Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hale for anything.

Edwards could get some value, he's become a dead eye dick but doesn't get enough chances from us atm, reckon he'd gun it at Geelong and Hawkins is developing slower than expected. Edwards (+pick?) for Hawkins.

I'd cry if we targeted Hawkins, cant stand the bloke.

Just watching Brad Scott on Foxtel. He said about Azza "he has been and will be a very important player for us in the future."

I heard it and it sounded like the coach sees Edwards as an important player in the forward line up. I think he has been solid this year and he is a very good 3rd marking forward.

Taylor Walker please

What is it with Taylor Walker? Lazy, overated and thinks he is better than he actually is. I will be watching him closely at the Parade against Sturt Friday night if he is playing just to justify my thoughts because i doubt if he will get a game at the Crows

Trade Hale for anything.

Edwards could get some value, he's become a dead eye dick but doesn't get enough chances from us atm, reckon he'd gun it at Geelong and Hawkins is developing slower than expected. Edwards (+pick?) for Hawkins.

So we give up Edwards and a pick for someone who hasn't developed. sounds like a great idea. :rolleyes:

Don't rate him kool kangas?

No , and except for a couple of games he hasnt changed my opinion of him... unfortunately.
l thought his attitude had changed but seeing him try to take the screamers again last weekend just proved what l thought.
IF he has been injured then he shouldn't have been playing considering Campbell was available and as the saying goes " No-one takes the field injured"

What do you think about him DR?

To whoever said McKernan will be more likely to stay given Bock has left I disagree Bock hasn't played much this year and still McKernan hasn't had a run in the senior side also his ready made replacement in Phil Davis (for Bock) has been in and out so still can't see McKernan getting a gig. They also have Andy Otten coming back next year missed this season with a knee reco pre-season if memory serves correctly.

To I think Flawed Genius who asked what sort of player Knights is he is orignially a Melbourne lad who is reported to be homesick and thus requesting a trade (rumour has it). Is 6'1" plays predominantly on the HFF with runs into the midfield (started in the midfield when he first made the senior team but was then moved forward iirc best goal haul is 5 and most possessions in a match is 37). Turns 24 in late September and if not traded is expected to make his way into the Crows leadership group. Main asset is his left foot skills are sublime has had injury concerns though which is worrying but when on is a match winner. I could see him rotating with Anthony between Wing and Half Forward if he played at North.

I am really hoping we can conjure a fearsome forward out of Luke Delaney. Delaney got the physique as well as look to be like Barry Hall. We need some muscle to shake up the opp and put some terror into the opposition.

Danyle_Pearce_Rd0510_246b.jpg

Is he contracted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is a talented footballer, he is judged more harshly than anyone on our list. People seem to ignore the games where he plays a solid game and are quick to pick up the negative aspects of his game and ignore the positive ones.

When was the last time you saw Thomas play for a free kick?

He plays in the hardest position on the ground to be consistent and I don't think there is a player or a forward who kicks 7 goals and is expected to back it up with another bag the next week, except for Thomas of course.

And what is wrong with flying for high marks? If Qwilt didn't buckle at the knees, he might have taken that mark.

We need someone who is an explosive playmaker. Now there are 3 ways to get them.

1. Trade for an existing player.
2. Draft one.
3. Develope one inhouse.

Option 1 is nearly impossible cos we have no top picks.
Option 2 is difficult cos our pick is rather late.
Option 3 is much more likely cos we have Warren Benjamin.

I want us to rookie a small forward next year in case Thomas or Campbell go down again.

How about Jason Laycock for your first rounder?
We will chuck in Dyson if you like.

Dyson sucks!...............much more efficiently than our current old Electrolux so yep, it's on. Chuck in some attachments and it should be over the line on day one of trade week.

Trade Hale to Hawthorn and dig something from them.
TBH I hate the idea of trading with the Hawks. They are dirty dealers... Prefer to deal with the GC or any other team. I think with the new change to the trade laws, Hale could demand big dollars, and hence a nice pick up for us...

Just can't see them giving up 15-25 for Hale, but if any club was going to give up a pick that good it would be the Suns. Especially with them looking for mature bodies to compliment their young guys.

I don't thin BS will move Hale on, unless he gets an offer he can't refuse, wether it be a good pick or part of a deal to get a player he wants, especially since we may need to carry part of his contract if he is moved on.
My understanding is that they dont have a choice in the number. It all comes down to the money they will pay the player once he arrives. I think Hale, being a big bloke, will demand more money, and hence give us a better pick. For that reason, I think the SUNS is a better deal for us, and will get us the highest pick for him, whether that be pick 15-25 or later.

My understanding is that they dont have a choice in the number. It all comes down to the money they will pay the player once he arrives. I think Hale, being a big bloke, will demand more money, and hence give us a better pick. For that reason, I think the SUNS is a better deal for us, and will get us the highest pick for him, whether that be pick 15-25 or later.

He is not an uncontracted player, so they would have to trade us one of their draft picks to acquire him. It's only the one uncontracted player that they get for free and the AFL compensates the team who originally had that player.

He is not an uncontracted player, so they would have to trade us one of their draft picks to acquire him. It's only the one uncontracted player that they get for free and the AFL compensates the team who originally had that player.
So, to trade for him, means we can trade up/down for him then?

Might not be as fruitful for us then.
Point taken. Cheers for the clarification.

I think a forward line with Walker and Hansen would be fantastic and something we could build around and that is before taking into account Aaron Black and his potential to become a quality key forward.

Walker is an X factor like Thomas is an X factor. Where the "x" factor is "is he gonna put in any real effort tonight, or downhill ski for a couple of cheapies".

If you could get him to try 100% of the time then he'd be great, trouble is that's a big if. The SA media talk him up like he's James Hird, and it seems that the SA footy public believe it - unfortunately so does Taylor.

Big question marks over him IMO, he reminds me of Alan Jackovic(?) could do anything, but only ever did it when he felt like it, and never when the going got tough.

What is it with Taylor Walker? Lazy, overated and thinks he is better than he actually is. I will be watching him closely at the Parade against Sturt Friday night if he is playing just to justify my thoughts because i doubt if he will get a game at the Crows

Walkers' problem is that he's fooled everyone in SA apart from Neil Craig, who knows Walker won't amount to a thing until he checks his ego at the door. Walker struts like a Coleman medallist, but his achievements to date have been to play some skilful and impressive footy, mixed with the erratic and uninterested.

If walker wants to leave we should do everything in our power to get him. Arrogant and egotistic, yes, but so were Carey and to an even more extreme extent, Wiz Capper hahah. Regardless of this, the kid is an absolute freak, and has a lot of X-factor about him, recruiting Taylor would make our forward line an absolute machine

HF: Black - Hansen - Warren
FF: Harvey - Walker - Thomas

Get it done North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back