WFL Whispers 2013.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps stating the obvious, but you get the feeling Horsham were going all-out for the 'Ten-peat', and then in the minds of many in the club, they could go through a renewal process with guys moving on or retiring, and promoting from within. I imagine the biggest danger for the committee would have been retaining key current players like Burke and Hartigan, with perhaps a hint that they might look to coach elswhere if the opportunity didn't arise at the Demons if Farr stayed on and progression was unavailable. Perhaps Farr was seen as expendable as now a primarily non-playing coach, despite his significant contribution to the club? maybe there was a feeling the playing group were becoming stale?

Whatever the reason, it is clear there was a lack of proper planning, transparency and communication in the club, and its made them look fairly bad, but at least it has contributed to an apparent rebalancing of the competition which is welcome after ten years of Horsham 'Demon-ation'. It's pretty obvious Dimmy are delighted in the results of the falling-out so far, with an extremely motivated Farr already raising them to a new level. Bring on Sunday!

What a fantastic post. Do not agree with all but......Slenko has nothing.

I have my facts straight as can be my friend.
There was no Kirribilli agreement at Horsham and anyone who says there was is either naïve or a liar. The things that Horsham have said about Farr since he departure have been disgraceful. Horsham are still yet to tell us why they think Burke and Hartigan are better coaches, are better recruiters, better developers of talent or more effective at retaining the list from 2012. Whatever the argument now it can be blown out of water by the summers events.
Maybe it's the Horsham board who should consider their position if Dimboola is able to get over a now full strength Horsham side?

The only thing I can presume that you 'Fancy' is on the board at the Horsham Football Netball Club, for they are the only ones who really know what went on. But...drum roll... you 'Fancy' have never declared who you follow. Funny that !!!!!

You know what... again I believe everybody is entitled to their own opinions, but when it is absolutley baseless, you should really just put up or shut up because you really don't know what has gone on. Happy round two everyone and may it be injury free and may the best team win on the day :)

Saints big winners over an improved Digs outfit, but most importantly Butchy and Kelm kicking bags and Milner best. The Mickies looking ominous, and confirm my early hunch as premiership darkhorses; in fact they will become my 2013 premiership favourites if Dimmy lose or fail to have a convincing win over the Demons tomorrow. Yeah, I know; very early days, but the signs are there. Everyone's talking about the big match-up under the red-gums tomorrow, but the outcome of the first Saints Vs Roos game will do more to shape initial premiership favouritism.

Ha Ha Ha! What a joke! "Gold Buttons" Smith's supposed elite umpiring brigade sends out a 65yr old has been to officiate in one of the most highly anticipated clashes for years between two of the fastest and fittest sides seen.

Sorry to keep bangin on about this, but once again footy is the loser.

On a day when only 4 senior umpires were required across the league - they could only muster up a 65yr old has been, once again on loan from another league.

May have got away with it if BRUCE Hartigan and BRUCE Miller were still playin rather than their sons!!!

Surely it is time for clubs to grow some balls and knife Gold Buttons as it is clear he is not going to fall on his sword for this monumental utensil up that is getting worse rather than better!

What's going to happen the rest of the season when all games are on at the same time???

Ha Ha Ha! What a joke! "Gold Buttons" Smith's supposed elite umpiring brigade sends out a 65yr old has been to officiate in one of the most highly anticipated clashes for years between two of the fastest and fittest sides seen.

Sorry to keep bangin on about this, but once again footy is the loser.

On a day when only 4 senior umpires were required across the league - they could only muster up a 65yr old has been, once again on loan from another league.

May have got away with it if BRUCE Hartigan and BRUCE Miller were still playin rather than their sons!!!

Surely it is time for clubs to grow some balls and knife Gold Buttons as it is clear he is not going to fall on his sword for this monumental utensil up that is getting worse rather than better!

What's going to happen the rest of the season when all games are on at the same time???

Would have to agree...the umpiring was pretty disgraceful, however it was consistent. Badly consistent!! Hopefully this sort of placement of umpires won't happen again.

The rumours are rife! Given such serious allegations can anyone set us straight exactly what happened at Stawell yesterday? The coach? The goal ump? Police? spectactors??

