Preview We Feel Like Chicken Tonight... Freo vs Eagles Derby 58

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well here it is! I must admit that when I put my hand up for this I didn't think I'd be facing the unholy trinity of AFL/Adelaide's F**k Y*o to the Dockers, the Eagles getting a game against Richmond Reserves and school starting back, yet here we are.

I was lucky enough to start following the Dockers in 2014, courtesy of my beautiful wife, and derbies were fun. Then came the dark times...

Scared Episode 2 GIF by Portlandia

They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn and little did I know that, despite having to eat Margett's brand s**t sandwiches 11 times, an epoch of pain and hopelessness was about to engulf the Chardonnay soaked end of town.

5 wins in 52 games. A win percentage of less than 10%. The Eagles have been historically s**t. They're crying for a priority pick. It's gotten frankly boring and Carlton have replaced them as our nemesis. I was, in all honesty, not really looking forward to this weekend. Oh how things change.

REID ALL ABOUT IT!

Worst.jpg

After putting a team of young no names to the sword, the Eagles are back baby! Harley's got his engine running, Yeo is back to his best and the mighty Jake Waterman is fresh off a bag; watch out Dockers the Eagles are flying high once more!

star-trek-star-trek-tos.gif

And let's face it. They have to be high to think they're a chance this weekend. Don't get me wrong, stranger things have happened, and derbies worldwide are littered with cellar-dwellers taking out more fancied opponents, but if we play half as well as the last two weeks, we should win this at a canter.

WHO'S BACK?
Just a guessing game currently but Darcy and possibly Freddie (no backflips please mate, you'll hurt yourself) have been mooted to return, which would give us a bit more pace, and allow the Unicorn to run free around the paddock, before feasting on the corpse of Bailey Williams in the 3rd after Hodor has had his way with him. Tabs hopefully is no where near the forward line and Amiss is fully recovered from Jerk-Thatcher's attempt at organ removal.

KEY MATCHUP?
Sure we're looking forward to Pearce and Ryan giving Darling and Waterman a bath, the triple J's take on McGov and Barrass, and Fyfe vs Ginbey (at least young Ginbey is anyway), but if we're at all honest there's only one matchup we're looking forward to...

TvH.jpg
Harley's Handoff vs The Big KAHUNA!!!! What will happen when the irresistible force meets the immovable object? Can Harley's wrist stand up to the sheer force of nature that is Cyclone Treacy? I cannot wait! Hopefully we see Josh flatten young Harley before once again showing his elite field kicking and hitting his mate Jye lace out. OOOOOOOO WHAT A RUSH!!!

Great write-up as always!

I can see one of three things happening:

• We are completely exhausted from the Adelaide trip, Eagles are pumped and better rested after two weeks at home - and they beat us by a few goals. Result completely deflates our season and direction.
  • We are able to play a similar style to the last two games, and manage to hold Eagles to a low score - while not kicking many goals ourselves. Eventually, we win by a few goals as the Eagles tire late in the game.
  • Last week was an anomaly for the Eagles and we win by 40+

I reckon it's the middle scenario.

Sean Darcy

Excellent preview thankx.

Freo by 40+. Why?

This is a Derby.
After 2 losses we will be dog-hungry.
We are a much better side.
There has been so much WC BS we have something extra to prove.
We match-up well.
I don't believe we have a fixed, low-scoring game plan. I think we have some flexibility depending on our oppo. I think JJJ will get on top.
I am overly optimistic.

Excellent preview thankx.

Freo by 40+. Why?

This is a Derby.
After 2 losses we will be dog-hungry.
We are a much better side.
There has been so much WC BS we have something extra to prove.
We match-up well.
I don't believe we have a fixed, low-scoring game plan. I think we have some flexibility depending on our oppo. I think JJJ will get on top.
I am overly optimistic.
Yep.

Played open against Brissy & North.

Shut the game down the last 3 weeks.

Feel like there will be a flexing of the muscles, some frustrations taken out, and some records broken.

Great write-up as always!

I can see one of three things happening:

• We are completely exhausted from the Adelaide trip, Eagles are pumped and better rested after two weeks at home - and they beat us by a few goals. Result completely deflates our season and direction.
  • We are able to play a similar style to the last two games, and manage to hold Eagles to a low score - while not kicking many goals ourselves. Eventually, we win by a few goals as the Eagles tire late in the game.
  • Last week was an anomaly for the Eagles and we win by 40+

I reckon it's the middle scenario.
Pretty sure you just described 100% of all possible outcomes...

Obviously this will be a test of whether or not we genuinely do play according to who we are playing - whether we have a couple of modes.

I think Darcy coming back couldn't have happened soon enough for Dogga, who looks buggered.

Giving Luke new life is sufficient, if you ask me. He and Trace alone, tearing s**t up down there, running amok, should be worth watching. I suspect Jye will get his mojo back too - feeling a bit more free, not having to wonder if he was going to be decapitated or where the hell Tabs is.

The last time we played them for premiership points we beat them by one hundred and one points, kicking something like sixteen goals in a row. We are better this season.

I want to win by ten goals.
I want to score more than 180 points.
While restricting them to less than 30 points.

Amiss to kick 12

I want blood. Ruthlessness. No remorse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what will the post game back page be?

F(Reid) from desire

Wreck it Darcy

The two princes (of perth)

Harley stalled by big Johnson

Yeo wouldn't Reid about it
Reidality Check - Freo remind WC how far they have to go

I am confident we will win on the weekend, but with all the Yella hoards sitting, dribbling, snarling in and on our seats, we can not take them lightly.
I believe our form in all games has been good enough to take on THE BEST around.
I think having Onions back in the team will draw many tears from the Yellas eyes.
With Jackson going up forward for long periods, I can see our small forwards and Amiss begin to make a difference to the way our forwards play.
I have only once sat among the unwashed in our 30 years, and that was a win on a rain soaked Subiaco oval. A game never to be forgotten.
I will watch the game this week from the comfort of my lounge roon , far away from the unwashed rabble.
And Yella has never been any where near my favourite colour.

Last edited:
Minimum 9 goal win this week. Expecting anywhere up to 14 a goal win.

They can't go with our rucks. Their forwards are not at the level we have played recently and they don't have the cattle to cover JJJ's.

We are a top eight team who have just begun the decade of dominance. This will be a game to remember.

Darcy AND Jackson v Bailey Williams and … Darling? Should dominate them.

Their forward line v the defence. Easily should dismantle them. Darling is in his 5th year of being cooked, Waterman will get a bath by Pearce and Maric will be owned by Draper.

Honestly this should be a 10 goal win.

Simpson will probably flood the back line and try to limit the score line.

We're about to hand WC a reality check.

We kept the much vaunted attacks of Port and Carlton to around 60 points in both games. There's no doubt that Pearce and Ryan will choke the WC forwards of opportunity. I expect them to score no more than 40 points.

At the other end, the three headed Hydra AKA JJJ will reunite with the return of Darcy to the fold and taking over ruck duties from Jackson. Hopefully Freddy returns and pisses off their supporters by doing another flip after kicking a ridiculous goal.

We're battle hardened while they beat a limp Richmond at home. Fremantle by at least 60 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back