Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t look his normal dashing exciting self yesterday.
Looked a little on the unfit side at times as he didn’t have his burst of pace. Smallish ground didn’t help him but I’m sure he’ll work his way into form.

I reckon Yze stays the plan for atleast half the year, have a look at everyone in their positions he trained them for over pre season but man I hope, once he has a better idea of what he has at his disposal that he plays Dan on a wing or in the guts. Dan and Shai could be untouchable.

It would also help define the roles of TT and Hopper, see ball, get ball and dish off or block the oppo and take the punishment.

I reckon Yze stays the plan for atleast half the year, have a look at everyone in their positions he trained them for over pre season but man I hope, once he has a better idea of what he has at his disposal that he plays Dan on a wing or in the guts. Dan and Shai could be untouchable.

It would also help define the roles of TT and Hopper, see ball, get ball and dish off or block the oppo and take the punishment.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

mila kunis agree GIF

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

oh sorry wrong gif.

He was enormous yesterday that chase down tackle in the 4th quarter saved a goal & possibily the match.
That was the best he has moved for a while he had a lot of niggles clearly last year and looked at times sore early this year.

Interesting change in role today. Played more as a high half forward but due to our inability to play the game in our forward half found most of the ball in the backline.

Glad we are experimenting as we have plenty of rebounding defenders that could be good players and players with Riolis touch and skill should be utilised in the forward half off the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel had a tour of the Gold Coast which was well publicised and I thought it was strange.

Then I discovered Richmond had a red hot go at getting Jamarra Ugle Hagan from the Bulldogs.

Whoever made that decision at Richmond even if its the coach himself needs to be sacked and an apology given to Daniel and the Richmond supporters.

The club has become a Turkish brothel.

/

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/2693/jamarra-ugle-hagan

about ****ing time they moved him off HBF. Didn't do much good though, lol.

Whoever out of Short, Baker & Rioli we are going to trade at the end of the year should play the rest of the year at HBF to bump up their trade value. Any half talented HBF should rack up 30 every week in our current team

Daniel had a tour of the Gold Coast which was well publicised and I thought it was strange.

Then I discovered Richmond had a red hot go at getting Jamarra Ugle Hagan from the Bulldogs.

Whoever made that decision at Richmond even if its the coach himself needs to be sacked and an apology given to Daniel and the Richmond supporters.

The club has become a Turkish brothel.

/

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/2693/jamarra-ugle-hagan

Mate he wants to leave. Not sure if you have read the news, but the current Gold Coast team is the 2017 Richmond Premiership team reunion.

If he is doing a tour, its because he wants to. Why would we be asking him to? With Dustin, Prestia, Grimes all out of contract we certainly are in no risk of not having cap space

If he does want to go to Gold Coast I'd take a straight swap for Lukosius as a win/ win for all parties. HBF easily replaced and Lukosius up forward means Balta can go down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back