WFL Whispers 2013.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting next two weeks in WFL with top 4 teams playing off:

Round 7 Dimmy v Burras & Saints v Demons
Round 8 Dimmy v Saints & Burras v Demons

My tip is there won't be an unbeaten side after round 8

Be aware this is only the Stawell sides version of events! It is quite unprofessional of this bloke to try and use the media to support his case when the other team is stating no comment until the investigation has been completed.

Hopefully whoever through the first punch gets punished severly for starting this melee. If the league commisioner was there and hasnt forced this coach to stand down obviously is more to it. Nhill would not stand by their coach if they believed he attacked an umpire and i beleive he has their full support.

I wasnt at the game but have heard quite the opposite to what is being said in the media. Who attacked who first still needs to be confirmed and hopefully the truth comes out in the both the league and police investigations and justice prevails.

Still standing by there coach even though he is suspended until 2020?? Case has been heard so time for you all who were supposedly biting your lip to spill the beans! Still can't believe he wasnt stood down at least temporarily until case was heard. Surely the outcome justifys this opinion??

Still standing by there coach even though he is suspended until 2020?? Case has been heard so time for you all who were supposedly biting your lip to spill the beans! Still can't believe he wasnt stood down at least temporarily until case was heard. Surely the outcome justifys this opinion??

Who says the tribunal got it right. Unless they were there, their just going from hear say. I wasn't there but heard the goal umpire threw the 1st punch and the coach retaliated. There's 2 different sides to the story. Obviously umpires are protected so weavel was always going to get a massive fine even if he did just retaliate.

Who says the tribunal got it right. Unless they were there, their just going from hear say. I wasn't there but heard the goal umpire threw the 1st punch and the coach retaliated. There's 2 different sides to the story. Obviously umpires are protected so weavel was always going to get a massive fine even if he did just retaliate.

Is this tribuneral the same one that let gavin kelm off on a technicality after re offending whilst having a suspended sentance hanging over his head the other year??? No surprise there if it was. Very harsh suspensions, hopefully they are both reduced!

I also heard that the goal ump through punches first, maybe it would need to be proven in a court of law as self defence to save the coach some considerable amount of time on the sidelines... either way this issue is way above this incompetent tribunerals head.

Both teams and supporters will swear black and blue for their man to a tribuneral, wonder if some people would stick to their guns under oath if it was a police/court matter!

Is this tribuneral the same one that let gavin kelm off on a technicality after re offending whilst having a suspended sentance hanging over his head the other year??? No surprise there if it was. Very harsh suspensions, hopefully they are both reduced!

I also heard that the goal ump through punches first, maybe it would need to be proven in a court of law as self defence to save the coach some considerable amount of time on the sidelines... either way this issue is way above this incompetent tribunerals head.

Both teams and supporters will swear black and blue for their man to a tribuneral, wonder if some people would stick to their guns under oath if it was a police/court matter!
So what now for Nhill. Is the Coach de-registered and no longer allowed to be the Coach? Who is going to be their coach from now on?
Is an appeal likely? Could get life at an appeal hearing!

Sounds like you are the one relying on hearsay. The tribunal would have heard from actual eye witnesses which is not hearsay. Bottom line, Weavell should not have approached an umpire during the game, better to have his captain bring up any issue with the Central Umpires. The whole thing would not have happended if WFUA were still supplying goal umpires.

Sounds like you are the one relying on hearsay. The tribunal would have heard from actual eye witnesses which is not hearsay. Bottom line, Weavell should not have approached an umpire during the game, better to have his captain bring up any issue with the Central Umpires. The whole thing would not have happended if WFUA were still supplying goal umpires.

Actual Eye witnesses have 2 different stories though. I agree he shouldn't have approached the goal ump

C

True, this issue would not have happened if it were neutral umpires and like you said, the coach probably shouldnt have approached and left it to the captain however if he was the one who copped the punch first im sure he wasnt anticipating that happening!

