WFL Whispers 2013.....

Remove this Banner Ad

I can confirm that there have been numerous posts taken from this site regarding the incident at the Horsham Saints Club rooms a few weeks ago. I can also confirm that there are yet to be charges laid against those involved.

So now we enter the finals with Horsham Saints vs Minyip Murtoa & Horsham vs Warrack Eagles next weekend. Dimboola have the week off.

I would predict Horsham to beat Warrack fairly comfortably although the Eagles could challenge at times they just won't be able to stay with them for 4 quarters. Horsham by 40 pts.

In the other game I think this is a real toss of the coin with both sides in fairly poor form. If Butsch & Kelm fire then I would expect the Saints to win, but I feel the saints rely on these two players a fair bit. I expect Delahunty from the burras to have a big match as he is a class player. Maybe the Saints just by 12 pts.

Looking forward to watching Dimboola in the finals as they will have a lot of pressure on them with most people expecting them to make the grand final & having not won a premiership since 1985. They look the real deal though.

So now we enter the finals with Horsham Saints vs Minyip Murtoa & Horsham vs Warrack Eagles next weekend. Dimboola have the week off.

I would predict Horsham to beat Warrack fairly comfortably although the Eagles could challenge at times they just won't be able to stay with them for 4 quarters. Horsham by 40 pts.

In the other game I think this is a real toss of the coin with both sides in fairly poor form. If Butsch & Kelm fire then I would expect the Saints to win, but I feel the saints rely on these two players a fair bit. I expect Delahunty from the burras to have a big match as he is a class player. Maybe the Saints just by 12 pts.

Looking forward to watching Dimboola in the finals as they will have a lot of pressure on them with most people expecting them to make the grand final & having not won a premiership since 1985. They look the real deal though.

Who knows with Demons and Warrack. Warrack will most likey have rebels players back in which will include Jess murphy. so it can make this interesting. they did beat them round 1. but all sides have gotten better and peter weir is in great form.

I think saints will roll Murtoa by a fair bit. Murtoa choke in finals more so than saints.

Dimmy will defeat who ever they face in two weeks time and go onto take this year out. they are just to damn good. In the Dry players like exell and clugston will kill the Dees.
sorry to say. 6 goal win in the granny.

Do the Saints get back their Rebels players? Tucker, Richards, Mellington & O'Beirne? Would be handy inclusions. Won't matter too much. Roos & Dees 10 goal better sides than the rest. Year of the Roo!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Did anyone see the matches this w-end? Looks like both games were pretty one sided.
Yes, went to both games. Horsham were awesome..74 points kicked to 3/4 time and another 76 points kicked in the last quarter. Having said that Warracknabeal were very hard at it all day, but were very shattered after the game. I did note that Dimboola players were there but left at 3/4 time, they would be left wondering what happened in the last quarter.
Saints and M/M game was very lack lustre and showed why they ended up 4th and 5th.
Every week in finals is a different game and I wouldn't like to predict the winners our of either Saturday or Sundays final.

Yes, went to both games. Horsham were awesome..74 points kicked to 3/4 time and another 76 points kicked in the last quarter. Having said that Warracknabeal were very hard at it all day, but were very shattered after the game. I did note that Dimboola players were there but left at 3/4 time, they would be left wondering what happened in the last quarter.
Saints and M/M game was very lack lustre and showed why they ended up 4th and 5th.
Every week in finals is a different game and I wouldn't like to predict the winners our of either Saturday or Sundays final.
Going out on a limb a bit but I recon Horsham has the minerals again dummy will finish the year very disappointed one feels

think saints will have to work very hard against warrack this week, as warrack would be very dissapointedd in their result against Horsham.
don't think the rebels players for saints are much of an inclusion as they are very outside players not used to the bigger bodies, most of them overrated compared to last years crop

So the Grand Final is apparently in Nhill. Surely the league has to answer some questions:

Why is it not in Warracknabeal because apparently the Hockey that was booked there were told to move for the WFL?
Will Nhill be catering for two finals? United have the beer tents (does this mean they'll cart it all from horsham?) but will Saints, Warrack or Stawell be given the opportunity for the food?
Have Ararat been consulted? They have all their junior football and netball teams still a possibility of playing in the grand final as well as 1 senior.
Where will everyone park? Rumour is the ground will be shut off to cars.
Why were other grounds not chosen eg Murtoa, Horsham City Oval, Dimboola? (if it's a home ground advantage then tell that to the Horsham players who would have 4 times as many people booing them at City Oval compared to Nhill)
Oh and don't forget about those that could be travelling to Nhill this Saturday have a loss, play at Ararat next Sunday and win so back to Nhill the following week!
Not sure who's decision it is on where the Grand Final can be played but this wreaks of the Dictator!

