Daniel Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate but Bolton, Balta, Baker, Rioli, Taranto, Gibcus, Brown and Hopper are no where freaking near a strong enough core to win premierships like we were in 2016. Unfortunately for Baker, Bolton, Balta, they will not win a flag with us until they are past their peak years.
No but building a footy team takes more than throwing 18 draftees together , that’d be how a halfwit would approach it. A foundation of decent players to shoulder the load is required for young players to develop when they come into the system

One of the important players we want to lose is Rioli. How would you feel if you were a senior player and players like Rioli, one of our best players left. Baker I can live with because he is a WA boy and not as good as Rioli. Team moral is vital right now, shouldn't even be under discussion, after all, it's rd.6 not 16.
If rioli left I wonder where that would leave Bolton . My gut tells me that dans connection with bruz is much stronger than what the GC can promise

Why or how does Gold Coast have such a strong draft capital again this year?
We have our own pick, the Dogs first rounder ( traded pick 4 to them last year) and Norths AFL gifted end of first round pick ( traded for pick 18 last year). It was good work by our recruitment team as giving up pick 4 allowed us to get points for our academy players and secure a strong hand in this years draft

if i was getting 2 first rounders each for both dan and bakes i would spread it over 2 years so we could possibly have 3 first rounders in each of those 2 years and that could set us up for future getting quality into the club

if i was getting 2 first rounders each for both dan and bakes i would spread it over 2 years so we could possibly have 3 first rounders in each of those 2 years and that could set us up for future getting quality into the club
Or get them now and get games into most of them so we are 1 year ahead of the Tasmania juggernaut of pick laden team

Or get them now and get games into most of them so we are 1 year ahead of the Tasmania juggernaut of pick laden team
Depends on the quality of each draft and the mix between talls and mids

Either way we could do with at least two quality key position players and this draft seems to be more midfield focused from my limited knowledge

No point loading up this year if it doesn’t really have the types of players we need if we are already relatively healthy for picks this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the quality of each draft and the mix between talls and mids

Either way we could do with at least two quality key position players and this draft seems to be more midfield focused from my limited knowledge

No point loading up this year if it doesn’t really have the types of players we need if we are already relatively healthy for picks this year
I suppose it comes down to what player types we need. Thoughts?

For mine whilst some lines are stronger than others, we do need a spread of selections across all lines.

Losing Rioli and Baker for draft picks would be to reverse the trade of getting Taranto and Hopper.

Since Rioli and Baker are a better duo than Taranto and Hopper, i would be wanting higher draft picks than we gave GWS.
I'm still saying its the worst trade we could've had, Id be really pissed if we lost Rioli and Balker only to have TT and Hopper stay in the team. I would be hard-pressed to watch a game if this ended up being the case UNless we got some good high end draft pics.

Can't lose Baker and Rioli.

I have been told he isn't wanting to leave Tigerland anyway and this is a reach of a story. He wants to be a one club player and loves the club.

He is dynamic and has the skill set needed for modern footy, he's an age we require to get our list back up. Taranto, Hopper and Rioli types bolster our list so we don't do a North. Take years to rise. Before our injury curse we were on track, competitive every week and blooding kids this year. Get rid of the butcher and we will be rocking next season.

Liam Baker is more going than staying at this point. Offer of 5 year deal at a staggering $4m and change, for him, can't turn it down. Unless we come to the party which might not make Salary cap sense for us.

Hearing we are doing a deep dive into the Freo list to see if any potential trades for players but we will be targeting first round pick early one and something else for Baker ( First and a future second or player). Very sad to lose him but it is what it is. All the noise is it will be Fremantle.

Can't lose Baker and Rioli.

I have been told he isn't wanting to leave Tigerland anyway and this is a reach of a story. He wants to be a one club player and loves the club.

He is dynamic and has the skill set needed for modern footy, he's an age we require to get our list back up. Taranto, Hopper and Rioli types bolster our list so we don't do a North. Take years to rise. Before our injury curse we were on track, competitive every week and blooding kids this year. Get rid of the butcher and we will be rocking next season.

Liam Baker is more going than staying at this point. Offer of 5 year deal at a staggering $4m and change, for him, can't turn it down. Unless we come to the party which might not make Salary cap sense for us.

Hearing we are doing a deep dive into the Freo list to see if any potential trades for players but we will be targeting first round pick early one and something else for Baker ( First and a future second or player). Very sad to lose him but it is what it is. All the noise is it will be Fremantle.

We have Bakes now and we are crap and ultimately he isn't going to swing the dial to change that. Wrapped it's Freo as no threat of PSD.

We have Bakes now and we are crap and ultimately he isn't going to swing the dial to change that. Wrapped it's Freo as no threat of PSD.

Maybe, maybe not. We aren't "crap" now, we were bloody competitive against good sides, we just have run out of experienced players in key positions.

Baker is a spark player, important around the club. He will be a massive miss and could help turn that dial. But, it's modern footy now, we have a salary cap and if his home club want him and are willing to pay him overs, we need to get what is best for us.

I like Hayden Young. But he has a long term contract and is a gun at 23 years old. I would be asking that question first. But a First and something else is I think what we can expect.

Maybe, maybe not. We aren't "crap" now, we were bloody competitive against good sides, we just have run out of experienced players in key positions.

Baker is a spark player, important around the club. He will be a massive miss and could help turn that dial. But, it's modern footy now, we have a salary cap and if his home club want him and are willing to pay him overs, we need to get what is best for us.

I like Hayden Young. But he has a long term contract and is a gun at 23 years old. I would be asking that question first. But a First and something else is I think what we can expect.

Hayden Young has Richmond written all over him, he is a terrific player. You would shift haven and earth to get him if it was in any way possible but Freo are not agreeing to that of course unless they have a gun held to their head by the player.

Brennan Cox could be one of interest, sort of B grade key position player. Or Heath Chapman, young 193cm mobile defender who has had some injury worries. Treacy, very young KPP still 21yo and showing some good signs. Some of those types are probably useful players worth somewhere between a second round pick and Baker's value.

Sorry mate but Bolton, Balta, Baker, Rioli, Taranto, Gibcus, Brown and Hopper are no where freaking near a strong enough core to win premierships like we were in 2016. Unfortunately for Baker, Bolton, Balta, they will not win a flag with us until they are past their peak years.

They are a great core to build the young kids coming through. Premiership will be after their influence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I suppose it comes down to what player types we need. Thoughts?

For mine whilst some lines are stronger than others, we do need a spread of selections across all lines.
We all get excited about midfielders but its probably our healthiest line for the short to medium term so for line I would be only going after maybe 1 elite inside and 1 elite outside mid/hybrid

Key position players are the most important (mainly forward) and also maybe another medium defender like Broads size
Not a flanker but proper defender

They are the biggest prioritys but elite talent no matter the position is never a bad thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back