Welcome Welcome to Richmond Pick 17 - Tom Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked great. Learnt today that his dad played for the Cats. Need to keep him away from them.
Paul Brown had the same moves, composure, beautiful disposal…And what a guy…I was a cop in 2015 when he was king-hit in Shepparton, for just being there…He nearly died, and the anger I had for that weak (insert) I’ll never get over…But he just recovered and took it in his stride…Wished his assailant well, after the 7 years he did (which wasn’t enough)…His son was just a boy, imagine going through the pain of that…I wish Tom nothing but great things…But he’ll keep it in perspective too…

Exciting to see him start to take strong marks. Add that to his composure and foot skills and he should be a weapon soon enough.

Will be a farce if he is dropped for Grimes. Ever.
Think he can remove our vfl games out of his calendar
Doubt we see him at that level again

Can see Brown and Tresize forming a very good partnership across hb.
Brown - the silky distributor.
Tresize - Getting the most dangerous small/medium forward.
Both very adept in the air, will be excellent intercept markers helping out the kpds.
Prob throw Smith in there as well. Backline is looking set

Last edited:
Exciting to see him start to take strong marks. Add that to his composure and foot skills and he should be a weapon soon enough.

Will be a farce if he is dropped for Grimes. Ever.
100% agree, he has to play.

If Yze and co see Grimes as an absolute must in for whatever reason, it has to be for Broad IMO - I get the need for atleast one of them, but sadly for Grimes, it cant be for anyone else IMO

bc we both agree LM. lol
Remember draft night 2021 we had pick 17 and draft tom Brown,,Sydney had pick 18 and were devastated that we took Tom before them,,Geelong had picks 24 and 25 and would have selected Tom with either of those picks,,
We drafted a beauty in Tom
No argument there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've found one with this kid and he's growing in confidence by the week. Needs to play every game.
Tom and nipper tresize hopefully either side of josh gibcus for 2025 onwards,one very elite half back online

Agree it’s a hard role.
Kmac can make you pull your hair out at times, but he’s a running Machine that can give the backs a chop out in the air with his height. Selfless player.
Always laugh when I go to the game and watch him, he’s an eccentric character. His manning the mark, where he looks at the umpire, gesturing with his hands to call play on is bloody hilarious and unique.
Pickett I find very hot and cold, decision making questionable, but when switched on a match winner.
Dynasties die because you don't give the opportunity the premiership players had to develop to the next generation. Time to get footskills on the wing equivalent of Miller and Brown ... especially with the forward half we have at the moment.

Coulthard has a golden slipper and can run all day ... and Hugo is a good overhead mark and has learnt to kick ... his footskills have been sublime in the VFL this season.

Can see Brown and Tresize forming a very good partnership across hb.
Brown - the silky distributor.
Tresize - Getting the most dangerous small/medium forward.
Both very adept in the air, will be excellent intercept markers helping out the kpds.
Prob throw Smith in there as well. Backline is looking set
Smith looks so much like a shorter version of Tom Brown, very similar traits ,

Hope he continues his good form in the 2s and then gets his chance later in the season. Having missed all of last season I’m happy to see a slow build for him. Having said that, if he’s knocking the door down, he might get an opportunity earlier. He’s got good wheels like Brown, not as damaging by foot, but then who is.

I really like Tresize, expecting him to be back in when fit. In His couple of games at AFL level he has shown that he is up for the fight. An excellent contested player. Bit of Duncan Kellaway about him, but a little better by foot than Dunc

Last edited:
Would've been a chance for the rising star nod this week if the media weren't circle jerking over Harley Reid breaking some tackles.
Let's be honest though, that's what first-year Dusty looked like. Specimen, nice movement, great at breaking tackles and fending off, but only getting it around 20 times. Harley Reid does look to me like the next Dusty. The difference will be this:

• Dusty will have had more sublime passing by foot over the course of his career
  • Dusty will be less annoying; Reid looks like a bit of a w***er/showboater at times
  • Reid will be better at taking overhead jumping marks, something that if Dusty had would probably have made him easily the best player ever, but the guy can't jump over a jam tin nor raise his arms

If I had to really nitpick, watching the two of them, Dusty's body/posture (that "sense" you get when a player is in motion) was better, just looked more solid overall, and had a better shape.

The way Dusty moved at the same age as Reid, Dusty appears to have been "springier" and with a stronger core. Dusty will finish the better player, but Reid is gonna be a star.

And Banks and Brown worked together so well together last year in the VFL ... (put Banks back too we have better options on the wing) ... Banks VFL backline this year might set him up nicely to be able to produce against bigger bodies he has struggled with ...
I am sure I read on here last year drafting this guy was a "massive" error. :tearsofjoy:
I think the melts were not directed at Brown ... it was the lack of KPF being taken but Van Rooyen isn't the one we missed ... it was taking that muppet Higgins instead of Oscar Allen in 2017 ... good chance we win five premierships in a row with his talent in the forward line instead of Jake Aarts

Paul Brown had the same moves, composure, beautiful disposal…And what a guy…I was a cop in 2015 when he was king-hit in Shepparton, for just being there…He nearly died, and the anger I had for that weak (insert) I’ll never get over…But he just recovered and took it in his stride…Wished his assailant well, after the 7 years he did (which wasn’t enough)…His son was just a boy, imagine going through the pain of that…I wish Tom nothing but great things…But he’ll keep it in perspective too…
The irony is, the hospital scanned his brain after the king hit and found a tumour which they may not have found if he wasn't king hit

Remember draft night 2021 we had pick 17 and draft tom Brown,,Sydney had pick 18 and were devastated that we took Tom before them,,Geelong had picks 24 and 25 and would have selected Tom with either of those picks,,
We drafted a beauty in Tom
No argument there
Wasn’t the case 2 weeks ago. Still many melting at that time over JVR not being taken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back