So the Grand Final is apparently in Nhill. Surely the league has to answer some questions:

Why is it not in Warracknabeal because apparently the Hockey that was booked there were told to move for the WFL?
Will Nhill be catering for two finals? United have the beer tents (does this mean they'll cart it all from horsham?) but will Saints, Warrack or Stawell be given the opportunity for the food?
Have Ararat been consulted? They have all their junior football and netball teams still a possibility of playing in the grand final as well as 1 senior.
Where will everyone park? Rumour is the ground will be shut off to cars.
Why were other grounds not chosen eg Murtoa, Horsham City Oval, Dimboola? (if it's a home ground advantage then tell that to the Horsham players who would have 4 times as many people booing them at City Oval compared to Nhill)
Oh and don't forget about those that could be travelling to Nhill this Saturday have a loss, play at Ararat next Sunday and win so back to Nhill the following week!
Not sure who's decision it is on where the Grand Final can be played but this wreaks of the Dictator!

Surely they are not going to hold the GF at Nhill? I have heard the rumours this morning as well, what a terrible decision from the commission if they have seriously gone ahead with holding one of the most anticipated final for many years at a venue considered a long way from the level of Warrack, Stawell, Dimboola and City Oval. A GF at City Oval would attract at least an extra 1-2k more supporters than Nhill which is too long a trip to play at such a poor venue.

I really do hope for the fans and the Wimmera league teams participating that the commission hasn't made such a poor, misguided decision. Why not involve all the clubs in decision? Why not involve the people playing in the decision?

The supporters want an easily accessible spectacle for the game they follow passionately, what a disappointment if that opportunity has been taken away from them.

Surely they are not going to hold the GF at Nhill? I have heard the rumours this morning as well, what a terrible decision from the commission if they have seriously gone ahead with holding one of the most anticipated final for many years at a venue considered a long way from the level of Warrack, Stawell, Dimboola and City Oval. A GF at City Oval would attract at least an extra 1-2k more supporters than Nhill which is too long a trip to play at such a poor venue.

I really do hope for the fans and the Wimmera league teams participating that the commission hasn't made such a poor, misguided decision. Why not involve all the clubs in decision? Why not involve the people playing in the decision?

The supporters want an easily accessible spectacle for the game they follow passionately, what a disappointment if that opportunity has been taken away from them.

Speaking to a Commissioner this morning and he confirmed the Grand Final is definitley in Nhill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking to a Commissioner this morning and he confirmed the Grand Final is definitley in Nhill.

Very disappointing decision to have Nhill host the grand final & I agree with the above posters on this issue. Who cares about home ground advantages or sharing it around just play the biggest match of the year at the best venues possible & that would be Horsham City Oval or Central Park.

Nhill & Ararat should never host a gf due to the travel factor & especially because they don't match up too the above grounds I have mentioned. Dimboola & Warracknabeal have had success hosting grand finals before so they should be the next grounds to use if needed.

If it is a Dimboola vs Horsham GF I would think they would get a HUGE crowd at City Oval & don't think the Dimboola players or fans would be upset or angry to play there. Would probably make victory even sweeter.

Look at the district league they play there GF at the best venue in the region. Yet the Wimmera league are playing theirs at Nhill.

Very disappointing decision to have Nhill host the grand final & I agree with the above posters on this issue. Who cares about home ground advantages or sharing it around just play the biggest match of the year at the best venues possible & that would be Horsham City Oval or Central Park.

Nhill & Ararat should never host a gf due to the travel factor & especially because they don't match up too the above grounds I have mentioned. Dimboola & Warracknabeal have had success hosting grand finals before so they should be the next grounds to use if needed.

If it is a Dimboola vs Horsham GF I would think they would get a HUGE crowd at City Oval & don't think the Dimboola players or fans would be upset or angry to play there. Would probably make victory even sweeter.

Look at the district league they play there GF at the best venue in the region. Yet the Wimmera league are playing theirs at Nhill.

Seems the only person who still thinks the commission has credibility is Fancy! This proves beyond reasonable doubt that Gold Buttons and his band of Merry Muppets do not have the WFL best interests at heart or the capability of making sound decisions. Bloody disgraceful if true!

Burras have asked the league to investigate Butsch's tackle on young Coleman I'm Sundays final.
I wasn't at the game. Can anyone tell us anymore about this incident? Does Butsch have anything to be concerned about should the matter go to a tribunal?

I wasn't at the game. Can anyone tell us anymore about this incident? Does Butsch have anything to be concerned about should the matter go to a tribunal?

Didn't see the incident but the poor kid did look awful afterwards. Hearing different versions from both clubs. Neither umpire in the vicinity even paid a free kick. Not that that's saying much. My God, Fancy's Merry Muppets have made a fine mess of the bloody umpiring in the WFL.

Rumours are rife around QLD that a former Carlton super star is due to make his Western Victorian debut next season. Story has it that a club has jagged a old AFL forward line legend to the league...Sticks Kernahan, Mill Hannah, Bruce Doull, Mark Austin, Laurance Angwin, Lance Witnall, Brendan Fevola, Frazer Brown or Anthony Koutoufides?????

Are you mocking a town of about 1500? about there junior program? give it a rest mate.

Would've preferred it to have said "Al McKinnon and the Braithwaite boys leading the way" Was meant more as a tongue in cheek dig at "junior programs" in general, but fair call...

Great results over the weekend for football in the region. Why can't peanut smith move the grand final to city oval now the Evil Empire has been overthrown? Wonderful day there on Saturday for the HDFL GF. Does the council still charge a mint for the use?

Heard a whisper that there is talk of the Wimmera league swallowing humble pie and realining with the umpire association too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back