Toast Welcome ANTHONY CAMINITI

Remove this Banner Ad

what's his tank like? Could he be a long term project for another Wood type, get him up the ground a bit, a target for the kicks out of D50.
Got to try and find him a link up role when Membrey and King are back in. If he can operate between the arcs and jag a goal a game, he'll be a huge link player and marking gun behind the ball when in team zone defence.

So many attributes if he can work it all out.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sticky fingers, quick off the mark, and a big kick - what more could we want in a prospective key forward. Significantly early days, so want to be mindful of how we looked at players like your Spencer Whites or Tom Lees of the world, but Caminiti has, so far, shown ample promise.

Other teams are kissed on the proverbial bell-shaped end in the form of Father-Son jets, pre-academy restriction pickups (or both), but maybe Caminiti could be our slice of luck. A brilliant cherry on top to Pou and last year’s duo.

He looks lithe framed to me. Can see him as a more slim build even long term. Phillipou I reckon has the frame that looks like it will beef up, hasn't got much muscle on him yet, but still a decent size. Once he chucks on some meat he'll be an absolute unit. Already meant to be around 90 kegs with very little hanging on the frame.
80D47F51-72E6-40DE-A2F2-51D562318DA5.jpeg

Sticky fingers, quick off the mark, and a big kick - what more could we want in a prospective key forward. Significantly early days, so want to be mindful of how we looked at players like your Spencer Whites or Tom Lees of the world, but Caminiti has, so far, shown ample promise.

Other teams are kissed on the proverbial bell-shaped end in the form of Father-Son jets, pre-academy restriction pickups (or both), but maybe Caminiti could be our slice of luck. A brilliant cherry on top to Pou and last year’s duo.
Tom Lee was an average, to good player.
Spencer White showed some promise, but by all accounts didn't have the desire.

Caminiti seems to have it in spades. I'm all in on this kid.

Tom Lee was an average, to good player.
Spencer White showed some promise, but by all accounts didn't have the desire.

Caminiti seems to have it in spades. I'm all in on this kid.

Tom Lee was never given a chance under Richo. When he came in he wrote off a few that he decided were Watter's boys. Did it with Siposs and a few others too.

Tom Lee was never given a chance under Richo. When he came in he wrote off a few that he decided were Watter's boys. Did it with Siposs and a few others too.
Something for which Sipposs will be eternally grateful I’m sure.

What’s this guys contract and list status? Was he picked up as a rookie or is he on the main list?

He’s gonna be a bloody gun! Only just turned 19 & looks like he was cut out of stone. Plus he’s got several elite attributes. You compare him to Darcy who has spaghetti arms or Paddy Mac when we recruited him who was quite chubby. The Hammer is the complete opposite! And I realise it isn’t a bodybuilding contest.

What’s this guys contract and list status? Was he picked up as a rookie or is he on the main list?

He’s gonna be a bloody gun! Only just turned 19 & looks like he was cut out of stone. Plus he’s got several elite attributes. You compare him to Darcy who has spaghetti arms or Paddy Mac when we recruited him who was quite chubby. The Hammer is the complete opposite! And I realise it isn’t a bodybuilding contest.
picked up as a rookie. Usually its a one year contract.

There’s a media story about him three posts up.
A very interesting read.
Hopefully going to be an inspired pick up for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

● Ranked 1st among rising stars in Contested Marks Per Game ● Ranked 1st among rising stars in Inside 50s Per Game
● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Hitouts Per Game ● Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Marks Per Game
● Ranked 5th among rising stars in Goal Assists Per Game ● Ranked 5th among rising stars in Goals Per Game
● Ranked 7th among rising stars in Marks Inside 50 Per Game ● Ranked 7th among rising stars in Score Involvements Per Game
● Ranked 8th among rising stars in Time On Ground % Per Game ● Ranked 9th among rising stars in Contested Possessions Per Game
● Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Contested Marks ● Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Inside 50s
● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Total Hitouts ● Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Goal Assists
● Ranked 4th among rising stars in Total Marks ● Ranked 5th among rising stars in Total Goals
● Ranked 7th among rising stars in Total Marks Inside 50 ● Ranked 8th among rising stars in Total Score Involvements
● Ranked 9th among rising stars in Total Contested Possessions ● Ranked 9th among rising stars in Total Time On Ground %
● Ranked 10th among rising stars in Total Metres Gained ● Ranked 10th among rising stars in Total Turnovers

Tom Lee's hair was the main problem. The Cho just hated that teased bouffant hairstyle and Tom wouldn't change it. It reminded him of his childhood poodle. CYA Tom.

Sorry for the intrusion, but I wanted to say that I personally still have a lot of respect for Caminiti. It was a mistake and had unfortunate consequences but he didn't look for excuses. Reading Zita's Tweets show a man who's made a mistake and hasn't shied away from it. He didn't look to say it was retaliation, instead he owned up. That's admirable and there are many blokes in the AFL who wouldn't have. He's a good kid and I hope he can perform well in his career. We all do stupid things at some point and while not all lead to concussions, most lead to unexpected consequences. Not for a moment do I think he went out to deliberately injury Murphy and if anything, he's become the name and face to the latest concussion story. Murphy himself, in an alternate world, could have struck Caminiti - they were both at it. He's apologised, he'll serve his time and then, the future is his. But I think the way some Collingwood fans are bagging out Caminiti is unfair given when actually looking at the situation from both sides, it's less black and white than it seems at first glance.

Has a first year player ever shown this much for us in his first year?
Misses the draft last minute call up
Signed on after taking three pack marks at his first training sesh
Selected round one
Kicks first goal r2 and all subsequent rounds
Makes presence felt in each game played
Carlton fans dirty he was pinched from right under their noses
Gets suspended for 3 weeks after r5 😂😂😂
What a legend!!!

Compare the output from Caminiti and Ben King from 5 games this year - just a small sample size obviously.
If Caminiti contnues this trajectory, have we just saved ourselves a boatload of cash from chasing someone like Ben?

Compare the output from Caminiti and Ben King from 5 games this year - just a small sample size obviously.
If Caminiti contnues this trajectory, have we just saved ourselves a boatload of cash from chasing someone like Ben?
Yes but some get caught up in the romance. I wish Ben all the best for his career but playing for us is/should be on need only basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back