Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
People in this thread disagreed with my police/telephone tracking search experience.

On this thread they propagated all sorts of telephone watch phone tower theories.

Fact, police have conducted 3 different searches and failed.
The current record of technical searching has been below standard at best.
We're still awaiting the next search.

My money is on a walker finding something in a random area and police telling us it was going to be thier next search area.
Little William case just pure incompetence

People in this thread disagreed with my police/telephone tracking search experience.

On this thread they propagated all sorts of telephone watch phone tower theories.

Fact, police have conducted 3 different searches and failed.
The current record of technical searching has been below standard at best.
We're still awaiting the next search.

My money is on a walker finding something in a random area and police telling us it was going to be thier next search area.
Little William case just pure incompetence
I agree. Kurve has been around a long time in crime threads and I hope Kurve also agrees.
Police usually come across in their press conferences as knowing everything, when in fact they are waiting for the tip off that leads them to the body.
I mean for heaven's sake they must have something on POS to charge him for murder.
A murderer is a very dumb person, so police must be even dumber not to find them without waiting for a tip off.
Do police get trained, or are they just indoctrinated into a way of life

I agree. Kurve has been around a long time in crime threads and I hope Kurve also agrees.
Police usually come across in their press conferences as knowing everything, when in fact they are waiting for the tip off that leads them to the body.
I mean for heaven's sake they must have something on POS to charge him for murder.
A murderer is a very dumb person, so police must be even dumber not to find them without waiting for a tip off.
Do police get trained, or are they just indoctrinated into a way of life
Only those that get caught...

Only those that get caught...
I know what you mean but all murderers are dumb, even those that don't get caught.
I would love to see someone on BF defend a person who has murdered someone and name the person who was murdered if they think that person deserves to be dead.

I know what you mean but all murderers are dumb, even those that don't get caught.
I would love to see someone on BF defend a person who has murdered someone and name the person who was murdered if they think that person deserves to be dead.
That's a completely different question. You can argue the act of murdering someone is a dumb act, but murderers can be intelligent/smart while commiting acts of murder due to a vast range of circumstances.

Last edited:
That's a compelety different question. You can argue the act of murdering someone is a dumb act, but murderers can be intelligent/smart while commitingt acts of murder due to a vast range of circumstances.

There's a lot of instances of highly intelligent people committing murders. They may lack something like empathy, but they can be highly considered and deliberate in their actions.

I imagine there's plenty of murders where someone has just quietly disappeared and no one has a shred of evidence that it's a murder, or knows anything that points to a killer.

There's a lot of instances of highly intelligent people committing murders. They may lack something like empathy, but they can be highly considered and deliberate in their actions.

I imagine there's plenty of murders where someone has just quietly disappeared and no one has a shred of evidence that it's a murder, or knows anything that points to a killer.
All the murderers I've met are pretty dumb, but they've all been caught! :tearsofjoy:

There was a case in the mid 1980’s in Geelong where exactly this happened. From what I remember the victim had no family, other than the ones that did him in. He was very physically abusive to them all, prone to leaving for weeks at a time, so when he disappeared no-one battered an eye, and most neighbours were just relieved for the wife and kids that they were, for a time anyway, out of danger. No-one suspected a murder. I think they told everyone he went to Qld iirc.

Anyway the family adjusted to their new life, and quite a long time passed until eventually one day the wife confided in friend about her part in his disappearance. It always amazed me that so much time had passed and had she never ever said a word, how easily they would’ve all gotten away with it.

A truism of the Criminal Justice system is those convicted are dumb, have a big mouth or are truly unlucky.

Generally, convicted crims are not the social, moral or intellectual elite of our sociely

Like the murderer in the 1980's in Victoria who buys a knife and commits a murder with it but leaves the knife. Cops contact the importer, who say they imported 2 dozen of them, most were given to chefs, but 6 were sent to one shop to test the retail masket.

The shop kept the Bankcard receipts... the crim was charged within the week.

The shop kept the Bankcard receipts... the crim was charged within the week.
Even tho it's pretty obvious bit of detective work, that was very good to catch the crim within a week.
Some could argue that Brett Cowan, the murderer of Daniel Morcombe, was smart because he wasn't charged with the murder for nearly 10 years.
Or that Bradley Edwards, who possibly killed more than two people, was clever because he wasn't caught for 20 years.
What I'm saying is they are both dumb.
Committing murder wipes away any IQ a person has imho and makes them dumb, a complete and utter idiot.
Can anyone name someone who deserved to die at the hands of someone who they are saying is intelligent?
I will bet anyone that the person who will eventually be found guilty of killing Samantha Murphy is dumb. That person may have had Alfred Einstein's IQ of 160 but in my mind as soon as he committed murder he was dumb with an intelligence quotient of zero.
And that's because nobody has the right to take away someone's life, only an idiot would carry out something like that.
Let's hope police have the right man in custody already of Samantha's alleged murder.

