Toast Welcome to Fremantle Karl Worner (pick 8 2021 rookie draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

The mistake was having Worner manning the much stronger and bigger Powell-Pepper. He was killed in one on one contests. Every time the ball went inside Port's 50 and it went SPP's direction, I knew he was marking it.

The mistake was having Worner manning the much stronger and bigger Powell-Pepper. He was killed in one on one contests. Every time the ball went inside Port's 50 and it went SPP's direction, I knew he was marking it.

You know who wouldn’t have been out muscled like that- Ethan Huuuuuge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest trier but he's not strong/fast and doesn't have the skills to compensate. His attack from the back is more about willingness more than skill or pace. Why can't we just instill that into the rest of the defense.

Honest trier but he's not strong/fast and doesn't have the skills to compensate. His attack from the back is more about willingness more than skill or pace. Why can't we just instill that into the rest of the defense.

He’s got a lot more he’s yet to show. His WAFL form will translate to afl soon enough. He wins a disproportionate amount of contests, it’ll shine through soon enough.

He’s got a lot more he’s yet to show. His WAFL form will translate to afl soon enough. He wins a disproportionate amount of contests, it’ll shine through soon enough.
I watch a grand total of zero WAFL games a year so will have to take your word for it. What sort of player comparison do you like him to?

I missed the game due to work but watched the afl highlights which pretty well consisted of Worner getting goal kicked on him... surely there's some positives to take out of it somewhere?
A list spot vacancy?

Hopefully was just a little pothole in the developmental pathway to a good AFL career, but the second last game of the year isn't an ideal time for a game like that. Was a rough day at the office.

A list spot vacancy?

Hopefully was just a little pothole in the developmental pathway to a good AFL career, but the second last game of the year isn't an ideal time for a game like that. Was a rough day at the office.
Isnt he contracted for 2024? Lucky for him..

Well we have given Hughes a decade and Banfield 7 years in the system and they are still making basic errors on a regular basis.

So why not give Worner some time.
He has been given a 2 year deal, so I guess he will have time, but I hope Chapman and Walker are available.

There is some novel decision making nevertheless, with Hughes (a decent enough depth defender) given a 4 year contract, then rarely played apart from on wing or at Peel. And Worner (drafted as a winger, a position we are unsettled in) given an extension while being groomed as a defender.

Last edited:
I watch a grand total of zero WAFL games a year so will have to take your word for it. What sort of player comparison do you like him to?

Jordan Clark without the absolute high end pace. Huge tank, good above his head, wins a disproportionate amount of contests, good kicking skills, also finds the ball at will in the WAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill say it again. Really quite perplexed. People calling to blood the youngsters and get games into them when season was still young. Now the season was done and people complaining when they do. Should we select next year based on form and b22 at the time or getting games into youngsters.

Can't have it both ways

Last edited:
Ill say it again. Really quite perplexed. People calling to blood the youngsters and get games into them when season was still young. Now the season was done and people complaining when they do. Should we select next year based on form and b22 at the time or getting games into youngsters.
It's only good to blood youngsters if they show the potential to be a multiple Brownlow medallist in their first 2 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back