Remove this Banner Ad

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
In: Didak, Thomas, Shaw
Out: Sinclair, Buckley, Ugle

I'd be tempted to give Dawes a run in the twos - it is clear he has NO confidence - but I think we would do that when we get back a Tarrant or a Reid.

Re: Changes for Western Bulldogs

IN: Didak, Thomas, Shaw
OUT: Sinclair, Buckley, Seedsman

Ugle looked ok as the sub, i think we should give him a start.

How far are Taz & Reid off?

In: Thomas Didak Shaw
Out: Sinclair, Buckley, Seedsman

Give Ugle a start and play Didak as the SUB
Very unlucky Buckley, played a decent game today

the Sinclair hate is amazing. The kid was great today, just didnt finish off his good work. He will turn it around.
He wont be getting dropped

His errors costed the team too much, sorry.

the Sinclair hate is amazing. The kid was great today, just didnt finish off his good work. He will turn it around.

I think hate is a strong word - and not something I am seeing coming through.

The fact is, we need someone who can covert those opportunities, and he has shown he can't all year. It is time to give someone a go who maybe can. Maybe an Elliot type (depending on how he goes on Saturday).

That's how I'd do it, with maybe Wood replacing Jolly although we have a 9-day break I think.

9 day break, everyone should be fresh as daisies.

In: Didak, Thomas, Shaw
Out: Sinclair, Buckley, Ugle

I'd be tempted to give Dawes a run in the twos - it is clear he has NO confidence - but I think we would do that when we get back a Tarrant or a Reid.

His form today was much better. Not even close to being dropped. His first half was the best footy he has played in a long time. His marking was faultlessly clean in that half. It's a shame he missed that set shot but that will come as he gains confidence. His second half was a bit more scrappy but hardly terrible. He spent a lot of time in the second half rucking and actually did a good job at the throw ins. He's a liability if he has to take the centre bounces but so was Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious? I really disagree on Dawes. His kicking was not good, and he dropped 3 uncontested marks (two in the forwardline) when the ball just bounced off his hands / chest. I thought he was below average.

****ing oath :thumbsu:

the guy could be a very good midfielder for us in years to come. Just needs to finish his hard work

How long is it going to be until Dawes gets dropped?

Ugle deserves a start next week. Didn't look out of place at all during the last quarter. Bit of inexperience can be to blame for that holding the ball decision.

How long is it going to be until Dawes gets dropped?

Ugle deserves a start next week. Didn't look out of place at all during the last quarter. Bit of inexperience can be to blame for that holding the ball decision.

Dawes has improved in his marking and getting to contests, just needs more confidence when kicking for goal. In reality he should have a match or two in the seconds and we maybe bring Paine in, but i don't think it will happen.

Only changes I would make is Didak in and if Shaw is right and he has to be 100% right in. Sinclair looks the first choice to drop but I'm happy to keep him there. He kicks those two goals then his spot is safe. Agree he didn't kick them but he is getting the footy so I have faith the kid could turn it around.

Don't know who to drop which puts us in good stead. Was a good team wins today.

Sincliar redeemed himself to some extent late in the game but his disposal is simply terrible and almost cost us the game. Having said that he was better than Seedsman and could be a worthwhile inclusion once he improves his disposal.

Unfortunaltey both of them are liabilities atm and need more time in the VFL.

IN: Didak
OUT: Seedsman

10 day break. I don't think Shaw will be ready and not worth the risk and if Daisy has somewhat of a slight stress fracture as rumoured, he'll be out a bit longer as has been reported.

Reid has said he should be available for the Dogs. Give him an extra week.

I wouldn't go changing a side that really gutsed it out.

Serious? I really disagree on Dawes. His kicking was not good, and he dropped 3 uncontested marks (two in the forwardline) when the ball just bounced off his hands / chest. I thought he was below average.

In the second half he had an ordinary marking performance. His first half was faultless. I was encouraged by what I saw because it shows he can do it. Like the start of last season. What he needs is confidence and consistency. I don't see how that will improve in the twos and I don't see how that performance comes close to warranting getting dropped. Don't get me wrong ive been very critical of Dawes but I saw some real positives out of this game.

Dawes has improved in his marking and getting to contests, just needs more confidence when kicking for goal. In reality he should have a match or two in the seconds and we maybe bring Paine in, but i don't think it will happen.

Dawes is always a machine at getting to contests. He usually lets himself down with poor marking and general fumbliness. You can get too cute with the knock ons which are only a band aid solution to his real issue which is his marking. Lets hope he takes some positives out of his first half effort today.

Thomas and Shaw walk back in if fit, Dids gets a run

Seedsman, Buckley, Sinclair go back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back