Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that relevant?

It isn’t a 5 days a week, 8 hours a day job.

s**t a number of individuals are on multiple boards of companies. That is their job.

The board of a football club is different to being on the board of a company (either private or public). You should have a passion for the football club.
Not my point. They don’t actually have “snouts in the trough” if it’s a voluntary position…

The trough in this instance the clout they gain from being on the board.

I wonder if 'reasonable' expenses are reimbursed? Little trip for the partner and yourself to the odd interstate game, couple of nights in 5 star, all food & beverage covered and enjoy primo hospitality at the game.

I’m watching both AFL and SANFL teams and for the life of me can’t work out how players like McHenry are continually selected above the likes of Dowling or even Peds let alone trying Curtin.

Is Nicks watching the sanfl?
You have to wonder if McHenry's regular fishing gig on Channel 7 news has anything to do with it? They aren't exactly gonna be happy if their weekly "star" from the Adelaide Crows can't get a game. o_O :rolleyes:

You have to wonder if McHenry's regular fishing gig on Channel 7 news has anything to do with it? They aren't exactly gonna be happy if their weekly "star" from the Adelaide Crows can't get a game. o_O :rolleyes:
Would have nothing to do with it imo. I dont know why channel 7 would put mcspudry on the tv. I doubt they are paying him much. Maybe Ned is paying them to get some work experience. He would obviously know his footy career is coming to an end soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He took a team top top of the ladder and two consecutive prelims, that guy could coach. Did it with an average forward line too. Imagine if he had our 2017 forward line?

He would never coached us to a winning grand final.

He took a team top top of the ladder and two consecutive prelims, that guy could coach. Did it with an average forward line too. Imagine if he had our 2017 forward line?
It's a shame Craig didn't like to trade for needs...

Was still also selecting this other boards whipping boy on the time in VB as well.

Yes, but after the Brisbane game he was ropeable in the presser saying that he’d look to the SANFL to improve the side. And both VB and Mackay were dropped soon after our return game against the Eagles. It’s not rocket science.

He would never coached us to a winning grand final.

He never coached us to a winning prelim. He created a structure and system that worked against most clubs. But finals are a different story and you can’t get past multiple better 22s and coaches that know EXACTLY what we’d bring for all 120 minutes.

Tactically he was one-dimensional ... and proud of it. Ring any bells?
Yes, but at least he could justify that stance given his success in making finals consistently and very nearly winning one in either 05 or 06. Easily our 2nd best coach after Blight. Nicks has had zero success and is talking like he’s coached 3 flags and his way works.

Back