Movie Upcoming movie trailers

Remove this Banner Ad

Napoleon is a fascinating figure and Ridley has directed some great historical epics like Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven. But this trailer is not grabbing me. It looks very Hollywood-ised.
That's the point though, it is bombastic on purpose and trying to hype up the non-devotees. I don't care for the trailer either (could be another Robin Hood) but I can understand why it has been presented in such a way, no skin off my nose as I'm keen to see it regardless and given Ridley has tackled the genre many times now it isn't an intriguing trailer one is bound to specifically scrutinise (compared to his last House of Gucci). Audiences don't readily seem to respond to his darker, maturer stuff anyway, after The Last Duel's commercial flop I can understand them wanting to pitch the comparable Napoleon a bit differently and more broadly.

Ok, really wanting to see this movie BUT, this trailer, really does NOT sell this film. More a case of WTF?

Sly Stallone's film the Samaritan, excellent trailer, absolutely crap film. I just hope the reverse is true here.

The movie is FOE.

Made here in Melbourne and shot around parts of Victoria (Geelong area) and was 2 weeks away from end of prinicple photography when a little thing called covid hit shutting down the production for quite a few months.

They did come back, filmed the last 2 weeks and then taken them 2 years post production before releasing.

Paul Meschal (Normal People) and Saoirse Ronan (Hanna & See How the Run - very funny film) star in this.

Set in the future...(you dont get that feeling in the trailer?) blends in some well known still paintings like Andrew Wyeth's woman lying in a field looking at a farm house.

Anyway, 1 weird non sell the film trailer

This seems to have taken the best bits of sci-fi movies from the last 40 years and smashed them together into a money-grabbing spectacle. Or am I being too cynical?

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been counting down the days for the last month.

I'm super excited about the tenth instalment. The previous two (especially Spiral) were massive let downs. I didn't even watch Spiral because it has nothing to do with the timeline or events of Saw.

Apparently Tobin Bell (does he ever age?) has more screen time in this movie than in any of the previous ones.

I've spent about 5-6 hours over the past month watching YouTube reviews/previews and reading fan pages. I'm that obsessed. Some of what I've watched carefully dissects the trailer for clues by pausing at certain times to canvass still images. September 29 cannot come soon enough.

I've been counting down the days for the last month.

I'm super excited about the tenth instalment. The previous two (especially Spiral) were massive let downs. I didn't even watch Spiral because it has nothing to do with the timeline or events of Saw.

Apparently Tobin Bell (does he ever age?) has more screen time in this movie than in any of the previous ones.

I've spent about 5-6 hours over the past month watching YouTube reviews/previews and reading fan pages. I'm that obsessed. Some of what I've watched carefully dissects the trailer for clues by pausing at certain times to canvass still images. September 29 cannot come soon enough.
You didn't miss a lot by passing on Spiral. It was very average. I bought the blu-ray and only watched it once.

Glad to see that Tobin Bell gets more screen time. Just from seeing the trailer, Saw X feels like it's going back to the formula that made the series good in the first place.

I've been looking at the villagecinemas website every few days hoping to book seats. No sessions showing yet.

I don't post here anymore, but wanted to give exposure to Jeff Nichols' next film.

Tom Hardy, Jodie Comer and Austin Butler in a 60s set film about a gang of bikies. All reviews are strong so far, and Nichols knows how to capture the "feeling" of the American Mid West so well. Can't wait for this.

Enjoy Nichols work, great cast.

But wtf is that Tom Hardy accent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems like he's going for a Brando in The Godfather accent, haha. At this stage I think he just wants a try at every gangster accent.

Can I ask why is that?
I just don't think it's for me.

I love films, and I love talking about them, but I don't think I gelled with the overall board, be it tastes in film or personalities.

I enjoyed hearing from 5-10 users, but they were outweighed by a few other personalities that really put me off in the end.

I still check this thread, but won't be posting in the other threads for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back