Even tho it's pretty obvious bit of detective work, that was very good to catch the crim within a week.
Some could argue that Brett Cowan, the murderer of Daniel Morcombe, was smart because he wasn't charged with the murder for nearly 10 years.
Or that Bradley Edwards, who possibly killed more than two people, was clever because he wasn't caught for 20 years.
What I'm saying is they are both dumb.
Committing murder wipes away any IQ a person has imho and makes them dumb, a complete and utter idiot.
Can anyone name someone who deserved to die at the hands of someone who they are saying is intelligent?
I will bet anyone that the person who will eventually be found guilty of killing Samantha Murphy is dumb. That person may have had Alfred Einstein's IQ of 160 but in my mind as soon as he committed murder he was dumb with an intelligence quotient of zero.
And that's because nobody has the right to take away someone's life, only an idiot would carry out something like that.
Let's hope police have the right man in custody already of Samantha's alleged murder.

This is some of the strangest logic I’ve ever read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a rumor today and I'm not a rumor fan but I'll type this out. Money/Drug related with connection to family Smash Repair Business, Bikies owed the money, Stephenson the killer won't reveal body because of repercussions with the said bikies. Also part of this was Samantha & Husband were not together but living under the same roof. I find this one hard to believe because I haven't heard it within these forums and usually you hear every angle. Apparently the family we warned of this as an outcome but ignored it or didn't act? Ive now posted some links below after reading the possible connections.

(Samantha ran the books Mick the Panel Shop) Implications also say Mick was aware of the possible outcome but Sam kept the books and if they weren't actually together as a couple explains some things. Just sayin..

P.S. Just read back a few threads and can see the bikies thing has been raised. It does make sense if for example they moved the body after Stephenson did the act. No wonder Police can't find the body. Surely though Police would be all over this angle and perhaps they are? This theory does connect some dots IMO. Interesting

Last edited:

He failed a drug test, interesting.

He has since been hit with three fresh charges after he allegedly crashed a motorbike he was riding into a tree last year, the Herald Sun reported.

No other vehicle was involved.

A friend told the newspaper the crash allegedly occurred after Stephenson attended an AFL grand final celebration.

Celebrations reportedly started around lunchtime on October 1 and is understood to have continued late into the night at a bar in Ballarat.

Police attended the crash scene and conducted a alcohol breath test, which Stephenson allegedly failed.

He was taken to Ballarat Police Station where he then allegedly failed a drug test.

He failed a drug test, interesting.

He has since been hit with three fresh charges after he allegedly crashed a motorbike he was riding into a tree last year, the Herald Sun reported.

No other vehicle was involved.

A friend told the newspaper the crash allegedly occurred after Stephenson attended an AFL grand final celebration.

Celebrations reportedly started around lunchtime on October 1 and is understood to have continued late into the night at a bar in Ballarat.

Police attended the crash scene and conducted a alcohol breath test, which Stephenson allegedly failed.

He was taken to Ballarat Police Station where he then allegedly failed a drug test.
It is interesting that these 'new' charges have been sat on for approximately 7 months. That is unusual in it's self.

Heard a rumor today and I'm not a rumor fan but I'll type this out. Money/Drug related with connection to family Smash Repair Business, Bikies owed the money, Stephenson the killer won't reveal body because of repercussions with the said bikies. Also part of this was Samantha & Husband were not together but living under the same roof. I find this one hard to believe because I haven't heard it within these forums and usually you hear every angle. Apparently the family we warned of this as an outcome but ignored it or didn't act? Ive now posted some links below after reading the possible connections.

(Samantha ran the books Mick the Panel Shop) Implications also say Mick was aware of the possible outcome but Sam kept the books and if they weren't actually together as a couple explains some things. Just sayin..

P.S. Just read back a few threads and can see the bikies thing has been raised. It does make sense if for example they moved the body after Stephenson did the act. No wonder Police can't find the body. Surely though Police would be all over this angle and perhaps they are? This theory does connect some dots IMO. Interesting
No evidence at all about bikies, that story is a beat up from the Daily Fail from 2 months ago. POS killed her when drugged up from a Saturday night session, so hardly a targeted killing.

It is interesting that these 'new' charges have been sat on for approximately 7 months. That is unusual in it's self.
Exactly, what the hell was that about. Did police allow POS to go about doing the same things and only charged him for those offences after POS allegedly murdered someone. Culpability comes to mind. If POS had lost his MDL if he committed those very serious traffic offences, perhaps he would not have been driving home the morning Samantha Murphy went for a run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back