Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Nathan O'Driscoll (Pick 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

NO'Ds passes into the forward line were described as"bullet like" by some in the media....in fact they were caressed to the advantageof the leading player rather than being fired in at great speed.

NO'D has the ability to sit the ball up into the space the forward is moving into and gives the opposition little chance to intercept the pass, all class and much preferable for the forward rather than a bullet pass coming fast and hard while running at full pace towards the kicker.

Sign this guy up already!! Making me nervous!!
He and his sister bleed purple they are the last players I would be worried about.

Also noticed that the youngest brother ( who they both say is the most talented) will be playing for Perth colts this year. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

NO'Ds passes into the forward line were described as"bullet like" by some in the media....in fact they were caressed to the advantageof the leading player rather than being fired in at great speed.

NO'D has the ability to sit the ball up into the space the forward is moving into and gives the opposition little chance to intercept the pass, all class and much preferable for the forward rather than a bullet pass coming fast and hard while running at full pace towards the kicker.
Tabs thought that it was Christmas to get balls delivered that way.

Nah the one to Walters was a legit bullet, it was like 1.5m off the ground over the whole 40m trajectory.

Knowing someone from Perth Demons he said that he thought NOD would only ever be a strong wafl player and that he would struggle at AFL level.

I believed him and after last season was sceptical of whether he would have been worth drafting.

How wrong he was and how silly I'd take his word for it. I can't believe just how well he runs the wing. He adds some real excitement to the game. He looks an absolute weapon.

That he plays for Perth should have been enough for you to discount whatever he said 😂
Knowing someone from Perth Demons he said that he thought NOD would only ever be a strong wafl player and that he would struggle at AFL level.

I believed him and after last season was sceptical of whether he would have been worth drafting.

How wrong he was and how silly I'd take his word for it. I can't believe just how well he runs the wing. He adds some real excitement to the game. He looks an absolute weapon.

Plenty of our best players had question marks on them. Sandilands and Johnson immediately come to mind, and even Pav could have been taken the year before he was drafted. I quite like a player with something to prove.

Plenty of our best players had question marks on them. Sandilands and Johnson immediately come to mind, and even Pav could have been taken the year before he was drafted. I quite like a player with something to prove.

Yeah plenty do. I guess I never saw this coming and was surprised. It shows how Walls knows what he's doing as he moved up the draft for NOD.

If he keeps kicking goals while running the wing each week I'll be calling him Weapon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I remember that and wondered if Suma was trying to do a Darling with him.

I know someone who knew Trew quite well.
He had a “my shit doesn’t stink” attitude combined with an overprotective enabling family….apparently.

In fact when I read this person the Sumich article they nodded and said “yep, all of that…that’s so true”.

O'Driscoll had high expectations coming out of his underage season, fair to say he didn't quite reach the same heights in his draft year. The biggest queries seemed to be on his best position and his kicking. Knightmare for example saw him as an inside mid with his size and rated his kicking as poor. I maintained any kicking issues were overstated and a product of being under pressure in close - hence wing being his best position. Early days so far, but his development looks to be greater than I was anticipating.

He did divide opinion though. eDPS kept him higher than most throughout the season.

That's right, I was confusing a lack of pace and kicking ability, I knew it was something that optically would have presented poorly. He clearly was worth the gamble in the second round.

I'm certainly not judging the research and work put in by people like yourself, Knightmare, and eDPS, the draft insights are arguably the most valuable thing to come out of bigfooty.com for the wider football community.

It is always interesting to me when clubs decide between raw physical potential and leadership/commitment strengths, I feel that Freo is focusing more on what is in the head than below it lately, though a nice mix is obviously preferable.

Yeah I remember that and wondered if Suma was trying to do a Darling with him.
I'd almost forgotten about the "Darling" treatment, you've got to give it to the Toasters on that one, did their research and masterfully were able to separate the panic from the fact.

I don't really buy into either conspiracy too much but I think it's more likely / easier for clubs to feed into a bad rumor about a prospective draftee so they can get him than hiding players, which is always thrown around every draft.

Yeah plenty do. I guess I never saw this coming and was surprised. It shows how Walls knows what he's doing as he moved up the draft for NOD.

If he keeps kicking goals while running the wing each week I'll be calling him Weapon!

If we hadn’t traded up Nathan would definitely be running around for wc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back