Welcome Welcome Jaeger O'Meara!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you guys don't want to hear this given he's still got what, two years?, left to run on his contract but JOM was already borderline cooked in his last year at the Hawks.

Even in his best years for us he had an alarming habit of producing the odd absolute shocker, a trait you don't expect from a supposed A grade player.

I think that knee injury was a lot worse than anyone suspected. He was never the same player afterwards.

But that is for big Meeksy, he had a slow start at the club last year but he's picking up pace this year. He still wouldn't be getting a gig at Freo given you have Darcy and Jackson.

I think that knee injury was a lot worse than anyone suspected. He was never the same player afterwards.

The injury he had has ended many careers in other sports. Somehow the hawks medicos got him to about 70% of his peak and that’s about it. Why we gave him 4 years is beyond me. Must have been watching too many Gold Coast highlights.

I know you guys don't want to hear this given he's still got what, two years?, left to run on his contract but JOM was already borderline cooked in his last year at the Hawks.

Even in his best years for us he had an alarming habit of producing the odd absolute shocker, a trait you don't expect from a supposed A grade player.

But that is for big Meeksy, he had a slow start at the club last year but he's picking up pace this year. He still wouldn't be getting a gig at Freo given you have Darcy and Jackson.
I prefer your honesty to the Hawks fans who came here acting so puzzled after he stank it up last year too. I tihnk for the people running our club they still held circa-2011 opinions of O'Meara

I prefer your honesty to the Hawks fans who came here acting so puzzled after he stank it up last year too. I tihnk for the people running our club they still held circa-2011 opinions of O'Meara
I think I was a bigger critic of JOM than most on our board.

We paid a massive trade price for him and honestly he was never more than a solid B player during his times at the Hawks (and that’s being generous).

We paid through the nose for both JOM and Wingard assuming they were going to be A+ stars and whilst they did have periods of excellence it was sandwiched between pretty big periods of very average form.

At least you didn’t pay a huge price in terms of trade capital though, you can probably come to some kind of arrangement with JOM to take early retirement.

he can go to peel as a playing coach for the rest of a year then be paid out. There is literally no reason to play him in the 1s and smacks of conservatism and favouritism.

Leadership on the training track is meaningless if you don’t lead on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I was a bigger critic of JOM than most on our board.

We paid a massive trade price for him and honestly he was never more than a solid B player during his times at the Hawks (and that’s being generous).

We paid through the nose for both JOM and Wingard assuming they were going to be A+ stars and whilst they did have periods of excellence it was sandwiched between pretty big periods of very average form.

At least you didn’t pay a huge price in terms of trade capital though, you can probably come to some kind of arrangement with JOM to take early retirement.
Wingard was a bigger disappointment overall - not just for you guys but the AFL. Seriously looked like he'd be the kind of player that would tear the comp apart in his early years, but never put it together. At least JOM had the excuse of injury.

Yeah the more I think about this guy the more pissed off I get.

Club viewed him as a Mundy replacement, which by itself should be enough to warrant a rant and be a complete insult on anyones intelligence.

Gets thrown into the leadership group based off what? Age?

Takes Brodies spot and gets gifted all of the 2023 playing season, why? Because Brodie started to slow down a little in 2022... the guy played his first full season EVER and basically as many games in the one season as his entire career combined at GCS.

Seriously * this guy off and get Brodie back in.

We are a slow team with a relatively slow midfield which, in the modern AFL, is death.

JOM is a slow midfielder with no real point of difference who is at best our 5th best midfielder and at worst is actively preventing other players from developing.

he can go to peel as a playing coach for the rest of a year then be paid out. There is literally no reason to play him in the 1s and smacks of conservatism and favouritism.

Leadership on the training track is meaningless if you don’t lead on field.

A lot of sunk cost fallacy I reckon. The club will feel like we made the right decision to give him 4 years and will try to justify it by giving him games.

The right thing to do would be to pay him out at the end of the year and basically say yeah we ****ed up and gave him too many years. Doubt we’ll do it.

A lot of sunk cost fallacy I reckon. The club will feel like we made the right decision to give him 4 years and will try to justify it by giving him games.

The right thing to do would be to pay him out at the end of the year and basically say yeah we ****ed up and gave him too many years. Doubt we’ll do it.
Yep. Success is realising you ****ed up and not doubling down.

We are a slow team with a relatively slow midfield which, in the modern AFL, is death.

JOM is a slow midfielder with no real point of difference who is at best our 5th best midfielder and at worst is actively preventing other players from developing.
You can’t rely on the old boys to turn back the clock regularly.
If the coach backs Walters, Fyfe and JOM it will cost him his job.
Playing safe, conservative footy only sets us up for long term failure.
Midfield forward connection is still an issue after how many years?
How anyone can think we have a world class coaching dept?
We can’t even pull off the basics, and play with natural flair.
We have leg speed on the list, yet JOM looks like he can only play as a
small forward. His days in the centre are very limited, can someone tell the
Coach?

I was a defender as I saw him a way to use his disposal to link the midfield with half fwd. An area we desperately need.
After the last 4 weeks. FOQ.
Back to Peel and as has been previously posted be an on field development coach.
Maintain the high training standards but except your cooked at an AFL level.

I was a defender as I saw him a way to use his disposal to link the midfield with half fwd. An area we desperately need.
After the last 4 weeks. FOQ.
Back to Peel and as has been previously posted be an on field development coach.
Maintain the high training standards but except your cooked at an AFL level.
Yeah, until/ if he bangs the door down for AFL selection we should ask him to help mentor and develop our young players at Peel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back