Daniel Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Fwiw I think he coached terribly in ‘23 you can talk all you like about relationships but he legit had his head up his clacker. Zero foresight in terms of shaping a new side , one debutant in 10w , couldnt score . I can’t believe this year he’s debuting a new player just about every week which underlines my first point , he had his head up his clacker last year
Wonder if the suns are forcing him to play new players on a regular basis.

Fwiw I think he coached terribly in ‘23 you can talk all you like about relationships but he legit had his head up his clacker. Zero foresight in terms of shaping a new side , one debutant in 10w , couldnt score . I can’t believe this year he’s debuting a new player just about every week which underlines my first point , he had his head up his clacker last year

He may or may not have erred not changing the team more but I am struggling to see what that has to do with his extra-marital affair.

Who were the young players he should have been playing more last year?

He may or may not have erred not changing the team more but I am struggling to see what that has to do with his extra-marital affair.

Umm I don’t directly relate it to his affair However my mrs who knows as much about AFL as I do of Lithuanian politics reckons coaching was furthest thing from his mind with his new GF at forefront and it was telling in his decision making ,,,convince me otherwise

Umm I don’t directly relate it to his affair However my mrs who knows as much about AFL as I do of Lithuanian politics reckons coaching was furthest thing from his mind with his new GF at forefront and it was telling in his decision making ,,,convince me otherwise

We won the flag in 2020 and he coached brilliantly.

Case closed.

I was referring to 23 tho you could prob point to facets in the game 21-23

Well 2021 he is coaching the reigning b2b premiers, he is not going to be trying to build a team for the future at that point, that would be ludicrous. The team was in the picture until Dusty got injured with about 6 games remaining.

2022 we made finals and were probably the 4th-5th best performed team in it despite his best and highest paid player basically being totally ineffective and missing the pre-season and most of the season. And a load of young players played plenty of games including a heap of them playing their first final.

And 2023 he coached 10 games then stood aside. There were barely any young players who could sensibly be given games, especially early season.

So I am stuffed if I can see what he did wrong.

What do people think of Baker for Josh Treacy and pick 27?

I would have said straight swap for Jye Amiss but that ain't gunna happen lol
Would snap take this
Treacy is really good

He’s just stuck in a s**t stain of a footy club that move the ball forward at a snails pace

But he’s contracted for another 3 years

Suns want Dan Rioli ?
Sure they can have him

Picks #9 + #11 + #20
Rioli +#43 + #48 + #59
Can see why Fardwick would want him, they haveno one of his quality out of defence.

Hands off Dan you campaigners ..............youse can have Short for some picks though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I’ve known Dan for 10 years. He lived with me for two or three, so it would be weird if I didn’t catch up with him when he was up here on holidays,” Hardwick said.

“So yeah we caught up and had a beer together, it was his birthday. He’s contracted to Richmond for life I reckon, so it was pretty innocent from our point of view.”
Gullible

Well 2021 he is coaching the reigning b2b premiers, he is not going to be trying to build a team for the future at that point, that would be ludicrous. The team was in the picture until Dusty got injured with about 6 games remaining.

2022 we made finals and were probably the 4th-5th best performed team in it despite his best and highest paid player basically being totally ineffective and missing the pre-season and most of the season. And a load of young players played plenty of games including a heap of them playing their first final.

And 2023 he coached 10 games then stood aside. There were barely any young players who could sensibly be given games, especially early season.

So I am stuffed if I can see what he did wrong.
Not only did DH cheat on his wife he cheated on the RFC and when he realised his goose was cooked he left the titanic. The guy is a Himself Sexual and a born again traitor.

Last edited:
Not on did DH cheat on his wife he cheated on the RFC and when he realised his goose was cooked he left the titanic. The guy is a Himself Sexual and a born again traitor.

Jeez how lucky were we to get 3 flags under his tutelage after he turned traitor on Essendon, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn.

I'm still saying its the worst trade we could've had, Id be really pissed if we lost Rioli and Balker only to have TT and Hopper stay in the team. I would be hard-pressed to watch a game if this ended up being the case UNless we got some good high end draft pics.

We didn’t have TT and Hopper against the worst team of the last 2-years and lost clearances by 23 and contested possession by 38. That’d be fun to watch the next few years.

Check the draft of 2022 and 2023 and tell
me the range of mids we could’ve drafted who’d be really setting up our future? I’m pretty happy with TT, Hopper and McAuliffe who we got despite not having a first round pick.

Of course we could’ve held every pick and tried to draft some mids with those picks … I mean that’s what North has done with their midfield, except they’ve used about 10 x top-10 picks over the last 6-years to build their midfield.

Hmmmmmm…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry mate but Bolton, Balta, Baker, Rioli, Taranto, Gibcus, Brown and Hopper are no where freaking near a strong enough core to win premierships like we were in 2016. Unfortunately for Baker, Bolton, Balta, they will not win a flag with us until they are past their peak years.

Post-2016 we had a ‘core 3’. Jack, Rance and Martin were our only genuine stars. Cotch was a ‘kick chaser’ and not having any impact, remember?

