Werewolf Game Discussion Thread Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, here's the game thread:

Alright, here's the game thread:

season two is good
I haven't read the books but its meant to slot between them is my understanding and if they get to do Season 3 that is likely to be the second book

I do want to read them as I also like Neil Gaiman's work

During my lengthy travel time today I was thinking of a werewolf addition that could make being a vanilla villager a little more enticing. I’ve thought about creating a seer “card” . At the start of the game a random villager will be given the seer card and this allows them to seer anyone and get their true role other than heads and sk. However at the end of the day the seer card will be te randomised to another villager , retaining the results of the previous seer. If the villager is killed whilst holding the card the card is destroyed. If they are seered whilst holding the card the seerer will be told they have the card. The card can only be allocated to villagers who have no role.
If I implement this I probably would still have a normal seer but no fake seer.
I’m also thinking about adding a roleblock to the flog group.
Anyway would like feedback on this feature, especially you MWPP as you always have a good read on how roles and features would work.

I’m taking a month off work soon so I might start working on a game that introduces this and maybe some other roles.

During my lengthy travel time today I was thinking of a werewolf addition that could make being a vanilla villager a little more enticing. I’ve thought about creating a seer “card” . At the start of the game a random villager will be given the seer card and this allows them to seer anyone and get their true role other than heads and sk. However at the end of the day the seer card will be te randomised to another villager , retaining the results of the previous seer. If the villager is killed whilst holding the card the card is destroyed. If they are seered whilst holding the card the seerer will be told they have the card. The card can only be allocated to villagers who have no role.
Anyway would like feedback on this feature, especially you MWPP as you always have a good read on how roles and features would work.

I’m taking a month off work soon so I might start working on a game that introduces this and maybe some other roles.

I tried this with the picture match groups giving them all a seer - I like this as it’s a one off action per night and is randomised. Could be well worth a try in larger cohorts

Overall I still like the concept and it’s worth a trial even if IMO certain people disengaging when vanilla rather than contributing properly says more about them since others contribute regardless of role.

Given the information retention, it could serve as a way of confirming someone’s villager status in retrospect (if someone under pressure later on happened to have held it earlier). Ans the randomisation rather than selection of new target offers some balance. I wonder if it either should be destroyed when half the vanilla villagers are dead , or after X nights, as continuing on until the end game could be a little OP. Or it could be destroyed when the amulet breaks (if there is an amulet) but without killing the holder . I feel this is something of an amulet substitute and it’s better to have it in a non-amulet game.

Adding a RB to the flog group could work provided they don’t also have a seer , protect and kill. 4 actions seems a little much . A choice of one to two out of 4 could work. If it’s a once off RB it’ll likely be saved until later in a game than say a seer. Do you make the underling of a faction execute their kill or is a team kill unblockable unless only one factional member is left ? (I’ve seen both interpretations based on the game ) .

A similar idea is an amulet substitute, the ”jewel” conferring a choice of a kill or seer. The jewel would be randomised to a villager each night for the first 3 nights. To reward good choices, successfully killing or missing, or seering a factional evil would provide protection that same night as well.

Love all those points Em-Dub!
I can't agree that the seer card is akin to the amulet. They both have their place. And amulet is a universal protector. Would need to be card or Jewel?..do you want to hand out a protector/kill reward, or a seer reward.
I suppose it is a question of balance. Does the card or jewel tip the scales too far in village favour?

Love all those points Em-Dub!
I can't agree that the seer card is akin to the amulet. They both have their place. And amulet is a universal protector. Would need to be card or Jewel?..do you want to hand out a protector/kill reward, or a seer reward.
I suppose it is a question of balance. Does the card or jewel tip the scales too far in village favour?
Yes it’s more that the presence of an amulet advantages good more than not so having an amulet in the game with a separate seer card as well, could overbalance in favour of good too much (unless evil is also OP’d , in which case it goes from a trial of one mechanic to multiple )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back