2nds First development Crows named

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2006
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ford Cortina
Davis-Neale is a former AIS academy member. Highly rated 16yo who plummeted in his draft year.

Hey guys,
I'm interstate.
Can anyone here shed some light on these players?

Tyson Davis-Neale (Encounter Bay), Simon Muster (Birdwood), Matthew Thompson (Murray Bridge Ramblers), Matthew Wilson (Yankalilla) and Tom Kluvanek (Uraidla Districts)

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-11-15/first-development-crows-named

Good write up:thumbsu:

I played Junior footy with him for a few years at Yankalilla Football Club, and went to the same school etc. Small town, so everyone knows everyone. I know his mum quite well. Apparently will continue to play footy for Yankalilla, but will be used on an as needed basis. He is a decent player, but I believe he's had some injury concerns last year. :)
Also, I'm pretty sure he's a year older than me, so that would make him 22.

Musters old man in fact played league footy for Norwood. Simons a good lad and hope he does well.

I remember Tyson Davis-Neale and had to do a search for him. He was named BOG against South Africa on one of the AIS trip and I remember being surprised when he wasn't drafted.

http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.php/20080402233010368

"Tyson Davis-Neale, Jackson Trengrove and Michael Hurley were stand-outs from a very even Australian team."

Only one of those names is on an AFL list.

There's a Jackson Trengove though.

(bad journo, not the quoter)

Can someone please clarify what, if any, ownership we have of these guys. Eg. We bring in Davis-Neale who was a gun junior and suddenly he thrives in our reserves. Do we have any way of listing him or is he just into the draft ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess if we were so inclined we could manipulate his play to an extent, ask him to just nominate for rookie draft and slide him in that way
Is it possible for a player just to nominate for the rookie draft and not the National draft as well?

From memory a delisted player or a player who has previously nominated for the draft but has been overlooked can nominate for the PSD instead of the National draft, but I wasn't aware they could nominate for the rookie draft and not national draft.

Is it possible for a player just to nominate for the rookie draft and not the National draft as well?

From memory a delisted player or a player who has previously nominated for the draft but has been overlooked can nominate for the PSD instead of the National draft, but I wasn't aware they could nominate for the rookie draft and not national draft.
Didn't we get Laird that way? Don't think he ever nominated for ND????

A player's draft nomination lasts 3 years. A player never on an AFL can't choose to nominate for one draft - they must be in both.

Player A nominated in & was overlooked in 2012, they are free to be selected in either draft in 2013 & 2014.

Laird was just overlooked.

(Kieran Jack got special dispensation to go just as a rookie, having supposedly sent his nom form in, but it missed the deadline or never arrived).

A player's draft nomination lasts 3 years. A player never on an AFL can't choose to nominate for one draft - they must be in both.

Player A nominated in & was overlooked in 2012, they are free to be selected in either draft in 2013 & 2014.

(Kieran Jack got special dispensation to go just as a rookie, having supposedly sent his nom form in, but it missed the deadline or never arrived).

Otherwise known as the Sydney loophole, which is applied to whatever rule the AFL ******* wants to.

Didn't we select Hendo through the pre-season/rookie draft without him nominating for the national. He wasn't a alternate sports rookie like our other basketball converts

Didn't we select Hendo through the pre-season/rookie draft without him nominating for the national. He wasn't a alternate sports rookie like our other basketball converts

Don't know about whether he nominated for the ND, but the rest of your post is correct (rookie draft).

Although he was completely unheard of, so it's possible that he did nominate for the ND but was never in contention to actually get picked up that way.

Don't know about whether he nominated for the ND, but the rest of your post is correct (rookie draft).

Although he was completely unheard of, so it's possible that he did nominate for the ND but was never in contention to actually get picked up that way.

I just remember we had a mysterious player training/trialling with us in the lead up to the rookie draft and it turned out to be a current baller from Ballarat. I can't imagine he would have nominated for the national draft without the trial with us first

More players named...
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-11-19/first-sanfl-recruits-named
The first SANFL players nominated are:
Sam De Leonardis (North Adelaide): A 19-year-old 182cm forward and former State U16 rep who has played through North Adelaide’s junior system. Started the 2013 season in North’s U18s but was then promoted to the reserves.
Jye De Zylva (West Adelaide): 18, captained West Adelaide Under-18s team this year and played some reserves. 184cm defender.
Sam Tharaldsen (South Adelaide): 19, 187cm medium defender, played some reserves this year.
Darc Bailey (Glenelg): 19, played a league game this year after crossing from Victoria. Small forward or midfielder, son of Crows assistant coach Dean Bailey.
Jack Penfold (Sturt): 19, a 173cm rover, who was Sturt’s U18 captain in 2012 and played reserves this year.

Adelaide has added another four country players to the list of five revealed on the weekend. They are:
Tom Carroll (Myponga): 24, SA Country regular who played some league football with South Adelaide.
Gene Robinson (Mypolonga): 20, kicked 115 goals from 18 games in the River Murray League this season. Small forward.
Nigel Osborn (CMS Crows): 22, runner-up Yorke Peninsula Mail Medal 2013, State Country player 2013, works with Adelaide Crows in junior development.
Tom Hughes (Mt Barker): Hills Mail Medallist 2013.
Five Amateur players will also join the initial development squad:
Addison Burns (Goodwood Saints, 20),
Steven Clay (Port Districts, 25),
Trent Melville (Tea Tree Gully/North Adelaide, 21)
Jack Grieger (Adelaide Uni, 20) and
Will Paynter (Adelaide Uni, 21).

It might just be me, but I don't see why we should care?

They can't play for us, we don't get special access to listing them

What am I missing?

Agree.

We are on a hiding to nothing. If we play then and they impress other clubs, we don't get any benefits to drafting them.

More players named...
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-11-19/first-sanfl-recruits-named
The first SANFL players nominated are:
Sam De Leonardis (North Adelaide): A 19-year-old 182cm forward and former State U16 rep who has played through North Adelaide’s junior system. Started the 2013 season in North’s U18s but was then promoted to the reserves.
Jye De Zylva (West Adelaide): 18, captained West Adelaide Under-18s team this year and played some reserves. 184cm defender.
Sam Tharaldsen (South Adelaide): 19, 187cm medium defender, played some reserves this year.
Darc Bailey (Glenelg): 19, played a league game this year after crossing from Victoria. Small forward or midfielder, son of Crows assistant coach Dean Bailey.
Jack Penfold (Sturt): 19, a 173cm rover, who was Sturt’s U18 captain in 2012 and played reserves this year.

Adelaide has added another four country players to the list of five revealed on the weekend. They are:
Tom Carroll (Myponga): 24, SA Country regular who played some league football with South Adelaide.
Gene Robinson (Mypolonga): 20, kicked 115 goals from 18 games in the River Murray League this season. Small forward.
Nigel Osborn (CMS Crows): 22, runner-up Yorke Peninsula Mail Medal 2013, State Country player 2013, works with Adelaide Crows in junior development.
Tom Hughes (Mt Barker): Hills Mail Medallist 2013.
Five Amateur players will also join the initial development squad:
Addison Burns (Goodwood Saints, 20),
Steven Clay (Port Districts, 25),
Trent Melville (Tea Tree Gully/North Adelaide, 21)
Jack Grieger (Adelaide Uni, 20) and
Will Paynter (Adelaide Uni, 21).
Haha, I know one of those blokes, didn't realise he would ever be in contention for this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back