WRFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Nup, was Fawkner (have 1996 fixture book), but more importantly, my point is I don't think the distances from the EDFL's furthest away to the WRFL's furthest away would make any merger unworkable. Any merger probably seniors only, you wouldn't ask parents to drive their kids that far.
13 clubs gone forever from that list

Ok i dont know the guy ..average on your opinion ok..but why a shittter bloke.? Is he loud ? Is he boisterous? I wanna know why..keyboard baggers are the worst
His work rate is top notch I’ll give him that. However, he will very easily disappear and sook when things aren’t going his way, and then berate team mates on the field. Once his upset the dirty cheap shots behind play or late start to show. Also heard on multiple occasions the disrespect he has shown after the game to the opposition players and volunteers. Not the sort of captain I’d want to play under or represent my club.

Keyboard worrier or just a man answering a question honestly? Take a look at my original comments. 6 other people clearly agree with me. 👍🏼

His work rate is top notch I’ll give him that. However, he will very easily disappear and sook when things aren’t going his way, and then berate team mates on the field. Once his upset the dirty cheap shots behind play or late start to show. Also heard on multiple occasions the disrespect he has shown after the game to the opposition players and volunteers. Not the sort of captain I’d want to play under or represent my club.

Keyboard worrier or just a man answering a question honestly? Take a look at my original comments. 6 other people clearly agree with me. 👍🏼
Never sooks. Sure he questions his teamates and that is what a captain should do when his teammates do not follow instructions from the coach. There are no cheap shots from Spiros. His stock in trade is the very aggressive tackle of the opposing player with the ball. He tackles so hard that the pathetic wrfl umpires feel compelled to often reward the tackled player with a free when it should be holding the ball!. Many of the opposition players and their volunteer mouthpieces deserve no respect for the way they conduct themselves throughout the game by hurling abuse his way throughout the game. Would you go and shake hands with a feral who has abused you over the fence all game?.

Spiros is a fine player suburban level. Kwame been a standout in this comp and couldn’t cut it at VFL level at Willy or Port who were stand alone clubs. To suggest Spiros should be playing AFL is a stretch. As for his character think another poster said can only judge on a couple of games per season but being appointed captain of a club suggests he’s probably a decent bloke if you know him.

Spiros is a fine player suburban level. Kwame been a standout in this comp and couldn’t cut it at VFL level at Willy or Port who were stand alone clubs. To suggest Spiros should be playing AFL is a stretch. As for his character think another poster said can only judge on a couple of games per season but being appointed captain of a club suggests he’s probably a decent bloke if you know him.
I can feel a conspiracy theory coming on. 😂

Never sooks. Sure he questions his teamates and that is what a captain should do when his teammates do not follow instructions from the coach. There are no cheap shots from Spiros. His stock in trade is the very aggressive tackle of the opposing player with the ball. He tackles so hard that the pathetic wrfl umpires feel compelled to often reward the tackled player with a free when it should be holding the ball!. Many of the opposition players and their volunteer mouthpieces deserve no respect for the way they conduct themselves throughout the game by hurling abuse his way throughout the game. Would you go and shake hands with a feral who has abused you over the fence all game?.
He is a great player but if you think there’s no cheap shots from Spiros you are delusional. Seen him numerous times snot blokes 50m off the ball, in packs, he’s nothing but a sniper

Last edited by a moderator:
He is a great player but if you think there’s no cheap shots from Spiros you are delusional. Seen him numerous times snot blokes 50m off the ball, in packs, he’s nothing but a sniper
Gee whiz let’s leave this alone. Not ideal potting a bloke continually on this forum.

Also if this is occurring during a game get one of your players to go and sort him out. Surely if his doing that stuff his not overly tough so just go and sort it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
laughable. The only delusional person around here is you. As I described he tackles very hard and the pretty boys from Altona & other clubs do not take kindly to that. If he has snot a bloke 50m off the ball it would only be in retaliation to them running by and giving him a clip when he wasn't looking. He is genuinely tough and my observations are that the 99% of players are shite scared of him. Snipers are second to the ball. Sprios is not second to the ball often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

laughable. The only delusional person around here is you. As I described he tackles very hard and the pretty boys from Altona & other clubs do not take kindly to that. If he has snot a bloke 50m off the ball it would only be in retaliation to them running by and giving him a clip when he wasn't looking. He is genuinely tough and my observations are that the 99% of players are shite scared of him. Snipers are second to the ball. Sprios is not second to the ball often.
Take the blinkers off bud. I watched him from less than 5 metres away coward punch a kid while he was getting up from the bottom of a pack. Kid missed 2 weeks with concussion and then Covid stopped the season. I get you want to defend your mate/bloke.from your Club, but you're not being objective on this one.

Take the blinkers off bud. I watched him from less than 5 metres away coward punch a kid while he was getting up from the bottom of a pack. Kid missed 2 weeks with concussion and then Covid stopped the season. I get you want to defend your mate/bloke.from your Club, but you're not being objective on this one.
No mate. I was there right in front of where it happened. The kid got hit as he was tackled just to the northern side of the altona rooms. That is not a coward punch. Then the Altona heavies came in hard and pummeled Spiros. Altona then ran and sooked to wrfl and Spiros got suspended. There were no reports on the day. Altona ran to wrfl and Deer Park stayed silent on what followed the incident. Kennedy nearly took Spiros head off in the 2019 Grand Final and nothing happened to Kennedy and the umpires just turned a blind eye. What are your thoughts on that or are you that one eyed?

Could not agree more.

Average justification for his actions after the game by stating he is treated poorly by opposition supporters. If anything, players are often targeted by opposition supporters when they are seen playing dirty (cheap shots or late hits).

Can’t wait for the classic “WRFL is weak and out to get Deer Park” response.

No mate. I was there right in front of where it happened. The kid got hit as he was tackled just to the northern side of the altona rooms. That is not a coward punch. Then the Altona heavies came in hard and pummeled Spiros. Altona then ran and sooked to wrfl and Spiros got suspended. There were no reports on the day. Altona ran to wrfl and Deer Park stayed silent on what followed the incident. Kennedy nearly took Spiros head off in the 2019 Grand Final and nothing happened to Kennedy and the umpires just turned a blind eye. What are your thoughts on that or are you that one eyed?
There was no report on the day as it happened that far away from the ball in play. It was then found and seen at the tribunal in the background of the recording of the game, hence why he was found guilty. As for the Kennedy incident in the GF I can’t talk to as I do not know of it.

FFS. Not this story again!

There was no report on the day as it happened that far away from the ball in play. It was then found and seen at the tribunal in the background of the recording of the game, hence why he was found guilty. As for the Kennedy incident in the GF I can’t talk to as I do not know of it.
Incorrect. The ball was in play. It happened right in front of me.

Must have been standing next to me then. Literally. You're right though, Altona did go to the WRFL. The reason he was suspended is because the allegation was proven to be 100% accurate due to video footage. Would have got off otherwise. But you do you.

Kennedy is a fair player mate. No need to swoop that low and bring up his name.

The footage clearly showed the young altona fella on his hands and knees after the ball was cleared from the area and Spiros punching him in the face from behind, was a disgusting act and he got what he deserved.
There’s no place for that in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back