Welcome Welcome to Richmond Pick 17 - Tom Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope he continues his good form in the 2s and then gets his chance later in the season. Having missed all of last season I’m happy to see a slow build for him. Having said that, if he’s knocking the door down, he might get an opportunity earlier. He’s got good wheels like Brown, not as damaging by foot, but then who is.

I really like Tresize, expecting him to be back in when fit. In His couple of games at AFL level he has shown that he is up for the fight. An excellent contested player. Bit of Duncan Kellaway about him, but a little better by foot than Dunc
Duncan my favourite tiger 🐅 ❤️
When he kicked his first ever goal
Against power round 22 - 1997
Was an awesome day 😎

Hope he continues his good form in the 2s and then gets his chance later in the season. Having missed all of last season I’m happy to see a slow build for him. Having said that, if he’s knocking the door down, he might get an opportunity earlier. He’s got good wheels like Brown, not as damaging by foot, but then who is.

I really like Tresize, expecting him to be back in when fit. In His couple of games at AFL level he has shown that he is up for the fight. An excellent contested player. Bit of Duncan Kellaway about him, but a little better by foot than Dunc
Brown,,Smith,, tresize,,young,,Gibcus,,miller
Maybe banks,, Bauer,,pretty good future backline

Remember draft night 2021 we had pick 17 and draft tom Brown,,Sydney had pick 18 and were devastated that we took Tom before them,,Geelong had picks 24 and 25 and would have selected Tom with either of those picks,,
We drafted a beauty in Tom
No argument there
Yep remember that footage well. Kinnear Beatson looked like he had just been served a shite sandwich without the bread. The last time Kinnear was that keen on a player he went alright also. A young kid from Bendigo called Martin. Offered Frank x2 1st rounders for him and Frank told him to FRO!. :blush:

Didn't he retire due to asthma?
They were legends games on the MCG. He didn't exert himself greatly.

I played on Daffy in one game who complained of a dodgy hammy most of the game. I ran around picking touches up at will. A couple of the players came up to me after (Poole and Powell) and wanted to know how many games I played as they couldn't remember me.

Great moment, I remember the entire team getting around him.
From memory, wobbled off the foot from about 40 m out, just getting over the goal line.
Sat behind the power cheer squad in the old ponsford stand
They were great fans knew there footy a d the history of the vfl great days

He was good.
Merv Keane too, very underrated.
Should be more modern day parents calling their kids Merv😄
Met Mervyn a few times he was stationary sales sold to Aussie post had a kick with him in our loading bay,,very nice guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep remember that footage well. Kinnear Beatson looked like he had just been served a shite sandwich without the bread. The last time Kinnear was that keen on a player he went alright also. A young kid from Bendigo called Martin. Offered Frank x2 1st rounders for him and Frank told him to FRO!. :blush:
Ended up being Gary rohan pick 6 and
And Leroy jetty pick 14
Lucky Francis was on the ball

I played a few games with Bruce. Great bloke but the most unlikely looking footy player you'd ever meet. You pick him as a local ressies player if you didn't know better.
Thumping kick ,,broke his arm ?? I think on the eve of 1980 finals

And Banks and Brown worked together so well together last year in the VFL ... (put Banks back too we have better options on the wing) ... Banks VFL backline this year might set him up nicely to be able to produce against bigger bodies he has struggled with ...

I think the melts were not directed at Brown ... it was the lack of KPF being taken but Van Rooyen isn't the one we missed ... it was taking that muppet Higgins instead of Oscar Allen in 2017 ... good chance we win five premierships in a row with his talent in the forward line instead of Jake Aarts
Yes !

Also the CCj over Sam Taylor makes me cry everytime i watch GWS

Allen , Balta & Taylor would have set us up for 12 + years

Thumping kick ,,broke his arm ?? I think on the eve of 1980 finals
Broke his arm in the '82 GF. Some Carlton campaigner went to kick the ball off the ground and broke his arm.

Everything that could go wrong that day went wrong. Sacked Jewell the year before, Bruce broke his arm, Bourke pulled Malthouse's shoulder out the Thursday before GF day, Brian Taylor was dropped when named in the team, it rained, Helen D'Amico streaked.... F me, I could go on and on and on!! Campaigner of a day.

I could smell the stench of death around the club post that.

Far car from where we are now. Right now we're paying the price of success under the rules of the day. But, we'll be back. I have absolutely no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back