Game Day Round 6 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 20/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I personally think people have underplayed the shortened pre-season and early start to this season that set Collingwood and Brisbane at a definite disadvantage to the rest. You then lost to the Giants and Sydney in your first 2. It's not like you were losing to North and WC. The win over Brissy shows you've turned a corner and a little foot off the gas against the Hawks means little. You still got the win and are rolling now, with the advantage of a nice little freshen up at a time that teams are starting to feel a little banged up. Like us, Dixon can barely move, BZT has hurt his shoulder, Boak out with a sore back, etc.

I expect you to account for us easily and be back on track with your year. We have a horrendous record against top 4 sides away. We tend to lose and lose comfortably.

I'm hopeful that we'll come out and match your intensity and pressure, that our midfield will be accountable defensively and that we wont leak goals heavily in big bursts as you get on runs with the home crowd, but I have no confidence in our side to accomplish any of that. We're an extremely consistent team, that just finds a way through consistency in some games, and beats all the sides it should, but we struggle big time to raise to the level required in these bigger games. It's our big Hinkley-era flaw since 2017ish.

Here's to a good game and the hope that I'm wrong on all the above!

I personally think people have underplayed the shortened pre-season and early start to this season that set Collingwood and Brisbane at a definite disadvantage to the rest. You then lost to the Giants and Sydney in your first 2. It's not like you were losing to North and WC. The win over Brissy shows you've turned a corner and a little foot off the gas against the Hawks means little. You still got the win and are rolling now, with the advantage of a nice little freshen up at a time that teams are starting to feel a little banged up. Like us, Dixon can barely move, BZT has hurt his shoulder, Boak out with a sore back, etc.

I expect you to account for us easily and be back on track with your year. We have a horrendous record against top 4 sides away. We tend to lose and lose comfortably.

I'm hopeful that we'll come out and match your intensity and pressure, that our midfield will be accountable defensively and that we wont leak goals heavily in big bursts as you get on runs with the home crowd, but I have no confidence in our side to accomplish any of that. We're an extremely consistent team, that just finds a way through consistency in some games, and beats all the sides it should, but we struggle big time to raise to the level required in these bigger games. It's our big Hinkley-era flaw since 2017ish.

Here's to a good game and the hope that I'm wrong on all the above!

I really like this review

Nice turns of phrase with a strong resolution

Port don’t deserve you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Dixon out

Oh ffs he'll survive then, his numbers are starting to reek of fallen off a cliff though, bottom rated player on the ground against the Hawks.
He will bounce back.

No change

b77621407ed97a9aa1866cef4880ff75.jpg

79958c0050279c54377ae7cbdb74b007.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Charlie Dixon!
That helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back