2023/24 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

It's selfish to book a floor of a pub to watch your team play with your fellow supporters?

For final day of the season to the exclusion of all other games, yeah it is. It's the definition. Especially if as Barry says they knew they weren't going to be successful. I'm not even annoyed for City, Ipswich and Sheff Weds supporters were booted out for them as well. Pretty poor. It's more on the venue for allowing it in the first place to be honest, you shouldn't be able to book out a public space like that on final day when there's 12 simultaneous games.

It's selfish to book a floor of a pub to watch your team play with your fellow supporters?
I once went to a bar where they wouldn’t let you into the back beer garden area.
Apparently someone had booked the area for an engagement party. Was so selfish of them. Didn’t they know other people also wanted to have a drink there??

I once went to a bar where they wouldn’t let you into the back beer garden area.
Apparently someone had booked the area for an engagement party. Was so selfish of them. Didn’t they know other people also wanted to have a drink there??

What a clear and accurate comparison, you're a genius.

A better comparison would be people booking an area for an engagement party and then not letting you sat in the main room of the bar from watching the footy over a beer nowhere near them or the area they'd booked.

For final day of the season to the exclusion of all other games, yeah it is. It's the definition. Especially if as Barry says they knew they weren't going to be successful. I'm not even annoyed for City, Ipswich and Sheff Weds supporters were booted out for them as well. Pretty poor. It's more on the venue for allowing it in the first place to be honest, you shouldn't be able to book out a public space like that on final day when there's 12 simultaneous games.
What a rant of sheer rubbish. Not taking the Hull choke well at all.

What a rant of sheer rubbish. Not taking the Hull choke well at all.

What on earth are you on about? I got a table at a pub and had our game and the WBA game up. It has nothing to do with us.

You've just said yourself Leeds knew they were no chance so your whole point is ridiculous.

Might want to look up the definition of a choke if you think a side chasing 6th with a slim chance was a choke, unlike a side that was 2nd two game weeks ago and won 13 of 15.

What on earth are you on about? I got a table at a pub and had our game and the WBA game up. It has nothing to do with us.

You've just said yourself Leeds knew they were no chance so your whole point is ridiculous.

Might want to look up the definition of a choke if you think a side chasing 6th with a slim chance was a choke, unlike a side that was 2nd two game weeks ago and won 13 of 15.
A bunch of blokes hire a room to watch their team. .. big s**t! Goodness gracious

A bunch of blokes hire a room to watch their team. .. big s**t! Goodness gracious

You've completely missed the point unsurprisingly. They hired one area but prevented any other games being shown in other areas, to the point that all other Championship fans were forced to go to other pubs. No idea why the venue allowed it.

Bolton Wanderers almost stuff it up, but after winning the first leg away at Barnsley 3-1, we hang on after a 3-2 home loss to make the Wembley Play Off final.
Cruising at 2-1 up at home (putting us 5-2 up on aggregate), we conceded 2 second half goals to scrape through 5-4.
Anyway we are there and will play either Peterborough or Oxford for a spot in the Championship.

1715145978006.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've completely missed the point unsurprisingly. They hired one area but prevented any other games being shown in other areas, to the point that all other Championship fans were forced to go to other pubs. No idea why the venue allowed it.

Did the Leeds fans hide all of the remotes for the other TVs?

Did the Leeds fans hide all of the remotes for the other TVs?

When was the last time you were at a pub? You think patrons change the channels themselves? What an odd comment.

Couldn’t the staff of the pub just change the channels if they wanted to? I’m struggling to see how this is a Leeds supporter issue.

Did you miss the last sentence of the post you quoted to make your glib comment?

Promoted thanks to a penalty shootout win against Solihull Moors

Taking a quick look at Bromley's history, they were formed in 1892 and played in various amateur leagues around London primarily the Isthmain League (which is now in the 7th and 8th tier of the English football pyramid) but also played in the Spartan League (now the Spartan South Midland League, tier 9) and Athenian League (no longer exists).

They play at Hayes Lane (capacity 5,150) and are known as the Ravens or Lilywhites.

In 1998/99 they were playing in the Isthmain Division One (tier 8) and won promotion to the Premier Division after beating Horsham 3-1 in playoff final.
In 2005/06 the defeat AFC Wimbledon 1-0 in a play-off Semi-Final before defeating Billericay Town on penalties to win promotion to the National Conference South (tier 6).
In 2014-15 they were crowned champions of the National Conference South and Promoted to the National Conference.

Congrats to Bromley and I hope they have a successful first season in the EFL. But not too successful, I want to Carlisle to win the league next season. :)

Last edited:
1715254207958.png

We’ve got Oxford who squeaked past Peterborough 2-1 on aggregate.
Now it’s Wembley on May 18 for a place in the Championship.
Last time we played them around a month ago we won 5-0, but that means nothing now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back