VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

SwmvYZk.png
That wasn't a Whack , that was a fact
So he will be on the list next year will he Dr

Have been watching this game, first time I've seen Sandy for months. GCS play contemporary footy, fast running link up play all over the ground, Sandy slow, boring, uninspiring country football from decades ago. Campbell the best Sandy player, no one doing anything to earn selection for the Saints, except Sharman.

How is Sandy coached to play like this? Crouch is injured, the Poo can't get near the ball, he's not a midfielder, he's a half forward. Brief cameos from Sharman, Garcia, Collard but, with this style of footy how can anyone play well? How can players learn and develop? It's appalling coaching and makes me angry to watch this kind of footy. What is the purpose of any alignment if it is not the develop players for your AFL team? FFS!!

Have been watching this game, first time I've seen Sandy for months. GCS play contemporary footy, fast running link up play all over the ground, Sandy slow, boring, uninspiring country football from decades ago. Campbell the best Sandy player, no one doing anything to earn selection for the Saints, except Sharman.

How is Sandy coached to play like this? Crouch is injured, the Poo can't get near the ball, he's not a midfielder, he's a half forward. Brief cameos from Sharman, Garcia, Collard but, with this style of footy how can anyone play well? How can players learn and develop? It's appalling coaching and makes me angry to watch this kind of footy. What is the purpose of any alignment if it is not the develop players for your AFL team? FFS!!
Maybe because one is chock full of AFL players and the other had 5 with the rest VFL players.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't know what happened with the Byrnes decision. Would have been a certain score. Zones dragged us back into the game. Turned a one-paced midfield into something different. Byrnes good in the last as well.
Playing on? WHich is impossible as you cant play on when youre over your own mark, it just gets recalled, and Byrnes was running into play.

The umpire plain ****ed up there and goes to show just how ****ing bad the quality is across the comps.

I don’t care what sprint time Pou had at the draft combine - dead set labouring in the midfield

I think it's more that he's a bit stagnant and slow to react at stoppages. He's alright once he's going, not breaking any lines but alright. Honestly I feel like he's looked his best as a leading forward. Wouldn't mind them switching him and Owens around unless he can pull his finger out around stoppages.

Its ****ing wet as it was last week, not easy to play free flowing footy in those conditions.

2 weeks ago when it was dry Sandy kicked 111 points and the game before that they kicked 134

Have won 6 of their 10 games plus a draw and are 6th on the ladder.

Playing pretty decent football

Why Batchelor waited to 10 minutes into the last quarter to start making changes when GCS were dominating through the middle for a good 40 minutes, was head in the sand stuff. I can understand the Saints want to get midfield minutes into Crouch , Phillipou and Garcia but Batchelors lack of flexibility in the 3rd quarter cost them a win today. As soon as he threw Watson, Byrnes and Jones in there in the last the game changed. A really disappointing effort by the Sandringham coaching team today.

Its nice to finally see a thirst for winning games to the entire Sandringham team, it hasnt been there for too long.

Midfield is still our major weakness even at VFL level Crouch and Phillipou's lack of speed or burst was damning today. Crouch can win the ball but unless he's got runners around him his affect on the game is limited.

Campbell is huge at this level, he kept Sandringham in the game throughout.
Jones gave plenty of run and gun, missed a kick or two but otherwise was really good.
Paton one of best players had a very good game and provided run and bounce from defence.
Sharman again brilliant in the last and nearly pinched a win.
Garcia bobbed up with a couple of nice goals as did Collard.
Byrnes looked to have his work rate back up and was important in our come back in the last.
Cordy solid down back had his hands full with GCS tall forwards.
OConnell ok the speed of the game caught him out at times.
Crouch and Phillpou tried hard but but were well beaten by GCS mids for the entire game.
Hall unsighted you wonder why we draft a midfielder and then dont play him there?
Hotton same as above,
Heath was out classed all day.
Allison is the greatest list clogger the Saints have ever had.

Last edited:
Don't know what happened with the Byrnes decision. Would have been a certain score. Zones dragged us back into the game. Turned a one-paced midfield into something different. Byrnes good in the last as well.

