Toast Welcome to Fremantle Karl Worner (pick 8 2021 rookie draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

"Debutant shows effort", so rare for that to happen. His decision making was pretty bad, but that isn't too concerning for a first run at it. His delivery was a bit more of a concern though.

Yeah, he looked panicky whenever he got the ball - which is a bit of a concern as the game was well and truly over by the time he got on the field and you'd think the pressure would have dropped a little.
Not that he should get axed, if anything it's worth giving him a go as part of the 22. You'll certainly find out how composed he is with the ball against Collingwood.

Yeah, he looked panicky whenever he got the ball - which is a bit of a concern as the game was well and truly over by the time he got on the field and you'd think the pressure would have dropped a little.
Not that he should get axed, if anything it's worth giving him a go as part of the 22. You'll certainly find out how composed he is with the ball against Collingwood.
Wouldn’t mind betting that he’ll be out with calf injury. Had ice on it and was emotional after game ????

Absolutely should be kept in. I'd be all for developing players to get 3 in a row, unless totally untenable to do so.

Heard a rumour that Karl did his calf in the warm up and didn't say anything, not great if true
I wouldn't have said anything either, poor bloke. Imagine if he did and was a late out with his whole family watching, would've sucked for a young bloke.

The kid's cursed. Gets injured in his first game and then has people spreading rumours about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sheesh give me more than two games before writing him off
He hasn't shown much at the top level but his sample size is two games. Bloody hell I'll wait until the end of next season before making a judgement on him. Wagner was s**t in his first two games but has been awesome this season.

Funny how when earlier on in season when we still had something to play for everyone was insisting to play him, but now we got nothing to play for and he is in, everyone is bagging him

Well we have given Hughes a decade and Banfield 7 years in the system and they are still making basic errors on a regular basis.

So why not give Worner some time.
Clearly we should but he needs to be stronger in the contest than he was today. I assume Chapman will take his spot and he will resume as a backup.

I missed the game due to work but watched the afl highlights which pretty well consisted of Worner getting goal kicked on him... surely there's some positives to take out of it somewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back