Autopsy Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a big call, but if Wood keeps playing like this on the wing, I dont see why he wouldn't be in the frame of AA

He's always had the talent but his body and a lack of consistency have marked him down. If he plays his best footy every week he'd be one if not the best wingman in the AFL. Ed Langdon would be looking over his shoulder. Wood has a better attacking game IMO but Langdon is better at the defensive end.

He's always had the talent but his body and a lack of consistency have marked him down. If he plays his best footy every week he'd be one if not the best wingman in the AFL. Ed Langdon would be looking over his shoulder. Wood has a better attacking game IMO but Langdon is better at the defensive end.

It's kinda funny we managed to get woods body right but it seems we traded it for the rest of the squad being injured...

Wilkie should be in the frame for AA. Just an absolute gun who almost never gets beaten, makes good decisions under pressure and doesn't tend to bite off more than he can chew.

What a farkin steal.
He was in the AA squad last year. Looks like his gone up a gear tho based on rd 1 this year. Was sensational defensively and offensively

He was in the AA squad last year. Looks like his gone up a gear tho based on rd 1 this year. Was sensational defensively and offensively
If he starts getting more involved offensively like he did at the start of his career he’d be $1.01 to be AA at some point. That can only happen though if he doesn’t have to play key position like he’s been forced to do the last couple of years.

He's kicked at least a goal in his last seven matches. It's more than just that, though. He's really stepping up, leadership from the best clubman.
Barely wastes a kick, consistently gets a decent amount of ball and does well in the air supporting defence and providing an outlet. Hope he can have a consistent run on the park, but happy I was very wrong about his recruitment

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Maso had a breakout year at 30yo like Hickey did. He’s got all the tools, has now got some continuity going, and will hopefully now be starting to really believe in himself.

You’d love to be able to clone him and have another one or two of him out there. One for the wing, one for high-HF and one for the bench would be ideal.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Maso had a breakout year at 30yo like Hickey did. He’s got all the tools, has now got some continuity going, and will hopefully now be starting to really believe in himself.

You’d love to be able to clone him and have another one or two of him out there. One for the wing, one for high-HF and one for the bench would be ideal.

The role he's playing is pretty much a hybrid HHF/wing/defender. That old fashioned idea of a wingman has changed these days, it's one of the most demanding in footy. It really suits him because most players his size can't keep up with him. He is definitely playing his best footy now. Hopefully he has another 3 or 4 years left.

The role he's playing is pretty much a hybrid HHF/wing/defender. That old fashioned idea of a wingman has changed these days, it's one of the most demanding in footy. It really suits him because most players his size can't keep up with him. He is definitely playing his best footy now. Hopefully he has another 3 or 4 years left.
Does Dmac have a place in our best 22 anymore? Poor bloke got his injury run at the worst time. Wood looks like he equals Dmac’s physicality and attack on the footy but with added offensive power.

Hill is the superstar wing moved back into position under the coach who got him a best and fairest.

Does Dmac have a place in our best 22 anymore? Poor bloke got his injury run at the worst time. Wood looks like he equals Dmac’s physicality and attack on the footy but with added offensive power.

Hill is the superstar wing moved back into position under the coach who got him a best and fairest.
Be hard competition for spots for any position other than key forward once we get players coming back. In saying that we're coming off a win. Have to see how players back it up. Also the 1-2 year will probably be tiring past the midway point

Dmac would be first picked on the wing for me. His form when he’s actually played the last couple of years has made him the perfect winger. It’s unfortunate he’s starting to look cooked though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Hills running in the second half was exceptional. Will be a huge weapon for us this year given the way we want to play.

Dmac would be first picked on the wing for me. His form when he’s actually played the last couple of years has made him the perfect winger. It’s unfortunate he’s starting to look cooked though.
He’d also be absolutely perfectly suited to our current game plan, where we’re playing like a basketball team, running everyone up and back all game.

Having him there would also allow us to play Wood forward more, where he’s so dangerous.

If Ronnie keeps up his form that will negate a lot of the loss of D-Mac though. And Seb will presumably spend time on the wings as well.

How'd many teams win with 3 players in the starting forward line having a combined 10 games between them? The more I analyse this game the more impressed I am

1* Caminiti
1* Phillipou
8 Owens
100%

its the going out there and just competing that has me really impressed. especially on the part of owens and caminiti

Up close the guy is absolutely cut. As fit as I have ever seen him.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Calves are going to destroy him.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he was a first round draft pick the media would be raving how he is a future star. For an 18yo with no real preseason to come in play the way the he has is incredible.

Young Silvagni has done his dad and the Saints an absolute solid recommending this kid. I am predicting he will be the best value forward we have ever picked up that wasn't traded for or wasn't in a draft.

Last edited:
He is good on the wing, but he's production from what we've seen would be less than Wood or Hill. Wood can also play the hhf role very well too, so depending on who we want to play there he could come in as 1st picked wing. Hoping he can just get his calves right at this stage tho

He's not going to get back to peak condition this year you imagine so unless we have an injury happen when he's fit he might not make it back. He'd be nervous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back