List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No one is trading a 2nd rounder for Ford.

Reminder; I like the kid.
But he's been on our list for years longer than most of those other players you named.
It would be overly harsh to delist someone like Maley, Free, and Archer who are younger and barely gotten a chance yet over Ford who has been here for nearly 5 years and has barely cemented himself in our best 22.

As I said; tough decisions looming!
Played round 1 off no preseason due to injury, hadn’t been dropped this season… is that not best 22?

Played round 1 off no preseason due to injury, hadn’t been dropped this season… is that not best 22?

I think he's very fortunate Tarryn Thomas got sent packing otherwise he wouldn't have made the best 22.

I want to stress though, again; I like Eddie Ford. But from that list of players that are out-of-contract at years end, who are the 6-to-8 you'd delist ahead of him? Noting that we have a dearth of flankers around that 185-189~cm height range.

Quick question; since December 2023 every single post you've made on BigFooty is about Eddie Ford.

Is he your family or something? :D

Based on Blightys Barrel post (that I suspect will get merged into here;

The players out of contract at the end of this year*
  1. Cooper Harvey - Offer a 1 year deal
  2. Curtis Taylor - Delist
  3. Charlie Lazzaro - Offer a 2 year deal
  4. Brayden George - Offer a 2 year deal
  5. Blake Drury - Delist, but pick up in rookie draft.
  6. Bailey Scott - Offer a 2 year deal
  7. Tony Pink - Offer a 1 year deal
  8. Will Phillips - Offer a 2 year deal
  9. Tyler Sellers - Offer a 1 year deal
  10. Robert Hansen Jr - Delist
  11. Liam Shiels - Delist
  12. Kallan Dawson - Offer a 4 year deal
  13. Jackson Archer - Offer a 2 year deal
  14. Hugh Greenwood - Retire/Delist
  15. Hamish Free - Offer a 2 year deal
  16. Finnbar Maley - Offer a 2 year deal
  17. Eddie Ford - Delist
  18. Cameron Zurhaar - Who the hell knows

*I have not actually verified the accuracy of contract status from his list. I've just copy/pasted it.

wtf chad

I think he's very fortunate Tarryn Thomas got sent packing otherwise he wouldn't have made the best 22.

I want to stress though, again; I like Eddie Ford. But from that list of players that are out-of-contract at years end, who are the 6-to-8 you'd delist ahead of him? Noting that we have a dearth of flankers around that 185-189~cm height range.

Quick question; since December 2023 every single post you've made on BigFooty is about Eddie Ford.

Is he your family or something? :D
Are you a stalker?? Haha who the heck has the time to do a search like that?

I like Ed, I don’t like Bf

Are you a stalker?? Haha who the * has the time to do a search like that?

It involves clicking the mouse literally twice.

Click your name -> Click 'postings'.

1713848021775.png

But he's been on our list for years longer than most of those other players you named.
It would be overly harsh to delist someone like Maley, Free, and Archer who are younger and barely gotten a chance yet over Ford who has been here for nearly 5 years and has barely cemented himself in our best 22.

Hamish Free is four years older than Eddie Ford and perhaps the reason he hasn't played when Eddie Ford has a Rising Star nomination is that Eddie Ford's a better player.

Ford is from the 2020 draft. Only in his 4th year now.

So about 9 posts… or in other words about a quarter of the times you told us all that Curtin was Pavlich

I'll forever hold a torch.

I miss you, Dan! <3

Lazz is the perfect example that effort and determination beats laziness and talent.

If our list had his drive we wouldn't be in this mess.

Kayne Turner was the same way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same as Laz…. He gets 2 years according to the Chad.
I don't see either Charlie or Eddie being moved on next year. I would like to see them with a bit more muscle and with the benefit of some more tuning by the new coaching team to catch them up to where they both ought to have been by now. I see both as decent contributors.

I don't see either Charlie or Eddie being moved on next year. I would like to see them with a bit more muscle and with the benefit of some more tuning by the new coaching team to catch them up to where they both ought to have been by now. I see both as decent contributors.

From that above list, which 7 players would you delist (or hope they retire?)

North currently has 6 draft selections in this years draft. That doesn't include any players we try and bring in via free agency.

We need to say goodbye to, most likely, 6 to 8 players from that list. Tough decisions are looming.

Ed's pretty much the most consistent forward on our list at the moment, the only talks taking place at the moment is how many years he extends by.

OOC Players:

Bailey Scott - 2 yr deal
Will Phillips - 2 yr deal
Brayden George - 1/2 yr deal
Charlie Lazzaro - 1 yr deal
Cooper Harvey - 1 yr deal
Finnbar Maley - 1 yr deal (rookie)
Eddie Ford - 1/2 yr deal
Blake Drury - 1 yr deal (rookie)
Kallan Dawson - 1 yr deal (rookie)
Tyler Sellers - 1 yr deal (rookie)
Jackson Archer - Re-list as a rookie (rookie)
Hugh Greenwood - delist
Curtis Taylor - delist
Cam Zurhaar - Leaves RFA - 2nd round compo (diluted because we pick up other FA's)
Liam Shiels - delist
Tarryn Thomas - delisted
Toby Pink - delist
Hamish Free - delist (rookie)
RJH - delist.

