LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Birchmore does wear his heart on his sleeve. He gets emotionally involved in the game because he wants to get the most out of the team and his players, he obviously is an underrated coach and person by a lot of ppl on here when I bet most of you blokes that are ripping him have done stuff all in your life and never had the balls to take anything like this on... And I agree maroons will be a lot more competitive this year, maybe even keep both eyes on clearances :thumbsu:

So you think Phil walsh's outburst at the umpires last year is ok?

Crazy stuff, might have done a lot to help the club through a shocking time which is great, however surely debating his coaching and playing is the point?

Both lack for the exact reasons you list as positives!!!

So you think Phil walsh's outburst at the umpires last year is ok?

Crazy stuff, might have done a lot to help the club through a shocking time which is great, however surely debating his coaching and playing is the point?

Both lack for the exact reasons you list as positives!!!

The only thing that really matters is that Newbridge are happy with him

Ive been holding my tongue at bit over the past few days. But stuff it, after a couple of frothies by the way. Birchy has done more for a club then most senior coaches have done. Im not going to go into it, but you would be flabbergasted on what he has gone through as a coach. Hands up who would want to coach a club with out a ground and so many issues off field. He is by far one of the most passionate blokes I have seen in coaching. In relation to "Best Players" leaving...thats funny. Newbridge have been flying under the rader over the past few months in regards to recruiting and what not. Injuries hit us hard last year, and maybe we were leaving it up to, too few. Last year was about trying to make best of a real shit situation, but 2012 will be different. Not talking about flags but a more productive year on field. Off field we are still up the creek in relation to facilities. But from hard work from the committee the Maroons will be flying high at Riverside.

FIRE UP BARRELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsu::D

Bakes denied straight up for a clearance away from Bridgy, wonder why that would be? Funny how he seems to have so much trouble getting cleared from clubs. Must be a very good player.

Bakes denied straight up for a clearance away from Bridgy, wonder why that would be? Funny how he seems to have so much trouble getting cleared from clubs. Must be a very good player.

That is strange, i was under the impression that you dont even require a reason these days. The only way a club can hold you is if you have property or owe money.

That is strange, i was under the impression that you dont even require a reason these days. The only way a club can hold you is if you have property or owe money.

Doesn't stop clubs knocking back clearances but as you say if it goes to the vcfl those are the only grounds a club has. A lot f clubs are still knocking back the first clearance, then granting the second request....not sure why but that seems to be what happens

Doesn't stop clubs knocking back clearances but as you say if it goes to the vcfl those are the only grounds a club has. A lot f clubs are still knocking back the first clearance, then granting the second request....not sure why but that seems to be what happens

I suppose it gives the club a chance to speak to the players who may have not told them of their intention to leave.

A memo sent out to all clubs this week from AFL VIC regarding player transfer regulations states:

It is worth noting that the changes to the National Player Transfer Regulations now require any club denying a transfer of a player to provide evidence to their League to substantiate the denial within 72 hours.

Rule ‘3.2.3 states:
A Club refusing to Transfer a player must provide evidence to its affiliated Football Body within 72 hours of the refusal in order to substantiate the claim. Failure to provide such evidence will result in the Football Body re-opening and approving the Transfer.’

A memo sent out to all clubs this week from AFL VIC regarding player transfer regulations states:

It is worth noting that the changes to the National Player Transfer Regulations now require any club denying a transfer of a player to provide evidence to their League to substantiate the denial within 72 hours.

Rule ‘3.2.3 states:
A Club refusing to Transfer a player must provide evidence to its affiliated Football Body within 72 hours of the refusal in order to substantiate the claim. Failure to provide such evidence will result in the Football Body re-opening and approving the Transfer.’

Ive got nothing from them....

clew, is it correct ur dad is back as prez at square and bro. is heading for footy in nthn territry ??
wot's with playing footy in the top end be as hot there as over here in the u.a.e.

clew, is it correct ur dad is back as prez at square and bro. is heading for footy in nthn territry ??
wot's with playing footy in the top end be as hot there as over here in the u.a.e.

Should probably be asking me these questions in the BFL thread mate! Yeah old man is back as Prez and brother is up north but will be back in March or April. Awesome experience for anyone to play and live up there over summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno how true but I got told they only kept 1 executive member and still have 2 spots to fill on the executive and the rest of the general committee is pretty much new blood. Will definitely be interesting to see if off field effects the on field performance this season.
so speaking to a yc person this morning and apparently new president was voted in last night as previous one stepped away from the club due to other committments. I got told new president is Ycw's reserves coach from last year.

so speaking to a yc person this morning and apparently new president was voted in last night as previous one stepped away from the club due to other committments. I got told new president is Ycw's reserves coach from last year.

I had also heard that the plan to fill the executive positions went to sh!t after Bill Concol nominated for secretary instead of treasurer as was expected which basically pushed the incumbent secretary out the door and still left them without a treasurer.

She. My understanding was that it had been decided that Bill Concol would go in treasurer, and that Lisa Roberts would remain secretary. It seems no one was actually nominated prior to the AGM so nominations were taken on the day. I'm only assuming, but given that the plan was for Bill to go in as treasurer, he's pulled a swift one, making sure that he had the majority vote from the members present.

I am making a few assumptions, and am going on second hand information to fill in the gaps here just in case someone gets on here and tells me I'm wrong.

So it sounds like you've spoken to the chick who got rolled?

That would be first hand info wouldn't it?

Heard it from someone else who has an involvement with YCW. Wasn't even going to mention it until someone else brought it up. Not much else going on here at the moment.

Don't think it's fair to throw stones at a bloke willing to take on a task like that, would be a difficult job.

Sounds like she spat the dummy and left? Good club person there, don't get your own way and crack the sads and leave

Sportsbet odds are up, B/W are a touch short at 1.50 I would've thought and Serp a surprise 2nd favourite. With the players Marong have picked up does anyone think they'll finish higher than 2nd bottom?

Clubs rarely grant clearances on first application, if the second one is denied then the question 'why' should be asked!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back