WFL Whispers 2013.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't agree more Slenko. Disgrace of a setup. Why let all the cars in? No where to stand and watch. Shocking ground for spectators. Missus was spewing about the toilet setup. Why not have food and grog on both sides?

Was a great day Saturday, good for the nhill fc and good to see the grandfinal played somewhere that finally disadvantaged a Horsham team, they (well 2 of the 3) have had it far too easy for too long in this league.
Cant remember this much whinging when the grand final was at Ararat and I wouldn't say they did a better job as hosts that's for sure.
Horsham people think the league revolves solely around themselves and its good to see 'gold buttons' gave these small minded people a reality check and reminded them their are in fact other clubs in the league.
Chicks toilets is an issue anywhere with a big crowd whether it be city oval or minyip, if they didn't take so long the cue would be much quicker!

2004 was last time a WFL GF was played in Horsham so not sure what you are on Oldbomber. Again I reiterate it is not about the clubs it is about the consumer. Take your product to the people and increase your sales! WFL GF should not be about disadvantaging anyone, that is bias if not blatant cheating. Ararat had catering outlets at north end of ground near netball courts as well as on main west side of ground. They did a much better job!

Fair to say the Nhill ground struggled with a big crowd. Question is, are clubs willing to play at City Oval in a GF if the Demons are in it? Some say the home ground advantage evaporates in GF's, and if you are good enough you will win anyway. As long as the other finals games are shared around, it's makes some sense to play your biggest game of the year at a major complex that is pretty much central geographically in the league like City Oval.

Whilst real men are gracious in defeat, they are also gracious in victory. Dimboola players sending pics of the premiership cup to Horsham players is plain childish. I would suggest the amount of real silverware at Horsham clubrooms they dont need photos of a premiership cup. After winning 1 cup in just under 30 years might be suggested best practice to keep it to yourselves.

Whilst real men are gracious in defeat, they are also gracious in victory. Dimboola players sending pics of the premiership cup to Horsham players is plain childish. I would suggest the amount of real silverware at Horsham clubrooms they dont need photos of a premiership cup. After winning 1 cup in just under 30 years might be suggested best practice to keep it to yourselves.

Really? Wow, a little uncool. However, If it was the sacked coach of Horsham who was a big part of the reason they won 10 flags sending it to the Horsham president then I could understand that...

Really? Wow, a little uncool. However, If it was the sacked coach of Horsham who was a big part of the reason they won 10 flags sending it to the Horsham president then I could understand that...

For starters the coach was not sacked, from what I hear, he resigned and then changed his mind. But lets put that aside. If Stuey was to be spiteful the only person he is hurting is himself. All footy clubs will move on from any 1 individual. Stuey would hopefully have great memories of an unprecendented 10 year period. By not turning up to reunions and being spiteful to the club he is the loser as other people who enjoyed this successful era will enjoy the memories and rekindle the stories regardless of him being there or not. The only person who will be deprived of that enjoyment is himself. And for the record the calls and the pictures were not made/sent to the president.

For starters the coach was not sacked, from what I hear, he resigned and then changed his mind. But lets put that aside. If Stuey was to be spiteful the only person he is hurting is himself. All footy clubs will move on from any 1 individual. Stuey would hopefully have great memories of an unprecendented 10 year period. By not turning up to reunions and being spiteful to the club he is the loser as other people who enjoyed this successful era will enjoy the memories and rekindle the stories regardless of him being there or not. The only person who will be deprived of that enjoyment is himself. And for the record the calls and the pictures were not made/sent to the president.

He was sacked and shat all over by the club he lived and breathed for. Surely this is the greatest sporting blunder in the history of the WFL? To sack and then character assassinate a club champion is a disgrace and has come back to bite Horsham where it hurts. http://www.news.com.au/sport/flags-cant-save-horsham-coach-stuart-farr/story-fnekuu1k-1226490796354.
To date Stuart has been too dignified to respond to the lies from Horsham and I guess now he doesn't need to.

Fair to say the Nhill ground struggled with a big crowd. Question is, are clubs willing to play at City Oval in a GF if the Demons are in it? Some say the home ground advantage evaporates in GF's, and if you are good enough you will win anyway. As long as the other finals games are shared around, it's makes some sense to play your biggest game of the year at a major complex that is pretty much central geographically in the league like City Oval.

This is how it happens in the Central Murray League. The GF is always at the Swan Hill Showgrounds regardless of whether Swan Hill make it or not. Swan Hill's winning percentage over the journey has not been super so the perceived home ground advantage that they get hasn't transpired

This is how it happens in the Central Murray League. The GF is always at the Swan Hill Showgrounds regardless of whether Swan Hill make it or not. Swan Hill's winning percentage over the journey has not been super so the perceived home ground advantage that they get hasn't transpired

The Horsham City Oval is generally considered soulless and there are numerous issues at other grounds where the grandfinal has been held in the past. The decision to play at Nhill was an experiment that may not have passed muster. Several years ago the grandfinal was played at Ararat....there was a similar outcry before game day but it ended up being one of the best attended grandfinals in recent times, this was despite Horsham Demons being well featured who have an appalling following.

He was sacked and shat all over by the club he lived and breathed for. Surely this is the greatest sporting blunder in the history of the WFL? To sack and then character assassinate a club champion is a disgrace and has come back to bite Horsham where it hurts. http://www.news.com.au/sport/flags-cant-save-horsham-coach-stuart-farr/story-fnekuu1k-1226490796354.
To date Stuart has been too dignified to respond to the lies from Horsham and I guess now he doesn't need to.

The lies from Horsham? I'm sorry Fancy didn't know you were a board member there and sat in on the discussions and can guarantee that Stuarts side of the story is correct and Horshams (which you have never mentioned who from Horsham you actually speak to to get these 'lies' from) is not.
While the club may not have gone about hiring of their coaches for 2013 the right way, no one was sacked and the only sh*t that is on Stuey is the stuff that's coming from your mouth.
And you may see it as a blunder but i'm sure Horsham is pretty happy it's not shelling out an extra $16K to repair damage to the Harrow pub!
I also don't think Horsham were hurting too much Saturday night when they were celebrating 8 out of 11 premierships available on Saturday. And yes you may say they didn't get the 'big one' but after watching some of their juniors on display on the weekend I think it's obvious they're happy to give up one or two now for a tilt at another 5-10 in a few years time.

Oh and i'm not sure how you know that city oval is soulless because i thought animals were banned from that joint.

The lies from Horsham? I'm sorry Fancy didn't know you were a board member there and sat in on the discussions and can guarantee that Stuarts side of the story is correct and Horshams (which you have never mentioned who from Horsham you actually speak to to get these 'lies' from) is not.
While the club may not have gone about hiring of their coaches for 2013 the right way, no one was sacked and the only sh*t that is on Stuey is the stuff that's coming from your mouth.
And you may see it as a blunder but i'm sure Horsham is pretty happy it's not shelling out an extra $16K to repair damage to the Harrow pub!
I also don't think Horsham were hurting too much Saturday night when they were celebrating 8 out of 11 premierships available on Saturday. And yes you may say they didn't get the 'big one' but after watching some of their juniors on display on the weekend I think it's obvious they're happy to give up one or two now for a tilt at another 5-10 in a few years time.

Oh and i'm not sure how you know that city oval is soulless because i thought animals were banned from that joint.

Pritty funny how $3,500 turns into $16,000 when someone feels they need defend there case of "lies" and defends it with more lies.
your just a idiot mate.

Insinuating that Stuart was to blame for the damage at the Harrow Hotel is a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back