Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Prime Aubameyang I will always remember fondly, despite how his tenure ended. That run to the FA Cup was something else. A brace in the semi and then the final, glorious.

Ljungberg’s run in 2002 always holds him very highly in these types of discussion. Scored in the final 11 or 12 matches I believe, the iconic red hair, he was unstoppable and so many times his swung the match in Arsenal’s favour. Outstanding.

Question - do you think Arteta plays any mind games with opposition managers and teams?

Guardiola likes to praise a team to pressure them. Klopp's comments after the ManU game, and Alexander-Arnold earlier this week about us getting 'too excited'.

Wonder if Arteta should start returning serve a little?

Arteta would just be focusing the players.

"You're 4 wins away from being League Champions, everything outside of that is irrelevant".

Take it as deep as possible this season, to the final day even. Just never know. Arsenal just need to focus on getting the job done in the remaining 4 matches. From there, whatever happens, happens.

It's unfortunate that we have both Spurs and United away as part of the final 4 fixtures. Two grounds we have terrible records at.

Normally I'd say a draw away at either of them would be a good result, but given the context of the season, we can't afford anything other than wins now.

But if we want to be champions, we can't hide from these games anymore.

A win away at Spurs this weekend and I'll start to believe it could really happen.

United are a shambles and there is no excuse not to win there. History or not, they should not be able to lay a glove on us.

Spurs is the make or break. We’ve played 4 times since they last played. Who knows what that means? Does fatigue kick in for us, or do they come in lacking sharpness? I don’t even want to predict a result there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be 15 days since Spurs went down 4-0 to Newcastle. 15 days of stewing over that shambles of a defensive display. Here's hoping that messes with their heads rather than galvanises them.

There’s physical fatigue and mental fatigue. They looked exhausted towards the final whistle at Wolves. However the energy and intensity during the Chelsea match was something else. Winning can do wonders for the mind, and with the mood and momentum within the squad they’d probably be ready to play today if they could.

If any game is going to sink our season its this one.

Hard to fight the feeling that Spurs are going to put in a 11/10 performance today for the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back