Toast Welcome to Fremantle Neil Erasmus (pick 10 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally why has Johnson definitely got it? Because he's ripped?

He has had a period off his feet when he got injured very early, allowing him to spend a lot of time working on his size - but he's also basically a year older than Erasmus. I don't want Neil to get injured but if he were to I'd expect him to come back to playing as quite a brute who will actually be able to push off his opponents after he has run straight towards them when he collects the ball, like he does now, except he will find the space with the fend off - because he is huge.

If I were at WC or another side with the ability to offer a four year plus deal, I'd be burning that first season to focus on building his strength and they will enjoy the rewards of that later.

Because they think MJ moves like a gazelle with such grace and poise, whereas Raz like a deer in the spotlight lol

Although it does seem the tide is turning a bit on MJ with the errors he has been making recently.

For me, MJ seems to be good in tight and instinctual , but getting him to run or make decisions with too much time on his hands is less effective. Maybe either work ethic that comes across as lazy/laconic, just needs more time to focus on these deficiencies and playing wing is not his best position

Last edited:

The Mundy comparisons by many don’t get thrown around Willy nilly , getting compared to the great Barra is pretty high praise and I see it too . Plus he is the most likely replacement for Fyfe who doesn’t have long to go .

Just looks either scared or lazy , I can’t put my finger on it .
The coaches would know if it’s lazy and I’m sure he would be dropped

Trade him while he still has that early pick aura to someone like Saints who need young talent

I just don’t see him getting much of a crack ay it . We’ve come to the pointy end of the rebuild and can’t afford to drop games testing out young guys

I don’t know , bloody hard one
He has a solid dig and is pretty tough just doesn’t seem to have a footy brain
Either him or Brodie needs to be moved on for their own careers sake . Not fair on them
The footy industry isn’t fair.
Forward our list 2 years. No Fyfe, JOM and Sonny. If 1 of Serong, Brayshaw or Young goes down then what.
That’s what depth is for.
I agree it’s not fair to expect a young player to come on in a high intentisity game and be able to be a star from the first possession. It’s been clear that Ras just isn’t one of those players and it’s on the coaches that have put him that situation.

His best moments just "pop" better than Raz's does, and he plays with the self-confidence that may be annoying when he's making mistakes but will be critical to him reaching his potential. Once his game sense and stamina improves (recently there's been a few decent 1st quarters that don't translate into decent games) he'll probably have it.

In that vein, while giving away 3 frees in a quarter as sub is never a good thing, I actually like that Raz had the confidence to take the game on. The 2nd holding the ball in particular: tries to do essentially what Fyfe does in terms of drawing the opposition in, taking them on, and getting the handpass out. Just needs to get his timing right and hit the steaks and plates. The 1st holding the ball was a bit stiff trying to make the right play, and the holding the man free again trying to do the right thing but just held on a bit long.

Currently Erasmus and Johnson don't have it. If we are a serious footy club we forget their draft position and make them earn reelection through Peel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently Erasmus and Johnson don't have it. If we are a serious footy club we forget their draft position and make them earn reelection through Peel.
Don't disagree on Johnson but Erasmus has had nowhere near the same opportunity.

Don't disagree on Johnson but Erasmus has had nowhere near the same opportunity.
We have a pretty bloody good midfield at the moment with Serong, Young, Brayshaw Jackson and Fyfe. Unless you are busting down the door you are not getting in there. It sucks for Erasmus but he has to be better than someone else in their position to get a game. We shouldn't just give guys games to give them opportunities.

We have a pretty bloody good midfield at the moment with Serong, Young, Brayshaw Jackson and Fyfe. Unless you are busting down the door you are not getting in there. It sucks for Erasmus but he has to be better than someone else in their position to get a game. We shouldn't just give guys games to give them opportunities.

You could add Sharp to the wing who is contributing some big numbers and metres gained. He’s been very very good.

The Mundy comparisons by many don’t get thrown around Willy nilly , getting compared to the great Barra is pretty high praise and I see it too . Plus he is the most likely replacement for Fyfe who doesn’t have long to go .

Just looks either scared or lazy , I can’t put my finger on it .
The coaches would know if it’s lazy and I’m sure he would be dropped
Are you suggesting that Johnson is either scared or plazy!!
He is neither. He always puts his body on the line, Never backs down.
And he would be one of the last i would think he could be referred to as lazy.He works his butt of all game.
Have people stopped and thought, gee the other clubs are beginning to work out that he is going to be a gun, we need to stunt his influence!!

And he would be one of the last i would think he could be referred to as lazy.He works his butt of all game.
Have people stopped and thought, gee the other clubs are beginning to work out that he is going to be a gun, we need to stunt his influence!!
You're not actually serious with that last comment?

Surely you're taking the piss

The issue with both these boys is they are inside mids who have been drafted to a team that is trying to win.

Unlike Brayshaw and Serong and Cerra they don't have the luxury of being thrown into the guts for long term gain.
Yep 👍
Said it earlier can’t afford to be blooding youth now
That ship has sailed

Honestly no idea what they will do with Raz after this year , hope he is happy to stay as depth and does eventually come on but I’ll have no problem if he wants to try and further his options elsewhere.

Not body on the line scared more “ confidence doesn’t want to * up “ scared . Something just don’t look right with him
Noticed it last year as well.
Like he doesn’t feel comfortable in the team or something

I dunno, probably just bullshit nuffy observations

I went to the Adelaide game, first half Johnson was Lazy
Cant remember him making too many tackles this season, just seems to go through the motions to look as though he is making an effort
Such a pity as he should be starting to be a consistenly good player, a stint at Peel to work on his game and get his confidence back up could be needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back