FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Me too. It always makes me want to go and watch it again.
I wish I could see a few of those gotcha moments in great TV shows again (like The Good Place S1 finale)

I remember not liking the last season of Luther all that much so I delayed watching the movie, but I finally got around to it and it was terrible, basically a rehash of a concept from a Black Mirror episode but done worse
Love Luther, liked the last season. But I’ve heard awful things about the movie so I’m not going to bother.

I really want to go back in time and hit up Westworld Season 1 in a sitting (watched it on planes whilst travelling and was spellbound even when watching on a phone).
While I think they lost the plot a little with it as it went on, that first season is one of the best single seasons of any show, ever, IMHO. It's just brilliant.

Last edited:
While I think they lost the plot a little with it as it went on, ray first season is one of the best single seasons of any show, ever, IMHO. It's just brilliant.
Agreed - I would suggest to anyone to stop at season 1.

Utterly breathtaking television.

Agreed - I would suggest to anyone to stop at season 1.

Utterly breathtaking television.
I still like season 2 very much (season 3 less so and season 4 somewhere inbetween), but - and I'm only guessing - but it looked like the writers were at fault for trying to be a little too clever, and it backfired.

I really want to go back in time and hit up Westworld Season 1 in a sitting (watched it on planes whilst travelling and was spellbound even when watching on a phone).
Reminds me of when I tried to watch "Wolf of Wall Street" on an Emirates flight to Dubai about 10 years ago. With all of the editing that the highly conservative Islamic-owned airline imposed on it, the original 180 minute movie ended up going for less than 100 minutes onboard 🤣

I'd imagine that first season of Westworld might cop a decent hiding from the onboard censors too.

I’m watching the Australian version of Jeopardy! at the moment.

Looks like it’s Australian contestants on the US set with a UK host.

Stephen Fry is a terrible host of the show - he’s given at least 4 incorrect answers as correct (how many warnings to phrase the answer as a question do you have to give). Plus he comes across as smug and arrogant - especially when he whined all the way through the Ashes category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m watching the Australian version of Jeopardy! at the moment.

Looks like it’s Australian contestants on the US set with a UK host.

Stephen Fry is a terrible host of the show - he’s given at least 4 incorrect answers as correct (how many warnings to phrase the answer as a question do you have to give). Plus he comes across as smug and arrogant - especially when he whined all the way through the Ashes category.
I just watched this after being reminded of it

Oh boy. I agree Fry is not good. There was a point he talked naturally quick and was ok but I felt he was very school mastery and it came across as if he was speaking to simpletons

The extra round and the money amounts also threw me

Overall I'm not sure I will go out of my way to watch it

I just watched this after being reminded of it

Oh boy. I agree Fry is not good. There was a point he talked naturally quick and was ok but I felt he was very school mastery and it came across as if he was speaking to simpletons

The extra round and the money amounts also threw me

Overall I'm not sure I will go out of my way to watch it

After watching that, I found an ep of the original 1993 series on You Tube, and besides Tony Barber hosting the game a lot better than Fry, the dollar values in the current version are actually less than what were offered in the 1993 version.

The extra round to pad the game out to an hour is unnecessary. Just play the normal 3 rounds over half an hour.

Don't suppose Tony wants to come out of retirement?

A Gentleman in Moscow, on paramount.
Read the book a few years ago, to me, it is (the book) a masterpiece.
The series is a faithful adaption but there was no way it could fully do justice to the wonderful syntax and beauty of the book.
That said, the series is quite lovely, largely due to the performance of Ewan McGregor in the lead role.

Started Fallout today, really good 3 eps in
5 episodes tonight and fully onboard

Bits of Brave New World, Mad Max BT and maybe a hint of Westworld

Ive never played the game have no clue at all but just enjoying the world created

5 episodes tonight and fully onboard

Bits of Brave New World, Mad Max BT and maybe a hint of Westworld

Ive never played the game have no clue at all but just enjoying the world created
The world created in the games is one of my favourite of all time. It’s such a deep story and there is so much world building it’s crazy.

I’m rewatching Gilmore Girls for probably the 3rd or 4th time. I honestly think it’s an amazing show. Not for everyone of course but to me there’s something special about it. I love the journey the characters go on, their ups and downs, the humour, the music, it’s just got a great blend.

Season 2 of Blue Lights now up on SBS on Demand. Only 1 episode in, but looks to be matching the exceptional quality of season 1. Don't miss it
I'm still not over Season 1!

Screenshot_20240425_182648_Samsung Internet.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back