Would have thought Nhill would appeal for sure, coach isnt getting any younger so 7 year ban might be the end for him anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a bit surprised with how easy Horsham won today in the end, the Saints looked very slow & Horsham had too much skill & speed for them. Gavin Kelm was the only Saints forward who looked dangerous.

It won't get any easier for the Saints next weekend either as they come up against a red hot Dimboola outfit who absolutely smashed Minyip Murtoa in the last half. Ash Clugston would have to be the best player in the league for mine, he can do it all & along with Lachie Exell form a pretty awesome duo in the forward line.

Was a bit surprised with how easy Horsham won today in the end, the Saints looked very slow & Horsham had too much skill & speed for them. Gavin Kelm was the only Saints forward who looked dangerous.

It won't get any easier for the Saints next weekend either as they come up against a red hot Dimboola outfit who absolutely smashed Minyip Murtoa in the last half. Ash Clugston would have to be the best player in the league for mine, he can do it all & along with Lachie Exell form a pretty awesome duo in the forward line.
Looks as though the saints are pretenders again there abouts making up finals numbers!!

Horsham saints looked to be way to slow with the demons getting better each game. Dee's have to much speed with Tyler blake and john wood running a muck.I agree, Ash clugston is a freak, cant see anyone being able to shut him down, Dimmy are the side this year. and scary to see Peter Macfarlane back in 3 weeks.

Horsham saints looked to be way to slow with the demons getting better each game. Dee's have to much speed with Tyler blake and john wood running a muck.I agree, Ash clugston is a freak, cant see anyone being able to shut him down, Dimmy are the side this year. and scary to see Peter Macfarlane back in 3 weeks.

Ash clugston, Lachie exell and Peter macfarlane up forward?, just going to be hectic for other sides.

STAWELL COACH TIM SEYMOR HAS QUIT AS COACH OF THE STAWELL WARRIORS AS OF YESTERDAY. REASONS STILL UNCLEAR AT THIS STAGE BUT SURLY THIS CANT BE GOOD NEWS FOR THE ALREADY STRUGGLING WARRIORS, TOOK A PUNT ON SEYMOR WHICH CLEARLY HASN'T PAID OFF. DARK DARK DAYS AHEAD FOR THE LADS DOWN AT CENTRAL PARK, SHANE FIELD TO TAKE OVER FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR.

Interesting contribution from gold buttons in tomorrow program, pleading for more independent goal umpires to join their group.

Ummmm sorry, but didn't you have plenty of independent goalies once upon a time? Oh that's right, you sacked em! Good luck recruiting enough now that games are allowed to get out of control and goalies are assaulted!

Speaking of goal umpires, he and Weavell now have matching suspensions

Absolute joke that old mate Weavel only got 1 and 1/2 years!! How can you get away with hitting an umpire? Even if Morris whacked him first, he shouldn't have confronted him in the first place right...
If a player gets ticked off this weekend and hits someone, same result? Very disappointing

It is effectively life, as it takes him outside the 16 week deregistration clause in the Vic country laws. He can apply to have his de registration overturned, in which case he would be basically on a final warning, so much as 1 report he's gone no exceptions.

Absolute joke that old mate Weavel only got 1 and 1/2 years!! How can you get away with hitting an umpire? Even if Morris whacked him first, he shouldn't have confronted him in the first place right...
If a player gets ticked off this weekend and hits someone, same result? Very disappointing

Yes the coach should not have confronted the umpire. Also the umpire should not have been abusing Nhill players causing this... however if Weavall got whacked first a man is entitled to self defence whether it is on a footy field or in a dark alleyway. Whether or not this is the real story only those who witnessed it will probably ever know.

It takes two to tango so it was good to see that the official wasnt given immunity and was also held accountable for his part in the mellee. In a photo it is clearly him on top of weavall, would have thought you would be on the bottom if you werent a willing participant!

A sad and limited response from the tribuneral that made $2500 for a few hours work, only said the ban was too harsh not why or what truths came out in the appeal so the real story and facts of what happened is obviously never going to come out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back