Tommy Campbell would have been Justin Madden in a different era. When you didn't have to be an athlete he would have been a star.

Garcia, Sharman were both awesome. Jones and Pou both good out of the middle late in the game. Jones looks very good at VFL level but for some reason he looks shit in the seniors. I think he's too creative and abstract for Lyon. His go is POD stuff not a workman who goes two ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why Batchelor waited to 10 minutes into the last quarter to start making changes when GCS were dominating through the middle was head in the sand stuff. I can understand the Saints want to get midfield minutes into Crouch , Phillipou and Garcia but Batchelors lack of flexibility in the 3rd quarter cost them that game. As soon as he threw Watson, Byrnes and Jones in there in the last the game changed. A really disappointing by the Sandringham coaching team today.

They have a much better on ball set up than us. Tsitas is a gun VFL mid and their kids are building up to be elite players. We had to hold and surge I think.

Why Batchelor waited to 10 minutes into the last quarter to start making changes when GCS were dominating through the middle for a good 40 minutes, was head in the sand stuff. I can understand the Saints want to get midfield minutes into Crouch , Phillipou and Garcia but Batchelors lack of flexibility in the 3rd quarter cost them a win today. As soon as he threw Watson, Byrnes and Jones in there in the last the game changed. A really disappointing effort by the Sandringham coaching team today.
Bachelors main priority is to develop the AFL players. Winning the game comes second.

He’s in a stubbornness competition with rtb. Winner gets his own way.

Well he has them sitting nicely in the top 8.

His priority is development of AFL players anyway. Winning is a bonus.

Jeez there's some on here with agendas watching the footy with clouded views.

Pou was fine, got some seriously impressive clearances in the last that ended up in goals. He's learning, he's not dominant but the way he is talked about by some is incredibly harsh for a 19 year old.

Garcia continues to wow, as does Coops who did a heap of running in that game.

Casboult kicked 5 on Cordy, outlining just how important Howard and Battle are to the senior team.

TC us incredible, how's the sidestep on the big fella in the last? We know he isn't going to play ones again - but damn, the bloke is great to have at the club.

Patto had two chances in the last few minutes to bomb a point and couldn't kick it 25 metres. Byrnes, Zones and Paton stepped it up in the last, AFL listed endurance probably playing a part.

Crouch looks like he needs a walker, that knee clearly hinders him. It's not just about numbers, he can barely run.

Great fightback to get a draw, glad they didn't lose, unlucky not to steal the win.

Well you took the first Whack at me so i was just after your expert opinion on where he will be next year

Well I suspect he’ll be off the list, as should anyone be who won’t make it.

Anyone it was simply a joke given your previously expressed passion for the subject.

Happy to delete the post if it offends.

Well he has them sitting nicely in the top 8.

His priority is development of AFL players anyway. Winning is a bonus.

Bullsh*t you can still develop players and still coach to win games... Sucess and winning games at VFL level is just as important for our player development and club as are AFL games. Its very short sighted or ignorant to think otherwise.

Jeez there's some on here with agendas watching the footy with clouded views.

Pou was fine, got some seriously impressive clearances in the last that ended up in goals. He's learning, he's not dominant but the way he is talked about by some is incredibly harsh for a 19 year old.

Garcia continues to wow, as does Coops who did a heap of running in that game.

Casboult kicked 5 on Cordy, outlining just how important Howard and Battle are to the senior team.

TC us incredible, how's the sidestep on the big fella in the last? We know he isn't going to play ones again - but damn, the bloke is great to have at the club.

Patto had two chances in the last few minutes to bomb a point and couldn't kick it 25 metres. Byrnes, Zones and Paton stepped it up in the last, AFL listed endurance probably playing a part.

Crouch looks like he needs a walker, that knee clearly hinders him. It's not just about numbers, he can barely run.

Great fightback to get a draw, glad they didn't lose, unlucky not to steal the win.

Paton was 50 metres out and pressured and skied it the second kick was smothered. It wasnt his fault the didnt win.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back