Welcome Welcome Jaeger O'Meara!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS did a medical on him, and the next day their list manager is on radio saying they hope that Jaegar chooses them because they're positive he can manage some midfield minutes amongst playing other positions, and he has good training standards.
People thinking we're getting a midfield powerhouse might want to temper their expectations.
I remember Matthew Knights saying that Mark Williams had definitely overcome his knee problems and was a great trade from the hawks. I don't want to see that happen here. I hope we've done our due diligence and he stars🤞🤞

Re-posting my thoghts from earlier in the thread when we first did the trade, haven't changed them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll be an awesome addition Snuff for what its worth. No one else is talking him up so I will. I think he'll bring way more class then most here think. Speaking to a Hawthorn supporting mate he thinks we got a bargain deal. O'Meara in recent times hasn't had the issues with his knees that some are making out according to him and was in some of his best form as recently as 2021 where he finished 3rd in the best and fairest. Last year he also played really well when onball but spent a lot of time at half forward. I think many will change their minds on his recruitment once they see him play a bit. He's really good at applying pressure and tackling which was a weakness with our centre clearance rotations last year. If we get 2021 Jaeger then he'll be a terrific recruit and Fyfe will be able to spend most of his time forward.

My early tip for the recruit of the year. He'll have a point to prove. Watch him and Fyfe train the house down and be in beast mode next season. His speed is actually really good according to my friend so take that for what its worth but the knee issues seem behind him. I think he'll be one of the best recruits in our history and the Hawks will regret their decision massively. Time will tell.
Has your Hawks friend confessed that he was taking the piss yet?

Pretty disappointing trade so far. He doesn't provide the physical presence I was hoping for in the middle. It's just like having another Brayshaw, except he doesn't get into space as much on transition.

The mix is so much worse in there now than it was with Brodie firing last year.

Pretty disappointing trade so far. He doesn't provide the physical presence I was hoping for in the middle. It's just like having another Brayshaw, except he doesn't get into space as much on transition.

The mix is so much worse in there now than it was with Brodie firing last year.

Why did we drop Brodie because of one poor game when every player played terribly?

O'Meara has been terrible except for the last 10 mins against North

But you haven't had to watch Lloyd fricken Meek spudding it up for Hawthorn this year.🤮 :mad::thumbsdown:
He has been meek to say the least. Meek by name, meek by nature.

Virtually invisible in his 3 games for the Hawks (averaging 8 disposals and 13 hitouts)

This is his "highlight" reel for 2023 :eek::D

It's a bit of a non-event trade, if you ask me.

People built it up on Big Footy & in the media in order to dog-pile on Hawthorn about us "losing experience".
  • We got ourselves a dud ruckman who takes the occasional mark (supposedly... I've yet to see it)
  • You got yourselves a dud one-paced midfielder who wins a few hard balls and usually sprays his shots for goal.

Nuthin' really to see here, folks.

JOM will play a couple of good games for the Dockers, but he's really just an experienced depth player for you guys.
I haven't lost any sleep over him being traded.

Last edited:
Without sounding rude!!! The posters on here thinking we’ll outcast him after just 6 games is just plain stupid.

4 year contract, 29 years old and tbh hasn’t been the worst but far from the best. Ladies and gentlemen we are stuck with him if you like it or not.

He is a defensive liability and I think there’s only one option for him to stay in seniors. HFF role or even deep fwd. Good kick for goal and sticky hands for his size.

Simply too good for Peel, but not good enough playing midfield in the AFL anymore. Our illustrious coach needs to figure out what to do with him.

Without sounding rude!!! The posters on here thinking we’ll outcast him after just 6 games is just plain stupid.

4 year contract, 29 years old and tbh hasn’t been the worst but far from the best. Ladies and gentlemen we are stuck with him if you like it or not.

He is a defensive liability and I think there’s only one option for him to stay in seniors. HFF role or even deep fwd. Good kick for goal and sticky hands for his size.

Simply too good for Peel, but not good enough playing midfield in the AFL anymore. Our illustrious coach needs to figure out what to do with him.
Yep. The experiment is over.

The issue is not him. It is the role he plays vs the player the teams needs.

I have no issues with him, more bell who brought him in.

I’m gonna choose to believe that after his 5 years with chronic injuries at the Suns, he’s needed a full 5 years at the Hawks to condition his body back to its full strength and athleticism and now at 28 he’s about to play career best footy for Freo and realise all that pre-draft hype from his junior years.

😬

Well, if you don’t have belief what do you have with this club.

It’s not 4 years, is it?
Wake me up in 2027 when this nightmare ends

Was it last year against us at Optus where he had that brilliant game? If he can reproduce anything near that we would be happy. Might just be teething problems but he seems to have a limp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back