FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I went back to the final few episodes of Mr Robot - I must have fallen asleep in the last one I watched. I recognised the beginning and end but not a whole chunk of the middle.
I started a rewatch a couple of weeks ago and am already into Sesaon 3. It's so damn good, but a completely different experience on a rewatch knowing things that I didn't know first time around.

I watched the first two eps. It's good but very slow. It's a worry if you say not much is explained by the end of the first season.

It isn't explained but there is enough to pick up on what is happening as it goes on. What it doesn't explain is how or why.

Upgraded to the bluray version of Friday Night Lights.... but think it's too soon to watch it again

In saying that I needed a laugh and re-started another viewing of Frasier (really my second, but technically could be considered my third season run through... if I do a complete series run lol). Burned through the first season between Sunday - Thursday and should (if I keep it up) get through the entire series in under 11 weeks, dare I say it but probably within 7-8.

Still to watch - Love my way

And I'm finally updating my external hard drives so I can start ripping Better Call Saul, it's only been sitting still sealed and unwatched for months now :p

Finally watching Fleabag at my bestie’s insistence. Giggled my arse off through the first two eps, looking forward to watching more.
It's good we only got around to it last year I think

Recently finished watching WeCrashed, the AppleTV+ mini-series about the real life story of an entrepreneur couple and their business that grew to be worth $47b dollars as a private company before hitting some hurdles.

Its well shot and brilliantly acted by Jared Leto and Anne Hathaway, and quite irritating because the main characters aren't likable in any way. But it was an interesting series about what I assume must have been a pretty big story that I have somehow never heard about despite it being fairly recent

Just finished this tonight, was searching to see if anyone else had watched it.

Absolutely loved it. I'm a bit of a Jared Leto hater, but he was brilliant. He really brings out the duality Adam Neuman - captivating and repulsive at the same time.

Quiet on the Set

******* Hollywood man
I enjoyed it overall - but I didn't like how they glossed over what Drake Bell's been up to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed it overall - but I didn't like how they glossed over what Drake Bell's been up to.
there's two parts to that

the drugs the DUI etc yeah i think that is just a pretty common reaction to trying to hide trauma, we have so many examples of that

we see it over and over again, I think people are starting to accept that

another thing that comes up frequently is victims of abuse also becoming abusers and yeah they very much did not really go into what he did because that is not something people can sympathize with

they didn't 100% pretend nothing happened but they really just said hey something happened and Drake says it was misrepresented

i never followed any of this stuff so I have no idea how far he went, obviously online grooming can lead to much worse and the sense I got was he was doing that but no mention of going beyond that in the doco but we only watched it today so I've not looked further yet

there's two parts to that

the drugs the DUI etc yeah i think that is just a pretty common reaction to trying to hide trauma, we have so many examples of that

we see it over and over again, I think people are starting to accept that

another thing that comes up frequently is victims of abuse also becoming abusers and yeah they very much did not really go into what he did because that is not something people can sympathize with

they didn't 100% pretend nothing happened but they really just said hey something happened and Drake says it was misrepresented

i never followed any of this stuff so I have no idea how far he went, obviously online grooming can lead to much worse and the sense I got was he was doing that but no mention of going beyond that in the doco but we only watched it today so I've not looked further yet

If you believe his accuser, he sexually assaulted a minor - but he was charged with a lesser crime. On QoTS he touches on it like he got picked up for shoplifting lol

If you believe his accuser, he sexually assaulted a minor - but he was charged with a lesser crime. On QoTS he touches on it like he got picked up for shoplifting lol
it sounds like he did to her what was done to him

and he got a lesser sentence like Peck did

if anything it shows that the systems in place dont protect or seek justice for victims

that aside there is another issue around good victims

you talk about the terrible things Drake has done as an adult after the trauma of being abused as a child and people stop sympathizing with what happened to him as a child

its s**t but its reality so they gloss over stuff

the facts are as a kid he was abused

as an adult he was also abusive

what happened to him may go some way to explain what he did, the same as it goes some way to explain his substance abuse

the difference is the substance abuse primarily hurt him, the assault on another person is very different

Quiet on the Set

******* Hollywood man
Just came in to post myself.
We are 3 eps in, really hard watch at times.

The Drake example is hard. I get that what he did shouldn't be glossed over.... but also, the snippets that come up of the Police report surrounding what Drake was put through..... Good lord no wonder he was messed up

Just came in to post myself.
We are 3 eps in, really hard watch at times.

The Drake example is hard. I get that what he did shouldn't be glossed over.... but also, the snippets that come up of the Police report surrounding what Drake was put through..... Good lord no wonder he was messed up
yeah its the problem with good victim narratives, that somehow what he did after those terrible things happened lessens the impact of what happened to him

all these child stars that go "off the rails" when you look at what they went through, yeah no s**t

I read up a little on what he was accused of doing a couple of years ago and its so sad that we see victims of abuse so often repeating the cycle and abusing others

we just really don't understand trauma and the real damage that doesn't go away

Selected something out of left field as my next tv series binge

513908-Product-1-I-637526297347338962.jpg
Finished BB and what else were you watching?

Quite a bit more out there about Drake's own history of being an abuser and yeah Engimal v3 you're right about how much they glossed it over

Finished BB and what else were you watching?

Just a few odds and ends. MAFS (as sad as it is) was my main TV show binge in recent times.

I'm in season 3 of Frasier right now - 2 seasons in not even 2 weeks. But then it's not a major accomplishment considering most eps are 21-22 minutes each.

Just a few odds and ends. MAFS (as sad as it is) was my main TV show binge in recent times.

I'm in season 3 of Frasier right now - 2 seasons in not even 2 weeks. But then it's not a major accomplishment considering most eps are 21-22 minutes each.

Wow, you have a wide view of shows .

Wow, you have a wide view of shows .

My taste varies

I'll start Better Call Saul once I start ripping the bluray discs.

I've also been watching more episodes from the Baywatch 24/7 channel. As it replays every 7-9 days I've pretty much watched most episodes MANY times over lol.

Contemplating a return to 24 (again) although if I start it it'll be 5 months earlier than my usual September start time.

May also restart a Curb Your Enthusiasm run through, it's been about a year since my last time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back