of a title). That was the period when RC Lens won their only Ligue 1 title too.

44 years with one manager is just insane, especially at the elite level. This was at a small club that was not bestowed with great resources as well. We will never see the likes of a Guy Roux ever again.

Would probably need 8 wins and a draw to claim a top 4 spot with other results going their way. Possible, but unlikely. Still, a great story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back