flggr Welcome to the "Never finished bottom 4 in the AFL era" lounge - an exclusive area for the best teams in the league. No bottom 4 teams allowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, is this lounge less stinky than that other one the modflog destroyed by opening it up to all the loser clubs?
I was fred banned from my own club and kicked to the turf, yet little do those flogs know that was just a diversion from the TRUE lounge for the elite. From this point on let this be the new lounge for sophsisticated individuals to engage in all manner of football festivities!

1_ArrowoodPhoto-MorganEvents-Pier27-SanFrancisco-CityWedding-Eco-greenwedding-39.jpeg

I was fred banned from my own club and kicked to the turf, yet little do those flogs know that was just a diversion from the TRUE lounge for the elite. From this point on let this be the new lounge for sophsisticated individuals to engage in all manner of football festivities!

1_ArrowoodPhoto-MorganEvents-Pier27-SanFrancisco-CityWedding-Eco-greenwedding-39.jpeg
Yes he threadbanned me too. But this joint is much better and more elite, just like the Cats

Comfortable yet stylish. High end without being pretentious. It's where we belong.

Soooo luxurious!

It's a real privilege to be a member of this hallowed lounge. But let's hope security does its job this time and prevents the opposition riff-raff from stinking the place up - the bill to clean the mod shite-stains in the Undefeated Lounge almost sent the Bay broke. 17thmond have been reduced to tin-can-rattling to pay their share.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Bay,

I thought it might be nice to create a space for the best of the best to kick back, relax and discuss the issues plaguing lowly "finished bottom 4 in the AFL era" clubs.

A place away from the unwashed riff-raff who rely on top 4 draft picks to keep their s**t truck clubs running. A place free from the inane, irrelevant gif posting and primary-school level insults.

Now, rather than go through every season between here and 1990, I figured I'd just ask an Artificial Intelligence the question:

Which AFL team has never finished in the bottom 4 since 1990?

To which it answered:

Which shows just how s**t AI is.

Then I asked it:

Which is the best AFL team of the modern era? And it answered:

Which shows that maybe AI isn't all bad. Even taking into account the 2020 flag* AI doesn't rate Richmond as "the best of the modern era".

Anyway, it looked like this would need to be a manual endeavour.

I trawled through and found the bottom 4 for each year. By 2009 I'd found 17 clubs who'd finished in the bottom 4. I kept searching. I get to 1995 and EUREKA! an 18th team. But wait, it's the Fitzroy Lions :(

By this point, almost all the other 17 teams had been in the bottom 4 TWICE OVER. Not only that, but a majority of them had received PRIORITY PICKS TOO (looking at you, Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Richmond, Melbourne, St Kilda, West Coast, Footscray, Brisbane, Swans and Gold Coast)

It's a treacherous journey, but by 1990, 18 teams had finished the season in the bottom 4.

Except one:

The Geelong Football Club.

Welcome, Cats fans! Enjoy the fine wines, opposition tears and knowledge your team has never, in the AFL era, had to suffer the indiginity of a bottom 4 finish.
Whatever happens to OP, anyway? They seemed like a top-tier poster :(

Wow, 5 posts in a row... someone can't multiquote

Just a friendly reminder that at the time this deflection Fred was posted, GeeLOL had just lost to the Maggies for the second time in the season, sending them plummenting to 11th place with a premiership hangover

Over the following weeks they went on to lose their last two games to the Aints and Bullflogs, missing finals by 8 points

OP - the original gif spammer, who earlier in the year posted the following meme - hasn't been seen since :$

1715101975625.png
premiership

Wow, 5 posts in a row... someone can't multiquote

Just a friendly reminder that at the time this deflection Fred was posted, GeeLOL had just lost to the Maggies for the second time in the season, sending them plummenting to 11th place with a premiership hangover

Over the following weeks they went on to lose their last two games to the Aints and Bullflogs, missing finals by 8 points

OP - the original gif spammer, who earlier in the year posted the following meme - hasn't been seen since :$

View attachment 1982522
premiership

I'm glad you remember all the minuate because Geelong fans surely don't

Oh they remember losing the last 3 games of the season alright :$

Pretty remarkable. Also, no spoon since 1958 (the longest current 'drought') and have never ever finished below 12th.
Halley's Comet is now starting it's journey back, being 38 years since Geelong's last bottom-4 finish in 1986. Wonder which event will happen first? Although I doubt I'll be around to confirm it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back