The rumours are rife! Given such serious allegations can anyone set us straight exactly what happened at Stawell yesterday? The coach? The goal ump? Police? spectactors??
What's the rumor Richo?! I'm away with work... Brawling going on at Central Park?

Rather hear from someone who was actually there at this stage sorry Wimmera Wez. Come on, there mustve been hundreds who witnessed this ugly incident and can set us all straight?

Wimmera league general manager Steve McQueen confirmed there had been a "dust-up'' at the match of the rival clubs involving some officials.
The Weekly Times understands the officials involved were Nhill's senior coach and a club-appointed goal umpire from Stawell.
"There has been an investigation called by the league,'' McQueen said.
"The investigation officer has been notified.
Full Article at: http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2013/05/13/569677_country-footy.html
Spoke to a cousin who was over there, and his version of events is identical to this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints by 88 v Stawell 62
Demons by 90 v Nhill 96
Ararat by 24 v United 9
Burras by 12 v Warrack 25

Not a bad effort.

Good effort there...

would have been great for the diggers to pinch this one, but regardless shows they are on the right track
Burras would no doubt be happy with that win, while other results relatively standard.

Even Chief Commisioner "Gold Buttons" was nervous on Saturday, demanding league administrators attend the first match between Horsham and Nhill since the infamous "Burkegate" incident.

Obviouslly he was expecting trouble?

Surely if the coach of another side assaulted an umpire Gold Buttons would demand he stand down at least until the investigation was completed?

Seriously, with this damming evidence plastered cross the Stawell Times news back page Friday and website (see link below) how the hell can Nhill not stand down their coach? At the very least temporarily!

http://www.stawelltimes.com.au/story/1508230/investigation-underway/?cs=1662

Be aware this is only the Stawell sides version of events! It is quite unprofessional of this bloke to try and use the media to support his case when the other team is stating no comment until the investigation has been completed.

Hopefully whoever through the first punch gets punished severly for starting this melee. If the league commisioner was there and hasnt forced this coach to stand down obviously is more to it. Nhill would not stand by their coach if they believed he attacked an umpire and i beleive he has their full support.

I wasnt at the game but have heard quite the opposite to what is being said in the media. Who attacked who first still needs to be confirmed and hopefully the truth comes out in the both the league and police investigations and justice prevails.

Will be great to see the Wimmera League roll out their best side this weekend at City Oval for the interleague clash with Casey - Cardinia Football League. By all reports all players have put their hands up this year. Horsham District League play a twilight match (5pm start) v Loddon Valley after the Big W game.

Be aware this is only the Stawell sides version of events! It is quite unprofessional of this bloke to try and use the media to support his case when the other team is stating no comment until the investigation has been completed.

Hopefully whoever through the first punch gets punished severly for starting this melee. If the league commisioner was there and hasnt forced this coach to stand down obviously is more to it. Nhill would not stand by their coach if they believed he attacked an umpire and i beleive he has their full support.

I wasnt at the game but have heard quite the opposite to what is being said in the media. Who attacked who first still needs to be confirmed and hopefully the truth comes out in the both the league and police investigations and justice prevails.

Fair call Old Bomber, but surely the pictures are damming enough that he has approached the umpires and been involved in a physical altercation - surely grounds enough??

Will be great to see the Wimmera League roll out their best side this weekend at City Oval for the interleague clash with Casey - Cardinia Football League. By all reports all players have put their hands up this year. Horsham District League play a twilight match (5pm start) v Loddon Valley after the Big W game.

Good to hear. So no excuses for the WFL this year then?

Fair call Old Bomber, but surely the pictures are damming enough that he has approached the umpires and been involved in a physical altercation - surely grounds enough??

Yeah must admit pictures dont look good, and from what i have heard perhaps the coach and umpire could/should of both done things differently and a lot better. Takes two to tango, so yeah other than that it will just be interesting to see what story comes out officially and in turn what penalities are handed down and to who.

Does that mean that the Wimmera are playing a curtain raiser the district league after getting flogged by the mallee league last year?!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back