Toast Welcome to Fremantle Neil Erasmus (pick 10 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

he would make awesome trade bait, but then he could be elite at another club

What would you expect for Erasmus? Liam Henry showed a bit at AFL level as a top 10 pick and went for a future 2nd rounder. Erasmus has shown nothing so we're getting less, pick 40-50. That's nothing.

What would you expect for Erasmus? Liam Henry showed a bit at AFL level as a top 10 pick and went for a future 2nd rounder. Erasmus has shown nothing so we're getting less, pick 40-50. That's nothing.
no idea, but he needs to be patient to become a permanent player

I don't feel like he has the same ego as Henry, but he might become just as frustrated

Sonny, Emmett, 5 and 6 disposals yet Neil is not good enough?
2D as the sub. Absolute joke he is the sub, setup to fail.
Worst were Tabs, Walters. JOM, Johnson, Switta, Emmett, Hughes and Jackson.

The Crows sub came on had something like 9 possessions and a goal in the final quarter and helped them win the game. I'm not expecting that, but for Erasmus to come on and have 2 possessions and 3 free kicks against is embarrassing.

No no, it's not as cut and dried as chance of finals = no development. Unless of course for you finals = premiership.

I think it's fair to say if Brennan Cox stays fit we're 5-0? You have to be in it to win it, Erasmus isn't best 23 on form.

I'm almost sure Erasmus is a bust but we need to find out. Just bite the bullet and drop O'Meara. He offers next to nothing and can't even kick regulation set shots.

And play Brodie. At least he can get his hands on it in the cliches. Play Erasmus as a starting mid/forward and Brodie as sub.
Somethings got to give.

Every centre bounce we have 3 of Fyfe/Brayshaw/Serong/Young in there. Whose midfield minutes are you cutting for Erasmus?

I'm almost sure Erasmus is a bust but we need to find out. Just bite the bullet and drop O'Meara. He offers next to nothing and can't even kick regulation set shots.

And play Brodie. At least he can get his hands on it in the cliches. Play Erasmus as a starting mid/forward and Brodie as sub.
Somethings got to give.
but that could risk games, especially these close ones?

I don't believe JLo wants to fiddle much with the engine room

How are we going to get consistent gametime into Neil at AFL level?
A pick 10 in this third season needs to be playing games at the top level. Otherwise the inevitable outcome is Dylan Stephens/will Brodie/paddy dow type scenario where he ends up a bust at his original club.
I think he’s too good to be playing for Peel much longer… so is there a way we get him into the side at half back or half forward?

Erasmus on Saturday played one of the worst games I've seen from a Fremantle player in the last decade. It was Zach Clarke/Tommy Sheridan/Cam Sutcliffe bad.

Go back to Peel and wait for an opening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every centre bounce we have 3 of Fyfe/Brayshaw/Serong/Young in there. Whose midfield minutes are you cutting for Erasmus?
Yep that's the problem isn't it. No matter which way you slice it it doesn't work. Get him to do whatever it is that O'Meara was supposed to be doing. Or play him for Emmett up forward. Neither of them are exactly covering themselves in glory.
Or let him have a crack at Johnson's role.

Our bottom few players were very ordinary. Is Erasmus that one dimensional he can't play as a pressure forward with stints on the wing? There are plenty of ball-ups and boundary throw-ins inside 50 he can show his clearance skills.

Is Johnson the new Henry?

This board roasts Erasmus at will, but Johnson is untouchable?

Johnson had 11d, only 3 of which were kicks, one went out on the full for a total of 61m gained. That's over 4 quarters

The week before, Johnson got subbed out because he was poor

Yet Erasmus is copping it?!

Commonsense Erasmus is an inside mid, so playing as a sub and not as an inside mid is hardly a great decision by the club

Clubs development of Erasmus is the most dissapointing part

Johnson had 11d, only 3 of which were kicks, one went out on the full for a total of 61m gained. That's over 4 quarters

Commonsense Erasmus is an inside mid, so playing as a sub and not as an inside mid is hardly a great decision by the club

Yeah it’s weird the different treatment the 2 get. Is it re Fyfe talking Johnson up as the next big thing? They’ve both been similarly underwhelming to date, and yet one seems to get endless patience and the other none at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with everything here except for the Henry bit. Johnson has at least shown me something I can be hopeful about. Henry is genuine dud.

He is see ball, get ball

No footy awareness/IQ, can't kick, can't handball, seems a decent mark though

I just don't know how we develop him, he can't play inside mid at AFL level because we have better players in there and we want to win games, he gets a run at Peel and has a tonne of ball but his disposal isn't getting any better there either.

I agree that being sub isn't great for him but he would be a liability playing a full game. I don't want to hear any of this play him forward nonsense either, he doesn't have the footy brain for it, he consistently makes poor decisions (at AFL level and in the preseason intras)

Its too early to call him a bust but WTF do we do with him, I've said for a while that he is in the Matt Crouch mould, arguably the good teams don't really need someone like him anymore
Trade him while he still has that early pick aura to someone like Saints who need young talent

I just don’t see him getting much of a crack ay it . We’ve come to the pointy end of the rebuild and can’t afford to drop games testing out young guys

I don’t know , bloody hard one
He has a solid dig and is pretty tough just doesn’t seem to have a footy brain
Either him or Brodie needs to be moved on for their own careers sake . Not fair on them

Easy to forget he was picked in 2021 largely off some schools footy performances. It wasn’t a normal underage season (cheers Mark McGowan). He didn’t dominate at state 18 level like most normal draft years.
He looked incredible playing for Hale school but there’s a massive difference between that and even WA v Vic Country at u18 level.
Yep and it was about the same time we were under the pump for Vic players leaving. Was a knee jerk reaction.

Trade him while he still has that early pick aura to someone like Saints who need young talent

I just don’t see him getting much of a crack ay it . We’ve come to the pointy end of the rebuild and can’t afford to drop games testing out young guys

I don’t know , bloody hard one
He has a solid dig and is pretty tough just doesn’t seem to have a footy brain
Either him or Brodie needs to be moved on for their own careers sake . Not fair on them
can you imagine the media when we realise we have to let some talent go because we just can't play them all?

Difference is Johnson has definitely got it , someone just needs to get in his head and light the fire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back