You may not realise, but hardly any of the other players who were absolute stars in our dynasty had really established themselves prior to 2017. We think that we had a ‘core’ team of stars ready to explode, but that was only in hindsight… going into R1, 2017:

Astbury; due to injury had played only 60 games in the prior 7-years from 2010-2016.

Grimes: had played 79 games from 2010-2016.

Edwards: a flighty player. Wasn’t top-10 in 2015 or 2016 B&F. Had a really poor 3 x finals games.

Houli: a ‘soft’ flanker who was never going to be hard enough for a flag … remember?

Grigg: see above.

Vlastuin: still young with just 80 games under his belt.

Prestia: an injury prone mid who’d just arrived.

Nank: a third choice ruck from the Swans

Caddy: an inconsistent Cats reject.

Lambert: had played just 28 fairly average games averaging 15 touches and half a goal.

D Rioli: was his second season.

Bolton: was his debut season and played 6 games in 2017 and 3 games in 2018.

Balta: hasn’t been drafted yet.

Baker: made his debut in 2018 when he played just 3 games.

Pickett: wasn’t at the club.

Lynch: wasn’t at the club

Broad : had just been drafted as a mature aged draftee and made his debut in 2017.

Short: had 16 games under his belt.

And there’s more …. so don’t worry, end of 2016 we had nothing even remotely resembling a ‘core’ of a team to win flags. Of course it turned out we did…. but we only learnt that after the fact … and after all those players had an amazing period from 2017-2020. But other than Rance, Jack and Martin, they weren’t anything to get excited about end of 2016. Not in the slightest.

What’s everyone melting about? He’s contracted. If he wants to go we do a deal that suits us.

I don’t have an issue with the suns having a crack at our players. What I would have an issue with is if the club rolled over like a golden retriever, let them pat the belly while stealing our players for unders.

Club needs to be ruthless, it’s the one time in a rebuild phase when you can be

We didn’t have TT and Hopper against the worst team of the last 2-years and lost clearances by 23 and contested possession by 38. That’d be fun to watch the next few years.

me the range of mids we could’ve drafted who’d be really setting up our future? I’m pretty happy with TT, Hopper and McAuliffe who we got despite not having a first round pick.

Of course we could’ve held every pick and tried to draft some mids with those picks … I mean that’s what North has done with their midfield, except they’ve used about 10 x top-10 picks over the last 6-years to build their midfield.

Hmmmmmm…..

take a lot more than draft pics to be successful, See many other teams before hand.

Hmmmmmm…..

I have no idea what kids might have been available with one of the TT or JH picks. But bringing both of them in pushed Prestia, Cotch forward, kept Graham forward, Bolton fwd, Ross on a wing. Dusty back in the team too relegated Sonsie to VFL. Dow to depth.

Overloaded with mids who we played up fwd not real sucessfully.

Bring in McAuliffe when Cotch retired was good, staggered. A KPF type might have been handy a couple of drafts back.

Post-2016 we had a ‘core 3’. Jack, Rance and Martin were our only genuine stars. Cotch was a ‘kick chaser’ and not having any impact, remember?

You may not realise, but hardly any of the other players who were absolute stars in our dynasty had really established themselves prior to 2017. We think that we had a ‘core’ team of stars ready to explode, but that was only in hindsight… going into R1, 2017:

Astbury; due to injury had played only 60 games in the prior 7-years from 2010-2016.

Grimes: had played 79 games from 2010-2016.

Edwards: a flighty player. Wasn’t top-10 in 2015 or 2016 B&F. Had a really poor 3 x finals games.

Houli: a ‘soft’ flanker who was never going to be hard enough for a flag … remember?

Grigg: see above.

Vlastuin: still young with just 80 games under his belt.

Prestia: an injury prone mid who’d just arrived.

Nank: a third choice ruck from the Swans

Caddy: an inconsistent Cats reject.

Lambert: had played just 28 fairly average games averaging 15 touches and half a goal.

D Rioli: was his second season.

Bolton: was his debut season and played 6 games in 2017 and 3 games in 2018.

Balta: hasn’t been drafted yet.

Baker: made his debut in 2018 when he played just 3 games.

Pickett: wasn’t at the club.

Lynch: wasn’t at the club

Broad : had just been drafted as a mature aged draftee and made his debut in 2017.

Short: had 16 games under his belt.

And there’s more …. so don’t worry, end of 2016 we had nothing even remotely resembling a ‘core’ of a team to win flags. Of course it turned out we did…. but we only learnt that after the fact … and after all those players had an amazing period from 2017-2020. But other than Rance, Jack and Martin, they weren’t anything to get excited about end of 2016. Not in the slightest.

If you cannot see that our list is that far off our 2016 side you are deluded. Cotchin had won a Brownlow already, Jack multiple Coleman’s and all of the players mentioned had much more form that they had shown. We also had Deledio on the list coming off one of his best seasons and the impression was we were upgrading with Prestia. We don’t have 5 players anywhere near the talent of those on our list right now. Maybe Taranto and Balta get a look in but I am not convinced. I am keeping Vlastuin constant which is big because he will start declining next year too.

Where did Bojangles17 refer to the extramarital affair he had his head up his arse and coaching for him not the club and don’t get me started on he lost the assistants that made him a premiership coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back