Toast Welcome to Fremantle Neil Erasmus (pick 10 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Im concerned but I hold hope that it’s basically Fyfes current role or nothing for him at AFL anyway. The “support” mid who feeds it out to everyone else and gets to the bottom of as many packs as possible.

Bonus over current Fyfe would be he’d be able to pressure 50x better, downside is he for some reason doesn’t look like he’ll have half the arms or shoulders Fyfe does

All we are saaaaaaayyyyyyying, is give Raz a chance...

If we are chance of finals action, we should be playing our best 22 not based on potential future or development reasons.

Having said playing Weagles, it might be good chance to rest Fyfe and giving Raz a go, although if he does ok, people will say it's only Weagles lol. Other than that rest Jag

I'm a fan of dropping JOM too but does everyone here realise that JOM had 0 CBA's?

It's not a role Erasmus can play, he is a pure inside mid, we cannot force him into the team when we have better players doing a great job.

Our midfield is seriously flying right now and people want to upset that mix?

This is what I mean by not knowing what to do with him, the coaches can see it too I reckon.

We can bite the bullet and play him on johnno's wing role but anyone who is sitting here and thinking that role is doing Johnno any good right now is mistaken, so I can't see how it will be any better for someone who is slower, makes poor decisions and is a worse user of the ball.

Because he's very obviously not a pressure forward.

He's an inside mid and I think a pretty talented one. It's there or Peel.
I disagree, there is no evidence to suggest he can't make it as a high forward. Remember, it worked for Banfield. I'm not saying it will work but I want to see it trialled.

I disagree, there is no evidence to suggest he can't make it as a high forward. Remember, it worked for Banfield. I'm not saying it will work but I want to see it trialled.
Banfield has a footy brain mate, he is limited in many areas but his footy brain helps him

Erasmus does not, he can't use his footy brain to make up for the lack of speed, it's inside mid or bust at this rate.

We can give him a go at pressure forward in the wafl for 5 games but the pace is slower there anyway so no guarantees he would convert it. I don't see the coaches doing that though, I think they can see a decent extractor in him, the problem is we don't have that role for him right now.

Banfield has a footy brain mate, he is limited in many areas but his footy brain helps him

Erasmus does not, he can't use his footy brain to make up for the lack of speed, it's inside mid or bust at this rate.

We can give him a go at pressure forward in the wafl for 5 games but the pace is slower there anyway so no guarantees he would convert it. I don't see the coaches doing that though, I think they can see a decent extractor in him, the problem is we don't have that role for him right now.
He could be that decent extractor in the forward line.
Can kick goals from 50m, can play midfield minutes.
One quarter of footy in four weeks and he is apparently done.
Play him forward, run with role as a tagger. I’ve seen the same thing
said about Menegola and Collins, yet they went on to bigger things.
We have the best inside mid extraction in the league, will brody wasting away in the wafl. 🤣
All the rage against Neil, yet Fyfe, Walters, JOM, will be done very shortly.
Sure let’s trade both👎

Yeah I don't see it either. What are his strengths supposed to be at this level.

Still waaay too early though.

Size, tackling, gut running (both ways), accumulation, decent mark. Some forward ability, albeit not usually down there. He's the same style of player as Dunkley (including the negatives for speed and kicking).

Maybe he will be at the De Boer (just AFL capable) or Greg Clark (good WAFL player) end of the spectrum, but there are players like Dunkley, Taranto, Josh Kennedy, etc who have made it with his strengths and weaknesses. These guys had similar stats at the start of their careers when compared with the full games that Erasmus has played.

He's still very young. Willem Drew is now a good player, and he didn't even make his debut until he was Erasmus' current age.

We're shooting both him and and ourselves in the foot by having him has the sub. He's not getting a decent chance to adjust to the pressure and pace at AFL level, and we can't afford resulting turnovers at such crucial stages of the game. We also deprive ourselves from having a sub that can come in and have an instant impact on a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're shooting both him and and ourselves in the foot by having him has the sub. He's not getting a decent chance to adjust to the pressure and pace at AFL level, and we can't afford resulting turnovers at such crucial stages of the game. We also deprive ourselves from having a sub that can come in and have an instant impact on a game.
Agreed. He isn’t a good sub, but what’s your solution, full games at afl or full games at peel?

after thinking it over, it's gotta be at Peel until we have an injury that allows him in for his actual role
I would consider dropping Johno and playing Ras on the wing/rotating through the centre. Johno is being gifted games and his development has been stunted. I know Ras' disposal isn't good enough for wing but he can run all day.

I would consider dropping Johno and playing Ras on the wing/rotating through the centre. Johno is being gifted games and his development has been stunted. I know Ras' disposal isn't good enough for wing but he can run all day.
Can’t imagine the reaction on here If Erasmus had “performed” that banana debacle that Johnson did. What a nightmare that was.

He could be that decent extractor in the forward line.
Can kick goals from 50m, can play midfield minutes.
One quarter of footy in four weeks and he is apparently done.
Play him forward, run with role as a tagger. I’ve seen the same thing
said about Menegola and Collins, yet they went on to bigger things.

All the rage against Neil, yet Fyfe, Walters, JOM, will be done very shortly.
Sure let’s trade both👎
Spot on , at this stage hard to see Sonny going on next year as he has lost a yard in pace, JOM has none at all and in danger of becoming a list clogger ,Nat if he goes on next year needs to reinvent himself as a marking half forward and he has shown on a couple of times this year he can still do it
Inside mid distributor going forward over the next few years needs to be Ras or Johno, we know Ras can do it well at Wafl level but he needs to get a decent chance in the seniors otherwise another club will take him when his current contract expires (IE another Henry or Griff both first round picks)
Jlo is fighting for his coaching future so not sure he is thinking too much about what the side needs to look like in say 2 years time

Play him in Sonny’s spot …. See what happens 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not a huge gamble

Maybe he becomes a Kyle Langford type

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we are chance of finals action, we should be playing our best 22 not based on potential future or development reasons.

Having said playing Weagles, it might be good chance to rest Fyfe and giving Raz a go, although if he does ok, people will say it's only Weagles lol. Other than that rest Jag
No no, it's not as cut and dried as chance of finals = no development. Unless of course for you finals = premiership.

He doesn't seem to have awareness of what is going on around him. I dont know if you can teach that.
I disagree. I think you are judging a 20-game kid brought on as a sub in a high pressure situation who yesterday got shafted by the umps. I have seen him look a lot better than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back