Toast Welcome to Fremantle Neil Erasmus (pick 10 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember posting on draft night that Ras was a reach, a bad pick.
Had hardly played the whole season and was basically drafted from the under age finals when he had a day out. Got my head bitten off for saying it..

He’s like if banners and Hughes had a baby

A battler who you wanna get around and will have moments but is unfortunately just not that good

No I just think he either needs to stay at Peel and perfect his game for another year or two or play for Freo as a forward/ inside mid until he gets it right. He looks like he needs some continuity. He is getting jerked around too much. Our midfield isn't set. Tonight showed that. May as well try and develop him this year in the Afl or leave him at Peel. Brodie should be playing before him, Johnson and O'Meara (hate to say).

No I just think he either needs to stay at Peel and perfect his game for another year or two or play for Freo as a forward/ inside mid until he gets it right. He looks like he needs some continuity. He is getting jerked around too much. Our midfield isn't set. Tonight showed that. May as well try and develop him this year in the Afl or leave him at Peel. Brodie should be playing before him, Johnson and O'Meara (hate to say).
If Brodie doesn't get a fame next week what has he done to upset the coach ?

Bust. Example of an (underage) kid with a bigger body dominating against smaller ones at PSA level. The exact type to avoid at draft time. Skils, footy iq, decision making, speed, lacking. Even overhead marking is mediocre at best. Best case scenario a libba style extractor or tagger, but needs to build a massive tank, work on burst acceleration and add more intensity if so. Needs to find out what he does well, and quickly. At this stage, it's not clear.

Bust. Example of an (underage) kid with a bigger body dominating against smaller ones at PSA level. The exact type to avoid at draft time. Skils, footy iq, decision making, speed, lacking. Even overhead marking is mediocre at best. Best case scenario a libba style extractor or tagger, but needs to build a massive tank, work on burst acceleration and add more intensity if so. Needs to find out what he does well, and quickly. At this stage, it's not clear.
Yesterday he was Hugh's like in his disposal.
Second guessing himself.
Drained of confidence.
Remembering his first game, he had a lot of self belief.
It's been coached out of him.

Yesterday he was Hugh's like in his disposal.
Second guessing himself.
Drained of confidence.
Remembering his first game, he had a lot of self belief.
It's been coached out of him.
This is my impression too. I remember my son's comment in Ras's 1st game, 'He looks at home already.' Now he looks the opposite. Is he 'over-coached'? Round peg/square hole? Too much being asked too soon? He and Johnson have both lost dynamism and effectiveness and look C-graders. They weren't.

This is my impression too. I remember my son's comment in Ras's 1st game, 'He looks at home already.' Now he looks the opposite. Is he 'over-coached'? Round peg/square hole? Too much being asked too soon? He and Johnson have both lost dynamism and effectiveness and look C-graders. They weren't.
Is said this in the JLo thread but isn't this just role? In his first two games he had 60% cba (ie hes playing inside mid). I don't think in a game since he'd have seen more than 25%.

I just find him really hard to judge as I think he's an inside mid or pretty limited, but his lack of exposure there or continuity to date has made it pretty hard on him.

If he tries really, really, really hard he could be Ben Keays.

Warning: Never cream yourself over PSA footy highlights. It's daylight between the Vic schools and lower than colts.

This is a guy that has been trained up to be an inside mid then gets selected in the Freo side as sub and is put forward. While the two teams play a similar style, it is different personnel. It must be difficult to come in under those circumstances and make a positive impact. We need to decide what our aims are this year. If it is a development year, play him with Freo. Otherwise, leave him at Peel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back