FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ripley, the 2024 version.
I'm a few eps in. It's about a scamster on a mission to Italy to send home to the US a son of a wealthy family.
Sounds pretty meh and it cruises along that way, but things change.
But it's the camera work, the lighting, the acting that all make this a modern noir in the true sense of the art.
Haven't seen anything like it in a long time.

I'm a few eps in. It's about a scamster on a mission to Italy to send home to the US a son of a wealthy family.
But it's the camera work, the lighting, the acting that all make this a modern noir in the true sense of the art.
Have you seen the 90s flick with Matt Damon?

No. It's not really the story for me at this stage. It's the remarkable visual stimulation.
But I'll have a look at the movie.
I havent seen the show but reading the reviews the story is fleshed out alot more at the expense of the entertainment.

The movie is sensational and well worth a look.

It's wonderful. Loved everything you're describing about it.

The pacing is not for everyone, but meh, I'm never in any great hurry to finish a quality show.

It's wonderful. Loved everything you're describing about it.

The pacing is not for everyone, but meh, I'm never in any great hurry to finish a quality show.

Noticed the music and background sounds in the closing credits?
From what I can gather, this series is the closest visualisation of the book so far produced.

My wife and I are really behind the times on watching TV shows but are currently into season 3 of Parks and Rec. ******* love it. Perfect cast, superbly written and very funny.

Fantastic show. It really hits it stride when Ben and Chris are introduced late in the 2nd season. Adam Scott and Rob Lowe just play their characters brilliantly.

Fantastic show. It really hits it stride when Ben and Chris are introduced late in the 2nd season. Adam Scott and Rob Lowe just play their characters brilliantly.

Absolutely, Rob Lowe is brilliant. I'm also very fond of Ron Swanson, a full blown libertarian in charge of a government department.

Absolutely, Rob Lowe is brilliant. I'm also very fond of Ron Swanson, a full blown libertarian in charge of a government department.

The great thing about Ron is that his love of woodworking and Lagavulin are actually two things that Nick Offerman loves although the Lagavulin stuff was a pure coincidence. I also don't know if you know but the actress playing Tammy 2 is his real life wife.

Ron is also a just great character in general as I think most people see a bit of themselves in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grace & Frankie

Heard a lot of good things about this over the years but never watched it until now. Way better than I imagined and I'm partway through season 5.

It's honestly up there as one of my favourite shows already. Great cast and great writing too.

5 old ladies out of 5

Re watched The Sopranos over the last couple of months and now starting The Wire. Could never get past season 1, tried about 3 times. This time I have watched a re cap and started with season 2 and I am hooked 😂
An season 2 is the weakest, season 1 links better with season 3 and 4 as it follows the same characters.

Could never get past season 1, tried about 3 times. This time I have watched a re cap and started with season 2 and I am hooked 😂
I finally finished it late last year for the first time, and now I'm going through it again and am almost finished season 2. I honestly believe it's the best show ever made. Just ahead of Deadwood and The Sopranos.

An season 2 is the weakest, season 1 links better with season 3 and 4 as it follows the same characters.
But, it's still a great season. As Lester Freamon says, "all the pieces matter".

Really struggled through season 2 and it was only after watching the series that I saw this on wiki and it kind of all made sense (spoiler just in case peeps are still watching and don’t want to know the themes):

Set and produced in Baltimore, Maryland, The Wireintroduces a different institution of the city and its relationship to law enforcement in each season while retaining characters and advancing storylines from previous seasons. The five subjects are, in chronological order; the illegal drug trade, the port system, the city government and bureaucracy, education and schools, and the print news medium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back