I've got no idea who is a rookie and who is primary listed anymore but that would leave us with 8 list spots.

Pick up Brandon Parfitt and Isaac Cumming or Blake Hardwick Free Agents.

Take 4 picks to the ND, 1 to the rookie draft then take the best available delisted free agent for the last spot.

If we ended up with more higher end picks or got more trade targets I'd happily delist Biggie too (who I'm pretty sure only signed a 1 yr deal), CCJ, Stephenson or Corr. There is plenty of available dead weight we can trim

Look no doubt I have a bias towards Fordy…. But delisting him is surely crazy talk! I assume the Chad has his mind distracted by his all time irrelevant Commanders about to blow another draft by reaching for a s**t QB.

Ed would be snapped up as a DFA quicker than it takes for the Chad to roll out of bed at 4am during the NFL season and cherry pick a referee decision that robbed the commanders of a chance.

That's it, that's exactly it.

We talk about bringing in guys from other clubs to be role players. Well, Lazzaro and Ford are perfect examples of the guys who will be role players.

At the end of this year, they'll both be 22 and have around 40-50 games under their belt.

End of 2025: 23yo and 60-70 games
2026: 24yo and 80-90 games
2027: 25yo and 100-110 games

We need to persist with these guys.

OOC Players:

Bailey Scott - 2 yr deal
Will Phillips - 2 yr deal
Brayden George - 1/2 yr deal
Charlie Lazzaro - 1 yr deal
Cooper Harvey - 1 yr deal
Finnbar Maley - 1 yr deal (rookie)
Eddie Ford - 1/2 yr deal
Blake Drury - 1 yr deal (rookie)
Kallan Dawson - 1 yr deal (rookie)
Tyler Sellers - 1 yr deal (rookie)
Jackson Archer - Re-list as a rookie (rookie)
Hugh Greenwood - delist
Curtis Taylor - delist
Cam Zurhaar - Leaves RFA - 2nd round compo (diluted because we pick up other FA's)
Liam Shiels - delist
Tarryn Thomas - delisted
Toby Pink - delist
Hamish Free - delist (rookie)
RJH - delist.

I've got no idea who is a rookie and who is primary listed anymore but that would leave us with 8 list spots.

Pick up Brandon Parfitt and Isaac Cumming or Blake Hardwick Free Agents.

Take 4 picks to the ND, 1 to the rookie draft then take the best available delisted free agent for the last spot.

Can't fault this, Zurhaar is up to him. Hard to make a definitive call on Sellers and Pink. Agreed otherwise on the set delists.

That's it, that's exactly it.

We talk about bringing in guys from other clubs to be role players. Well, Lazzaro and Ford are perfect examples of the guys who will be role players.

Here's the thing; our list is bad. I think most rational fans agree with this sentiment, given the evidence at hand.

As I said in another thread a few days ago, I think North fans have a duality where we understand our list is bad, but when it comes to talking about our individual players we have a tendency to over-rate them due to our emotional attachment.

The fact is, as I see it; Ford and Lazzaro, for better or worse, are probably among the last guys selected in the 22 each week. They bounce between the sub role, and have both had good patches of footy, and patches where they go absolutely missing.

IF we're going to get better, we need to upgrade the bottom players on our list. I have Ford and Lazzaro both in that category.

We're going to need to delist a pretty high number of players at the end of this season to make room for draft picks and any potential players we bring in via free agency or trades.

By my rough count, we're going to have to get rid of somewhere between 8 and 10 current players on our list.

I like Fordy, I do. And maybe we'll keep him. But we need to acknowledge some tough decisions are going to be made at the end of this season.

But delist Ford? Seriously? And give Free a 2 year deal? OMG!

But delist Ford? Seriously? And give Free a 2 year deal? OMG!

Yeah to be fair it turns out Free is much older than I thought he was. I'd probably change that.

For some reason I had in my head that he was like, 20 or 21.

Here's the thing; our list is bad. I think most rational fans agree with this sentiment, given the evidence at hand.

As I said in another thread a few days ago, I think North fans have a duality where we understand our list is bad, but when it comes to talking about our individual players we have a tendency to over-rate them due to our emotional attachment.

The fact is, as I see it; Ford and Lazzaro, for better or worse, are probably among the last guys selected in the 22 each week. They bounce between the sub role, and have both had good patches of footy, and patches where they go absolutely missing.

IF we're going to get better, we need to upgrade the bottom players on our list. I have Ford and Lazzaro both in that category.

Ford, whenever given an extended crack at it has shown he is more than capable at AFL level. He is still only 21 and has a stack of potential that is yet to be realised.

I'd rather delist contracted plodders like Stephenson or Tucker before moving on Fordy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back