What movies do you think could go well with a remake?

Remove this Banner Ad

No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
Came across a post on FB before pondering movies that should or could be remade.

Obviously some remakes stink.

The suggestion though was this one:

1712708316458.png
Despite it being a colossal flop, I always have had a soft spot for it. Loved it as a younger bloke and would watch it every now and again.

I think with the right script/director/cast it could actually be made in to something that hits better.

Though sadly, with out the great man;

1712708393409.png

Came across a post on FB before pondering movies that should or could be remade.

Obviously some remakes stink.

The suggestion though was this one:

View attachment 1955223
Despite it being a colossal flop, I always have had a soft spot for it. Loved it as a younger bloke and would watch it every now and again.

I think with the right script/director/cast it could actually be made in to something that hits better.

Though sadly, with out the great man;

View attachment 1955225

Millions wasted on that 😂...

Don't really have an interest in movies being remade, they are what they are the first time around.

Purely from a studio point of view, Tarzan. Has fallen out of favour in recent times since being one of the most remade movies. There's enough in the story to intrigue people of any era. I doubt I would want to see it but it seems ripe for re-imagining, genre shifting, etc.

The Phantom - it's been nearly 30 years since Billy (who the hell is he) Zane created misery and he should be now too old to have ideas about wrecking another one...unless he thinks he's immortal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best movies for remakes are the ones that had a great idea and flopped or were moderate hits. Trying to remake classics is fraught with danger. I think remaking Highlander is a good idea because as much as I loved the first one, you could clearly do it differently and still be great.

That said, going against my own argument, I also reckon you could remake Speed.

The best movies for remakes are the ones that had a great idea and flopped or were moderate hits. Trying to remake classics is fraught with danger. I think remaking Highlander is a good idea because as much as I loved the first one, you could clearly do it differently and still be great.

The question also comes in to mind of how much you stick to the original or how much you deviate

1712961099979.png

Is one of my all time favourite movies.

1712961170189.png

This one not so much

Clancy Brown and Sean Connery (as well as Christopher Lambert) made that movie, you couldn't replace them, would be trying to remake Back to the Future without Michael J Fox or Ferris Buellers Day off without Matthew Broderick

Clancy Brown and Sean Connery (as well as Christopher Lambert) made that movie, you couldn't replace them, would be trying to remake Back to the Future without Michael J Fox or Ferris Buellers Day off without Matthew Broderick
Christopher Lambert, a Frenchman who can barely speak English playing a Scot, Connery a Scot playing a Spaniard and Clancy Brown chewing scenery are all bonkers and part of why we love it, but let’s not pretend it’s deliberate, it was a happy accident. Whereas Back to the Future and Ferris Bueller are genuinely great movies.

You absolutely could make a great Highlander movie without them, even a very different one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back