VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Matters to Hawkins
Really?

I don’t think Hawk would be overly nervous about playing against Weitering. He will try and drag him deep for a one out contest (which Hawk will be too strong in) and if Weitering won’t go with him he will need to try and keep up with ollie Henry or (heaven forbid) jez. Good luck

Really?

I don’t think Hawk would be overly nervous about playing against Weitering. He will try and drag him deep for a one out contest (which Hawk will be too strong in) and if Weitering won’t go with him he will need to try and keep up with ollie Henry or (heaven forbid) jez. Good luck

Weitering likes the Hawkins match up. He has the size to go with him, and the mobility to zone off.

Hawkins goals in the last 5 games against Carlton from most recent to least 1,2,0,2,0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?

Weitering has a good record on Hawk.

So is Jeka actually progressing okay this season?

I haven't seen much and had noticed a few negative summaries of his games.

I don't think he'll ever be more than depth. He's OK but nothing stand out.

And just as I type this, he takes a good mark...then lazily kicks it OOTF.

From what I've seen I'm really impressed by his foot skills and vision. And his aerial contest work is really good too. Progressing really well. Breaking in our AFL team is a tough ask though.

He's coming from wafl ressies and I said certainly. If you're wanting probably then I would knock around 20 games off that
It doesn't sound like that much when you said best 22 either.

Means he could potentially (and I believe will) get plenty of chances between those 60 games before becoming best 22, similar to Dempsey.

I don't think he'll ever be more than depth. He's OK but nothing stand out.

And just as I type this, he takes a good mark...then lazily kicks it OOTF.

I think it's the opposite to nothing standing out. He's a good mark and beautiful kick. But then he fumbles inexplicably pretty often. Don't think he'll make it but I can see why we recruited him cause if he can get rid of his worst 5% of moments he'd be a good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back