Prediction Does Voss get the sack if Carlton miss finals in 2023?

Does Voss get the sack if the Blues miss finals in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 249 58.2%
  • No

Votes: 179 41.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you listen to the hierarchy they seem hellbent on keeping him and presenting a picture of stability.

Only way I can see that happening is if they bring in another former coach as “senior assistant” or “director of coaching” and basically make Voss an empty suit… because it’s clear to anybody who watches them that he is clueless.
It was clear he's clueless when he was commentating for channel 10 way back when.
He had no idea what was going on.

Seen it firsthand now. They are absolute dogshit. Playing miles below their talent level. That third quarter was a deadset training run, not often Essendon can say that.

Voss either needs to change absolutely everything or go. It’s disastrous atm.

Yes you now believe we weren’t lying about how bad we are, we haven’t scored more than 59 in any of our last 5 matches, with 2 Coleman medalists.

It’s almost impressive in its ineptitude.

There will be major changes to the playing list, and I think Voss will go also, plus clean out of the footy dept.

Hopefully the board can all **** off too, get the afl in and dissolve it.

If Voss gets the lemon and sars, he shouldn't be the only one.
Fitness, list management and tacticians should be sacked/publicly flogged.

If it is just him they'll still be poo next year.

There is no reality where it will be only Voss gone, if he is given the flick.

Jack Russell has completely ****ed our fitness program after being spooked by injuries last year, they backed off way too far and now we have less injuries but a playing group that looks completely flat and unfit.

There will be more board changes, Sayers will be gone.

I’d anticipate most of the assistants, Lloyd and diesel will be gone as well.

We will look to be aggressive in terms of trading as well. I’d be very open to trading Cripps if someone wanted him.

Did Cook oversee Voss' appointment?
If he did, he's probably going to stand by him as he did Bomber Thompson in 2006.

No cook came after that was decided.

Also bomber had led cats to 2 finals appearances, including a prelim before a poor 2006 (where they still won 10 games, not tracking for 4-5 wins like we are).

So the narrative of Voss being like Hardwick or bomber is completely wrong.

He is more like Ben rutten at essendon , though we are worse than Essendon last year, and rutten got Essendon to finals in 2021.

Yes you now believe we weren’t lying about how bad we are, we haven’t scored more than 59 in any of our last 5 matches, with 2 Coleman medalists.

It’s almost impressive in its ineptitude.

There will be major changes to the playing list, and I think Voss will go also, plus clean out of the footy dept.

Hopefully the board can all * off too, get the afl in and dissolve it.

Amalgamate with North and play as North Carlton

Can we all agree Like Sayers is a total douchebag?
Utterly. Just smacks of this big macho poser. Has been a board member when several coaches were sacked, has been caught up in this PWC disaster, and disappeared to Europe just recently.

Needs to go.

Amalgamate with North and play as North Carlton
Normally you'd worry about the merged club being a powerhouse... Wouldn't have to worry here

I don't think Vossy is all that great as a coach - our midfield seemed to be crap when he was our mid coach - but Carlton's constant flipping and flopping on coaches while addressing nothing else clearly does nothing to fix the issue. But I'm certain the media circus will come for Voss because it couldn't possibly be anyone else responsible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss can’t coach IMO but doesn’t help when you have a dogshit list and the players are soft. Tackling is a non negotiable and their effort last night was appalling. I’m almost certain that Voss didn’t tell his players not to tackle and for 8 of them not to lay a single tackle. I’m sure Not sure how Voss is responsible for Cripps having 4 kicks for the night and only 1 kick in the second half or for Charlie kicking 2.4. What he is responsible for is leaving Young on Pete and allowing Merrett to move into the forward line and leave Curnow in the middle. Brad totally outcoached Voss but the problems run far deeper than that

He can’t kick the ball through the big sticks.

More inside 50s. More shots.

Not the whole game obviously, Bombers tackle pressure and I50 tackles great, but if Carlton converted early they might have withstood the Bombers onslaught or still been in the game.
Converted from where, 55 meters out? Look at how we get our entries and where we invariably take shots from, no greater example than last night - 50 plus/wide/under pressure. Legit can't remember the last time we had a set shot 25 out directly in front.

Player skills aren't helping of course but a fair piece of it is system related.

Silvagni gets such a bad rap. He is a huge competitor, he consistently wins 1 on 1s and equalises if he doesn’t. He’s up flying for marks against Peter Wright while bigger players watch.

He’ll never be perfect but there’s a lot that could be compared to say Jack Graham about him - tough, but limited in a lot of ways, but Graham is an AFL player.
Yeah Silvagni wouldn't have been in our top dozen glaring issues last night.

I hope Cripps is playing injured because I didn’t see much effort and intensity from him at all ….. he wasn’t the only one but I expect more from him

Good coaches get the best out of players. Fly has seemingly average players performing out of their skin at the pies. Voss has everyone playing career worst.

When players lack confidence they have poor games, miss goals and generally give poor effort. That’s where Carlton is. Their culture now says Voss goes and the players start to protect their own interests.

He clearly cannot coach, it’s now proven at 2 clubs. Good coaches combat poor performances by actually taking action, none of which Voss has taken.

Last edited:
Back